Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2006 (aka "The Airport League")

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ:

Running short of bodies? I'll trade you some of our no-shows. I know WhiteKnight is looking for a team...:D

Canadians vs. Cosmos is kind of a grudge match game with a father-son thing going on between Jimmy the Piano and his dad Doug (Funky Cold) Medina. Either of them out?

I guess you also missed that lazy slug CHAB.:D Heck, he could have been a star...

Dap:

Playing the violin should always be out of the question...

Trece

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't need any Spurs rejects but the Piano and Funky Cold Medina might feel otherwise.

As far as CHAB goes, I only miss his beer cooler :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rejects? These are fresh, prime quality players, fresh off the boat from Nigeria and some other equally exotic locales.

They've all emailed me, desirous of playing for a quality side like ours. Or even yours.:D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2 schedule:

JUS – UN South Arm 1
AC – PRI South Arm 2
CAN– MNB Steves 1
SPR – COS Steves 2

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friggin' preview button not working....

Make sure you check your schedules, since El Presidente sent out a new one last week.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos 4 Spurs 2

3-0 at the half. Our starting keeper didn't tell anybody he had a dislocated finger until after the first 2 goals; and he wanted to stay in until the half :rolleyes:. Changed his mind for him and put FCbytca between the pipes; made a big difference having a healthy keeper.

Game was much closer than the score indicated; we bounced 2 off the woodwork just in the first half. Second half was much better with us controlling most of the play and potting 2 in the process to their one; also missing a few sitters in the process. Kudos to Cosmos' keeper; he definitely kept them where they were.

Good strong game by Gurps in the back; would have been nice to have Coolhead back as well, but he's decided that he's "too old" to play on Wednesdays as well any more :rolleyes:.

Much better showing by our lot. It's amazing what a full squad and a couple of subs will do for a team's morale. Also amazing what a missing beer guy will do for morale; he's got some 'splaining to do and could be facing a lynch mob.....:mad:

Also heard Air Canada 4-0 over Barley. Any other results?

Trece

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
...........would have been nice to have Coolhead back as well, but he's decided that he's "too old" to play on Wednesdays as well any more :rolleyes:.
Was that a shot at me:rolleyes:.......I could come out of retirement if the offer was right......

trece verde said:
......... Also amazing what a missing beer guy will do for morale; he's got some 'splaining to do and could be facing a lynch mob.....:mad:
It's amazing how much you Muppets whine when the beer guy is away but we really are handy to have around. I'm sur Club_I_Champ could use a cool one right about now.

Yeah I miss you guys too:rolleyes:

CHAB

slugismymiddlename

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Slug:

Actually, it was just a shot at Coolhead; you're just too sensitive.:D

I could come out of retirement if the offer was right
Are you trying to say that the Piano & his Daddy don't love you anymore?

Actually, I put out a Wanted poster at the Beer Guy's office. Trouble for him is, most of the guys he works with play for UN, so he'll REALLY get razzed....:D

time for more nogomet,

Trece

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
....Are you trying to say that the Piano & his Daddy don't love you anymore?
:rolleyes: I'll be seeing the dynamic duo tomorrow. Don't really think you would want their kind of 'love':D anyway, why do think Rudy is in POCO now.

CHAB

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 3 La Justice 2

Well a tale of two teams , ours with 18 lads and there's with 11 to start the game which proved to help us squeek it out at the end. Nothing better than having 7 subs to worry about , but it could be worse. We score within 10 minutes off of a real floater that found the top corner somehow , i'm positive their keeper thought it was going over. We continue to press most of the half and proceed to chit the bed on numerous occasions. Midway through the second we pot our second and I decide to start rollin' the lines. Well this proves detrimental to our situation and they tie it up 2-2 with about 15 to go. So I check myself and another back into the game and with maybe 2 or three minutes to play we tally the go a head off a Devine intervention (Devo). We waste the rest of the time and the game ends with us breathing a sigh of relief and enjoying a well stocked cooler to end the evening. On to next week ....

cheers , the rattler

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow's games:

Spurs v. Primos @ South Arm
Air Canada v. Barley @ South Arm
Canadians v. UN @ Steves
Justice v. Cosmos @ Steves

All kick offs moving to 6:45 this week

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 3 Spurs 0

We are waaaay too nice. Primos started off with only 8 players (a certain fat dumpster diver got lost on the way to the field again:rolleyes: ), and instead of going for the jugular, we give them breathing room and play nice pass and build but no finish. Eventually they got all their guys out and we got to it. 2-0 at the half, and a third later (3 on 1 break where Reggie was too nice to take out the guy with the ball, and FCbytca just getting fingers on the shot but not quite enough to keep it out).

Best chance of the night for us was Toddy trying to put the ball and the keeper through the net from about 12 yards out; shot right at him nearly keeled him over but not quite enough.

Primos are a big step up from where Chumplain Heights used to be, although they still haven't figured out that the ultimate goal of summer ball is to get to the cooler. Don't think it would have helped us even with our missing TTPers (Gurps and Coolhead) in the lineup.

Winners of last team on the park award last night, as even Barley and Air Canada packed it in early.

Trece

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians 3 Knights 1

A great evening for a futbol match lastnight, at least that's what Texas Rattler thought to himself walking upto the pitch half in the bag.:rolleyes:

We started off the game strong against their 11 men and were rewarded about 15 minutes in. Ten minutes later we doubled our lead after slotting it far post. At this point, TR is starting to feel a slight burn on the back of his neck. 2-nil at the half.

Second half starts with us coming out flat and the Knights taking it to us,. We manage to get a lucky break on the counter attack and bury another one, by Jimmy the Piano, a on touch strike to the far post past the stumbling TR.

Knights pressed even harder and worked the ball nicely and managed to pull one back. Now the match gets interesting. With some much open space available on the counter attack I venture forward on a couple runs from playing sweeper. On one run I manage to beat the man on the by line and take it towards goal cutting it back to the penalty spot. Righ as I cut it back, TR the donkey, attempts to sucker punch me. Luckily enough his muffins of a punch is crap, just like his football skills.

So after that little adventure TR the donkey thinks he can better serve his team by playing upfront for the final 10 minutes:rolleyes:

He then proceeds to tell certain teammates to help him set me up for a tackle. I catch him the act and ask " What, you can't do it yourself?" He replies by walking over and saying "Do something about it, here, first shot is free" Laughing in his face I walk away and the final whistle blows. 3-1 for the good guys:cool:

The Knights are a good group of lads, such as Devo and my mates Warren and Tom, but it's a shame when a muppet like TR comes out to games to start fights instead of just kicking the ball around for fun and enjoying a pint or two afterwards like everyone else in this league.

I'll end my game summary/rant with this, pull your head out of your ass putz.

Any other results?

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 1 Canadians 3

A well desereved win by the canadians as they outchanced and outplayed us for 85 mins. of the game. We outplayed them for 5 mins. when I came out o' the pipes and we shoulda' scored a couple to at least tie the game. CIC I will never talk smak on a CPU if you would like to discuss formation shifts and ram processing over a triple crappa java by all means we can discuss but please don't come on here and talk smak. End of the day pussies talk the talk and tough guys walk the walk , so tell me when to stop marchin' :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

cheers , the Rattler

p.s. when we have subs for the next game I hope that it will be close for you guys ............

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was the game report this is for CIC

You are a good player with good skill you just have to learn to keep your trap shut deucebag. You scizzored me at the end of last seaon in the thurs. day league and I haven't forgot it payback is a beotch and one day you and me will go ..... you better put at least 50lbs. on first so you can get in my weight division and make it fair. To be honest you should bring a lot of your friends to play soccer cause week in and week out that's what we do! I actually probably woulda' enjoyed last nights' game except for your queerbag anticks as both sides' were enjoying " TAKIN THA PISS " at every chance they had. You are right my reactions were unjustified but hey i'm gettin' hitched in under 2 months , so ballz to the wall here we go. I look forward to playin' you soon on Thursday maybe then you can look someone straight in the eye and try to sewer them !!!!!

cheers , the Rattler

p.s. Go Bears

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
texas rattler said:
you better put at least 50lbs. on first so you can get in my weight division..

Nice to see you too sunshine. I'm surprised you didn't post sooner with all the booze that was running through you.

I wasn't aware that being a FAT MESS was a weight division.:(

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not a FAT MESS, it's just the Subway diet...:D

Games tomorrow:

Kops v. Spurs @ South Arm
Barley v. UN @ South Arm
Cosmos v. Primos @ Steves
AC v. Canadians @ Steves

Predictions:

Spurs over Kops
UN over Barley
Cosmos/Primos tie
AC over Canadians and last ones at the park since none of the other 3 teams at Steves will have a cooler...:rolleyes:

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0