Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumors / In The FVSL

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alrighty Then .............

I don't know about that Delta lions rumor,thier coach last night seemed pretty positive about next years season?

I do agree with you on the P K crap.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive is just stirring it up. I think he would like to dismantle them to take a couple players to there newly promoted team. I heard there might be one little transfer between the two. It will be a dark day if it goes through??!!?

And Coach, good on ya.
I think that is huge for the Valley.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
you got me lion I was stirring trouble although I did hear there could be a few players leaving. I don't think it will be as dark a day as when the great LION left the squad

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
totally agree regs straight to Pk's is a joke. I understand Provincials the idea behind straight to Pk's everyone is tired but semifinals of provincials you go straight to Pk's give me a break. I hate PK's as it is but in the semis you have to itleast give a team a chance to become the outright winners on the field. Oh yes I am still bitter

I agree regarding the PK's, but I heard the reasoning had to do with concerns the lights would go out at some of the turf fields if overtime was played.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
I agree regarding the PK's, but I heard the reasoning had to do with concerns the lights would go out at some of the turf fields if overtime was played.
fair enough, but how much trouble would it have been to up the start times 30-45 min. i'm sure the majority of the teams would have been fine with starting early, if they knew it meant being able to play ot if the game came to that

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
fair enough, but how much trouble would it have been to up the start times 30-45 min. i'm sure the majority of the teams would have been fine with starting early, if they knew it meant being able to play ot if the game came to that

Using Mackie as an example, aren't your home games Friday nights from 8-10pm? The 8pm is likely dictated by youth having the field before hand. You can't just schedule the game 1/2 hr earlier. Especially since the FVSL was not giving more than a weeks notice about who was hosting the Cup games.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
Using Mackie as an example, aren't your home games Friday nights from 8-10pm? The 8pm is likely dictated by youth having the field before hand. You can't just schedule the game 1/2 hr earlier. Especially since the FVSL was not giving more than a weeks notice about who was hosting the Cup games.
9-11pm, and yes that is dictated by the youth club.

the unfortunate thing was that the majority of the time there were no games or practices before our games, not sure about GN who we share the park with on friday nights, so this is why, if we had had enough time to reschedule the games 30-45 min i would not see a problem, but as you mentioned, the teams were finding out, at the most, 7 days before the games were scheduled so this was unable to happen anyway

then again the youth club probably would have just said no, because that's what they do when the senior club tries to do anything

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:

So, Joely, your point being two posts ago then is? :D

Bottom line is the League wants times well in advance for scheduling.
And, you're at the mercy of Youth Clubs and their schedules most of the time.

Bumping up matches would be great but the reality is they will be one-offs.
You can't just simply change times, etc. unless its sorted well in advance.

The good news is though is Coach Kenno has promised to deal with this and all other issues pressing to the FVSL this year.
He will be available 24-7 to listen to all of your individual concerns and change the world.
This is his pledge.

He never had a life anyway.
Fcuking geek.

RF

:wa:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Poco City is going to look a little diffrent next season ! They lost alot of guys young & older

Cheers
Rex

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:

the unfortunate thing was that the majority of the time there were no games or practices before our games, not sure about GN who we share the park with on friday nights, so this is why, if we had had enough time to reschedule the games 30-45 min i would not see a problem, but as you mentioned, the teams were finding out, at the most, 7 days before the games were scheduled so this was unable to happen anyway

anything

A little bit late on this topic, but neither GN or the Lions can get earlier games, because Delta's parks board doesnt allow senior soccer on the turf earlier than 9:00pm on friday. I dont know why a youth teams would want to practice so late, but what can you do :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it you can hit the question mark button 7 times but are to lazy to put in an ea in years?

Rumor has it, GEUU may drop U...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
I have heard that Poco will be fielding its weakest team in yrs this season.???????
thats cause their coach eat half the team at lasts nites training
:D

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
thats cause their coach eat half the team at lasts nites training
:D

I let it go the first time because I thought you mis-typed it. But sid, please use the word "ate" intead of eat. It might make your sentence make more sense.

Kind of like I eat Wendy's for dinner last night. It just doesn't work. I ate Wendy's for dinner last night works so much better.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
I let it go the first time because I thought you mis-typed it. But sid, please use the word "ate" intead of eat. It might make your sentence make more sense.

Kind of like I eat Wendy's for dinner last night. It just doesn't work. I ate Wendy's for dinner last night works so much better.
well we in eire dont say ate wesay eat(ett)
:confused:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Why is it you can hit the question mark button 7 times but are to lazy to put in an ea in years?

Rumor has it, GEUU may drop U...

I wish I had your personality.

" Question mark button" now thats funny. RumoUr has it, that it takes a seriously driven man to "hit" buttons and spell question mark instead of hitting the ? KEY, SEVEN times if he wants. You really should throw on diapers before you post my way, you just cant help pissing all over yourself. It's sad really. You're almost at 9000 posts, keep it up loser.

:eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this is where a moderator of the FVSL area (ok.....me) says something like:

"Get your asses back on topic ladies"!

eat, ate, question marks, buttons, your missus's ding dongs. None of them have anything to do with this thread!

How'd I do boss? :D

~S

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0