Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Captain, you know the difference between an early yellow or two to control the game vs. a reactionary seven once the game is already out of control.

Just for fun I did a little search, and it seems like a pattern has emerged over the years...
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/23873-post62.html

Eh, John Burns wasn't reffing the game in question.........

Have the players EVER thought that their whinging and moaning from the side and on the field actually impacts the game and decisions the ref makes? No, can't be possible.

:rolleyes:

Having reffed all the teams in the division two I can safely say there are A LOT of guys who whine just for the sake of it. And in division one too.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Captain, you know the difference between an early yellow or two to control the game vs. a reactionary seven once the game is already out of control.

Just for fun I did a little search, and it seems like a pattern has emerged over the years...
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/23873-post62.html

I don't think early yellows necessarily control the game....in fact, it often leads to worse things........early red card/red cards......

Canucklehead......sound familiar. At that point, you may as well abandon the game, right?

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took forever to pull the cards out? :confused: Is that what your team needs in order to get into a rhythm? According to the report, there were 7 yellow cards. Was that not enough? :confused:

If a game is not conrtrolled early, players just take matters in to thier own hands. And that is exactly what happened. All the cards started around 40 minutes. To late stripes! I thought this league had the whole ref issue sorted out after the affiliation with BC Soccer. This guy was brutal! We dont need the refs help to get in to a game. Hard to produce when your shoved off the ball whenever your near the net. All Blacks have been doing this forever as long as they can get away with it. Their back line are slugs! Our forwards are not exactly little guys either. Maybe you should have reffed this one because you have been so spectacular this year and your always right!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a game is not conrtrolled early, players just take matters in to thier own hands. And that is exactly what happened. All the cards started around 40 minutes. To late stripes! I thought this league had the whole ref issue sorted out after the affiliation with BC Soccer. This guy was brutal! We dont need the refs help to get in to a game. Hard to produce when your shoved off the ball whenever your near the net. All Blacks have been doing this forever as long as they can get away with it. Their back line are slugs! Our forwards are not exactly little guys either. Maybe you should have reffed this one because you have been so spectacular this year and your always right!!

DJGMC,

You should worry more about your play than whinging about the refs. I will start critiquing your play, if that is okay with you? What division are you playing in to refresh my memory? You didn't complain about him when you had the same ref TWICE earlier in the year. Did you win those games? As for always being right............PLEASE. Far from it as I usually make one mistake a game. :rolleyes:

Now, have fun, good luck in the playoffs and I will make sure I assign the same ref to you next week to see if he is any better. I will be on the sidelines assessing your play and will give a breakdown on TTP when I get back. Cheers.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
that rino/blaze result helped.

we didn't do ourselves any favours. good battle tonite at south memorial. binger's are tough to play against when they work that hard.

i believe we still hold our fate in our hands given that result, (if the league ever gets their shite together and posts an outstanding forfeit win for us....cs????).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why should you get a forfeit? :D BTW, I am the referee coordinator, not president. :)

DOES ANYONE ON DELTA UNITED HAVE GLEN OLIVIERO'S PHONE NUMBER? PLEASE PM ME.......CHEERS.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are the current scenarios in the Div 1 league. Has Rangers already won the league or who can catch them? If there is a tie in the playoff race what is the tie breaking format? This is the first year with the 4 team playoffs so just hoping for clarification.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming Rangers beat Pirates next week (very likely) they will need at least a tie in a makeup game against Blaze to secure the league championship.

I think the current top 4 in the league are secure of their playoff spots. You can probably just skip your game next week and rest up for your playoff run.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
that rino/blaze result helped.

we didn't do ourselves any favours. good battle tonite at south memorial. binger's are tough to play against when they work that hard.

i believe we still hold our fate in our hands given that result, (if the league ever gets their shite together and posts an outstanding forfeit win for us....cs????).

What was the dealio with the first Rangers-Blaze match? Not enough players for the Blaze? Just curious whether we have a gut-shot straight draw at the title on Thursday or whether Smallsy and co. will be drinking from the league cup either way...

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 7
KLM Alemania 1

We dominated. Great group of guys. Good clean match. Sweeney did a great job. Very fair both ways. Warranted pk's for each side...well done.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
royals 3 - all blacks 3

should've done ourselves a favour and tossed that game. would rather play the all blacks than westside rino in the playoffs first game. all well, it fun was fun stopping the all blacks from taking first. underdog stories are cool though.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rangers 6
Pirates 1

one each at half, then blown open in the 2nd with the pirates "abandoning ship" after the 3rd goal. i can only assume that means the league title for us, since the league executive can't seem to get their shite together and at least communicate a decision on our outstanding game vs. the blaze.
play-offs scheduled to begin next week.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough titties, C.I.C. Should have stayed with us and you would have gotten 12 games!

I guess our 1 point from last night puts us above the mighty Blaze!

Probably see you on thursday.

Sidewinder

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0