Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rule 23 revised and Rule 25 Premier Cup

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like rule 23 will be updated to allow 5 out of district players starting 2012-2013 and a Premier Cup has been added above the Provincial A & B levels. For 2012-2013 only premier teams may enter the Premier Cup, after that any team in the corresponding age group may enter the Premier Cup.

The link. http://www.bcsoccer.net/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=hEeztjlk9wk%3d&tabid=243

RULE 23 YOUTH PLAYERS ZONING

23.d) A youth aged player may register and play outside of the district in which he/she resides providing that no affiliated team of youth aged registered players shall register and/or play more than three (3) Out-of-District players for the balance of the 2011 -2012 season and no more than five (5) commencing the 2012-2013 season and thereafter.

i) Those districts whose boundaries are limited by geography and player registration of less than 1000 players may apply to the Association for special exemption from Rule 23 d)

RULE 25 RULES FOR PROVINCIAL CUP PLAY Y0UTH

a) The Association shall operate three levels of youth provincial cup competitions: Premier Cup, Provincial "A" Level Cup competition; and Provincial "B" Level Cup competitions, for boys and girls.

i) Teams qualify for and must enter the Premier Cup and the Provincial Cup Competition at the age level of the league in which they participate.

b) The Premier Cup shall be open to all youth teams registered, as declared on entry forms submitted according to the registration dates specified by the Association provided the teams are not under
suspension.

i) For the 2012 and 2013 seasons only, and for the U-13 to U-18 age categories only, only BC Premier League teams shall be permitted to register for the Premier Cup.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is good for clubs like ICSF and Legion and other small clubs in lower mainland. 5 OD is huge help. Wao it will come to who the better coaches are.
I can see Sporing club starting again and Croatia SC. Next year. Good for soccer in BC.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

There is some (limited) validity in what the Basic One is saying. This may be (temporarily) a help to smaller ethnically-based youth clubs, although with the mega-merger of the 3 Vancouver west side clubs, it will all be going out the window anyway. Two more out-of-district players per team is not going to be enough to give any small club the critical mass they need to stay competitive with the big ones, and really, what's the point of starting up another small youth club right now? The landscape is changing, and merger mania is afoot. If one requires evidence: Burnaby, North Van, Richmond, Coquitlam, Surrey have all consolidated their number of clubs. I honestly haven't heard of any part of the province where somebody has started up a brand new one without it being part of a merger over the last couple of years, and VGSC doesn't count.

Honestly, I wish it weren't so. Most of the clubs that ScottyShell and I played against as kids in Burnaby don't exist anymore; they've been swallowed up by the bigger fish... RIP Edmonds, Willingdon Park, Norburn, Lake City, South Slope, Blue Mountain, Bel Air, Cape Horn, Mt. Seymour, Lynn Valley, Lions Gate, etc...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace mega club means nothing. You might have few kids with more pace. Skill and ability to play the game comes from better coaching. Ethnical clubs will have coaching ability.
As you know you can teach twice as much in silver one than gold. Net result is what do you have at U18. Bunch of chaseres or few skilled guys.
In my opinion we rush and forget the main reason of development. In HPL and SLY and Selects it is all about winning. In gold and down it is about development. It is your choyse witch one you choose.
A can tell you that U18 is the year for net result.
Watching todays SYL games pace is there but buildups are way faster than the ball control. Crosses are in not one header in two three games. Or heading is way off the target.
You can see good coaches as their teams have made forward steps in development. U 15 Mountain side is on the right track with good proper istructions from the head coach. Mt Fleming shoud spend bit of the time watching # 10 play ball.
very few at that level at that age nice to see.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mountain u15 #10 is superb. Can't see how he isn't on provincial team - that is if he tried-out for them. CMF #8, Coastal #8 and Abby #9, also....superb players. Very technical. Hope they can catch on somewhere - (ie, get outta SYL/HPL and get themselves into a pro environment - nothing against SYL/HPL!). (note: all the lower mainland teams in the u15 age have some very talented players, but those 4 seem to standout from a technical/offensive perspective - typical of Canadian soccer every team has some very athletic defenders). Having watched a few u13, u14 and u16 games, the case seems to be the same there (but I have a small sample size).

Base' assessment of the SYL technical levels at all ages is accurate this year. Crossing poor, build-up play generally poor with flashes of very good, heading and other aerial control, and playing balls with laces poor across the board. The highest-level SYL players should definitely be drafted into NTC/Whitecaps and kept there, leaving HPL for the rest of the players to improve skills and try to catch-up.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0