Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Minnesota vs. Colorado.

How will this series pan out?

• Colorado in four.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Minnesota in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colorado in five.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Minnesota in five.

• Colorado in six.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Minnesota in six.

• Colorado in seven.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Minnesota in seven.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will this series pan out?

All articles and discussion can be posted here.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless the Stars say otherwise, The Cup will rest here.

Aves on fire: the team to beat.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lanche continue to roll. Sweep no doubt. If they can stay healthy might just roll all way to the final.

Parkhead

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WILD Series to Come

Big Upset here when you take into account number of play-off games played for each teams roster, but I think that Minny is so well coached that they will stick to a system and surprise the Aves for one win out of the first two on the road. It will go seven and Wild will take it.

This will help shut up all the Vancouver Not-So-Much-Fans who thought we Fukced up by not playing Minny the first round. Or at least just Capt.

HOS

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Minny will be tough as well, but I think th Av's will take it in 7.

Jacques Lemaire vs Tony Granato?
I know which one Id want on my team

Minny plays a solid defensive system that does not give up a lot of goals. They dont score that many either, so I guess that will tell the tale

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Minnesota embraces playoff run
By Mike Chambers

Minnesota Wild players Wednesday appeared to be itching to embark on the first playoff game in the team's history.
Playoff beards - or at least facial hair that created shadows - were featured in front of every Wild locker stall after the third-year franchise concluded an afternoon practice at the Pepsi Center.

This brand of team unity, customary around North American rinks during the playoffs, might have felt a little awkward for a young team that has the fewest combined career playoff games on its roster - 227 - among the 16 teams in the NHL playoffs. Colorado Avalanche goalie Patrick Roy tops that himself with 240 playoff games.

If nothing else, the potential beards will help remind players what time of year it is.

"(The young guys) will find out the first minute about the intensity," Wild coach Jacques Lemaire said of tonight's Game 1 first-round Western Conference series against the Avalanche. "They know it's going to be different. They've been watching playoff games before and know how teams play. We're trying to do our part to get them at a higher level. We'll see (tonight) what will happen."

The Wild as a whole is so inexperienced in the playoffs that rookie winger Pierre-Marc Bouchard - the youngest of the young - doesn't feel out of place. Bouchard, 18, is one of 11 Minnesota players who will make their NHL playoff debuts against a team with nearly seven times more playoff experience on its roster (1,557 games).

"A lot of the guys are like me. We've watched the playoffs since we were young, and now we get a chance to feel what it's like," Bouchard said. "I'm a little nervous because I know it's going to be different than the regular season, but I'm more excited to get going so we can get the unknown out of the way."

According to center Cliff Ronning, who has played in a team-high 105 playoff games, there's only one way to baptize NHL playoff rookies.

"The first game, the best thing is to say nothing," Ronning said. "The excitement - you can see it in their eyes. They've always dreamed of playing in the playoffs, and now it's here.

"As an older player, you want to talk to them as the game goes on. But before the start, you want them to just be excited."

Wildly
The ferocious-looking Wild emblem appears to be of canine origin. Against the Avs, the Wild definitely feels like the underdog.

Minnesota needs four wins to eliminate Colorado, a team that has lost just once against the Wild in three years. The Avs hold an all-time record of 11-1-2-1 in the series.

Ronning said the key for his team is to stick to the basics, which include a defensive-minded 1-2-2 forecheck that often eliminates offensive speed through the neutral zone.

"The game changes (in the playoffs), and it's something you have to learn as a young player," he said. "But we've battled all year playing a playoff style. We're not a run-and-gun team, that's for sure. Hopefully, we'll continue to play our style."

He said it
Ronning was asked how the Wild intends to slow Avalanche star centers Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic.

"Win the faceoffs," Ronning said. "The faceoffs are where it starts. Then you try to keep possession."
Where's that idiot Woody Williams? Was that his name? Remember him when Vancouver played the Avs a couple years ago? Fcuking idiot.:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Un-Fcuking-Believable

Minnesota gets up 2 nil on the Lanche and with 2 minutes left, Aves tie it up.

But sharp-shooter Park scores an OT winner to take it to game seven.

Would anyone else here like to see The Wild knock off Colorado after watching the Ducks demolish the Wings?

Sure would improve the Canucks chances on advancing past the second round.

:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a good result for the 'Nucks as the winner of their series will play the winner of this one...

That place was rocking though! GM Place will be a zoo tomorrow!

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Sure would improve the Canucks chances on advancing past the second round.

you might want to think more about tomorrow's game first.

Cheers
JB

Onegameatatimemakeschampions

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WILD Series to Come

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Big Upset here...
This will help shut up all the Vancouver Not-So-Much-Fans who thought we Fukced up by not playing Minny the first round. Or at least just Capt.

Sure glad we didn't get Minny in the First Round, they are a lot tougher on the Ice than on Paper, I guess them having the Lowest PayRoll in Hockey has something to do with it.

GoWild

Wings Down, Aves to Go

HOS

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, How shocking would it be if both the Wings and the Aves didn't make it out of the first round. If only I was a gambling man I would have predicted that.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How shocking would it be if both the Wings and the Aves didn't make it out of the first round.

Pretty shocking, I would say. If I were a HUGE Canucks fan, which I will be in about 7 minutes, I would say we have a great chance of playing Dallas in the conference finals.

Go Canucks.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am shocked!! I think this is a bigger upset than the Anhiem over Detroit series. Canucks definetly catch a break here.:)

Parkhead

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this is a bigger upset than the Anhiem over Detroit series. Canucks definetly catch a break here.
Because the Wild won or because the Captain has joined the bandwagon?

Stunning.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Room on the BandWagon for YOU

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
If I were a HUGE Canucks fan, which I will be in about 7 minutes
Go Canucks.

Why don't you just keep cheering for Celtics, and leave OUR Nucks alone, we don;t want your kind anywhere near the BandWagon.
We all remember what you said before.

But if you are buying Pints, we can forget quickly, Pilsner for everyone.

HOS

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the Captain will ever join the Canucks bandwagon. He has probably already placed some money on the Wild in game one.;) No Blake, Foote or Marchment to pound on Bertuzzi, I think he loves the sound of that.

parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To commemorate Andrew Brunette's game winner, I'd like to highlight some of the other famous Minnesota alumns who have worn #15 for the team:

Dave Gagner, Raimo Helminen, Kent Nilsson, Jim Archibald, Paul Holmgren, Bobby Smith, Dean Talafous, Rod Norrish, Bobby Rousseau, Danny Lawson, Barrie Meissner, Andre Boudrias, Grant Erickson.

Long live the North Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0