Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL 2016

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa have folded. Their 3 remaining 2nd Division matches will be awarded as 3-0 defaults to their opposition.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa have folded. Their 3 remaining 2nd Division matches will be awarded as 3-0 defaults to their opposition.

Weird time to fold...surely they could have limped out the last 2 weeks? And is it 8 teams in the cup? They would have been in with a chance...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird time to fold...surely they could have limped out the last 2 weeks? And is it 8 teams in the cup? They would have been in with a chance...

Yes, it is 8 teams in cup for 2nd Division. I believe they were struggling for numbers some weeks, and I'm guessing they are now focused on Nations Cup.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is 8 teams in cup for 2nd Division. I believe they were struggling for numbers some weeks, and I'm guessing they are now focused on Nations Cup.
They're focusing on winning the fiji league and a bunch of those guys are training for nations as well.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bummer.

It's a tough time of the year. I managed a team one year for play in Spring League. I had a SFC team registered in the old Burnaby Spring League, and played myself for SFC in the Knights. The Burnaby league team was a ragtag group of guys mixed from Div. 2, Div. 1, and some SFC home-grown university players home for summer, while the Knights team was supposed to be the Premier team with some of the same university kids. On any given day, both teams could have passed for the other, and on any given day, both could either be a dominant line-up, or piss poor- depending on who and how many could show up. You had to have about 20 guys signed just to ensure 11, and sometimes that wouldn't happen.

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude its a scheduling nightmare I agree with you I think I may have close to 24-25 guys signed for our thursday night team and I still have not put the same line up twice in a game and its over half the season, not to mention we have have only about 2-3 subs at most to all of our games. Hard to get guys to commit this time of the year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude its a scheduling nightmare I agree with you I think I may have close to 24-25 guys signed for our thursday night team and I still have not put the same line up twice in a game and its over half the season, not to mention we have have only about 2-3 subs at most to all of our games. Hard to get guys to commit this time of the year.
We are all on the same boat. We had 11 guys yesterday. Two new guys and about one third CAT/Division 3.
Richmond FC 1 - Campo Atletico 1.
They brought a much better team this time. Most guys seemed premier calibre or top division 1. However, we managed to hold to the draw; perhaps undeservedly.
The referee Yuric was completely awful. He called about 10 off-sides completely wrong. Mostly against us. Then, one of our guys trips their forward out of the box. Referee in the middle of the circle. He calls it a penalty. It was at least 2 meters away from the box. I think the the penalty taker felt guilty because he blasted the ball over the crossbar. It was even most of the time, but I would think that they created more chances. They missed them and our goalie was great. We also missed easy goals. Then, another penalty against us for a handball when the ball was travelling to the stomach of our defender. he could not move away and put the arms to protect body. Another penalty. This time the ball went it. Two guys off with injury. We asked them to stay and walk. They keep possession on their back but are awkward at it; they lose the ball and we score on the counter.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the game we started to watch Westside vs Rinos Tigers. It is very interesting. They showed up with about 20 guys and two different coaches. We realize that the Saudi is back. He seemed to coach the first half with his players. The second half Blaise seems to coach with his youth academy. As one of our players pointed out quite perceptively. Rinos seems to have it all. The coach who pays players (perhaps this is why they are accusing us of paying players, because the Saudi is back and willing to take his team back to premier) and the coach who charges the youth players. Or wait a minute, is it possible that the youth players are paying the older experienced players? What is going to be the official stand of Rinos now? Denounce the Saudi to BC soccer and sign a petition to stop paying players? but he is now part of them? Quite a dilemma for Rinos.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody knows. The Donkey in question is an international man (or men) of mystery, of several known and unknown, far off, mysterious places, where the footballing culture, aptitude, and knowledge far exceed that of our West Coast, back country, Canadian hick village. Think French Riviera, fast boat, Prada sunglasses, silk scarf over white polo top, khaki shorts and sock-less boat shoes, blond bombshell on one arm, brunette vixen on the other, all while juggling a soccer ball and drinking a cognac.

That's all I know.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can the Rino's people give us an update on the draw between Rinos and Westside (1-1)? What caused the Premier team to end up with a draw against the last place and CAT team from Westside?
They better do not come with the excuse of low numbers in summer because Rinos showed up with more than 20+ players.

Is it possible that the THREE coaching factions could not agree on strategy and substitutions? Who was calling the shots?
In the few minutes that we saw the game, we saw three groups of coaches given three different sets of instructions to players (some contradictory)

The amount of talent on the Rinos team is really fantastic. They have former university players, former semi-professional players, former BC youth provincial players and the most that they can manage is a lucky goal?

For us, this is not a surprising a result having seen how the coaching/magnagement of Rinos botched the provincial cup final.

Perhaps also they can not agree on which players should be paid and which ones should be charged? There is something really wrong when you charge youth players $200+ a month and then in the same team you pay adult players.

Why the Rino's crew is so silent on this game and the news that the wealthy Saudi is back with them?

How they can argue that they will not collude in the fall when we see the three groups of coaches having discussions on the sidelines?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unknown-1.jpeg
Does Rino's think that we are in one of the stories of Ali Baba and forty thieves?
Now their story has changed. The Saudi does not pays players. He "inspires" players and this is why these players decided to join the Tigers all the way from Division 3 to Premier. When he left for the Middle East, the "inspiration" left with him and the players disbanded. However, now he is back with his "inspiration" and all those players by a miracle are back to the Tigers Rinos.

We will play them tomorrow. With all their talent, if should not be short of a massacre. if we manage a 0-5 we would be lucky.
images-1.jpeg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
635676891156692865-BensonCOLOR--Hillary-Saudi-Money-05-20-15.jpg
Seriously? What happened with the complaint and petition that Rino's coaches were going to launch against the Saudi with BC Soccer? Are they no longer pursuing it because they are receiving the money directly now or because he is part of their club now?
Is Rinos changing their policy of not playing players?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0