Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2002 Playoff Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imports 3
Firemen 2

Should have been much worse but a win is a win. I think Catso got the winner [surprise, surprise].

I'll let Notty or Walks post a better recap.

~Regs.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eggsellent!

Good work boys! Long live the dynasty!

That's the first time in a while for the double. Was that John or Geoff with the winner? Of course you drank the winnings, right? Hopefully some traditions remained intact this year...the pre-gamer seemed to have fallen by the wayside at the one game I saw this season.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were the Firemen that much different from the regular season? I mean 6 goals against Binger's and 2 more against the Imports sounds like a hell of a turn around for any team.

How'd it go?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Firemen were about 3/4 a new team. Most of them had played a couple of games over the summer, or so they claimed, but not in the games against us.

Ralph got the first and Artie got the winner while John scored the second and fourth goals (yes, it was 4-2 not 3) and although the Firemen were much improved, both of their goals were blunders on our part. The second was a miscommunication in the back line leading to a penalty. Is is me or does Merkel (sp?)get knocked around more than any keeper? The first was a shocking touch by yours truly where I teed a guy up from about 25 yards:(

The game wouldn't have been close if TheRob was there to finish for us early;) Finally, the reffing was OK, with one linesman (sorry, assistant referee) a little stronger than the other...:p

Thanks to Notty for running the Imports this year.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Notty, the Soccer Babysitter

Notty, was it tough to get guys out for a final, or is that when all come out of the woodwork.

Imports are a great team, once they dropped HOS and TheRob from the line-up.

HOSwounderswhenhegetstheCupforaWeek

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

You can stop woundering (sic)... we decided that you and TheRob could each share the two cups for the whole winter. You two can just trade at Xmas.

We had 4-5 subs for each of the last 4 games...and everyone wanted to play.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worthy winners ......

Lads,

Congrats to the Imports for their win on Saturday. Well done ...

Firemen did look a different side I must admit on the weekend as I've ref'd them a few times this summer. Having said that, I thought the Imports did create better chances and hold onto the ball better than the Firemen did. With Catso lingering around the 2nd last defender (yes, I was the 'stronger' of the assistant referee's I fcukin' hope), he always posed a threat especially on high balls into the box (shock ......). His goal off a corner in the 2nd half was exactly what should've been done every time a ball was taken from the corner but I thought there were some very poor deliveries from the set piece (on my side anyways ......).

The midfield was quite congested for most of the game thereby not giving anyone a lot of time on the ball and at times appeared very scrappy. Some nicely taken goals especially Firemen's first (I think .....) with a screamer that went top shelf giving Rob no chance.

Sorry I didn't stick around for the barage of abuse and a few pints but I had to run to the hospital to treat the sunburn I got from looking into the sun all day ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0