Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier RUMOUR: Surrey Utd. to FVSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
6.3. Vacancies in any Division, except the ones covered by Section 6.1 shall be filled as follows:

(a) The next place team by points standing in its respective division, regardless of section, shall be promoted, assuming that the teams have played an equal number of games. If the teams have not played an equal number of games, then the team with the highest points/games quotient (points divided by number of games played) shall fill the vacancy.

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, regardless of section, then the team having the best goal difference shall be the next team promoted. Goal average will be used if goal difference fails to resolve the tie.

Case closed.

If any rule need to be changed it has to happen at the AGM and if it pases it has to be implemented in the following season.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you tremy.
As for Rene, it matters because vmsl is not just Premier league, but div 1,2,3 league. Be consistent. What happens at the top(premier) has a trickle down effect. All divisions should play by same rules. Plus a team who did not win a game in Premier league should not get to play for a chance to stay up. Thats a joke.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the "rules" really the most important thing at this point?

Our league is basically under attack by the FVSL in an unprecedented way. They are trying to poach our top teams to gain some form of legitimacy that they can't achieve by themselves on the field. We need to do what is best for the league to make sure we continue to have the best product on the field, and generate the most buzz in the community. I think that these playoffs achieve both of those things.

OK, what? Unprecedented?

Ummmmmm....how many FVSL teams have gone over through the years?

Anyhow, it's a stupid turf war, anyhow, and it's about time the two leagues just got together to form one Premier division. The real question is, what will come first?

1. New merged Premier division?
2. Canada making the WC?
3. @Soccer Coach apologizing for being a hypocrite?
4. My death?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure it does.

All this time you have been decrying some (not naming names) for rewarding players with ice cream, and all the evils of that. Meanwhile...you are rewarding players with ice cream.

Pretty sure that makes you a hypocrite.

That said, you are right, my death will precede any of the other monumental events.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, what? Unprecedented?

Ummmmmm....how many FVSL teams have gone over through the years?

Anyhow, it's a stupid turf war, anyhow, and it's about time the two leagues just got together to form one Premier division. The real question is, what will come first?

1. New merged Premier division?
2. Canada making the WC?
3. @Soccer Coach apologizing for being a hypocrite?
4. My death?

100% agree that one top flight and maybe even one Div 1 is the way to go. It will never happen but hey, if Canada can ever make a WC....

As for the rules @tremy-1 you are right it is cut and dry and it was slated to go that way until North Delta suggested the playoff. Now after all the fuss it looks like VMSL will just stick to their original rules as North Delta has recinded its offer to playoff for the spot.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been beaten to death but rugby has it right: play within your own league until Xmas break. Top teams from each league (Vancouver, FV and Island) get placed in a 'premier' league for the second half of the season. Each club must dress a 1st 15 and a 2nd 15 and they play at 1pm and 2:30 each Saturday.

This would work for soccer even if it was just the VMSL and FVSL and not the island...costs/travel etc.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...I have a question, though I doubt anyone like @Ballbaby will be at liberty of answering...

Why did Surrey United leave? There must be some reason. It's always either money or some sort of a major philosophical (read, hurt feelings) difference of opinion. And...really...this is local amateur football, how much money can we be talking even if there was some? SFA would be the answer. There has to be something else...

Has that even been posted here?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking w/ @utah, and he hypothesized that the Umbro deal may have had something to do w/ it?

Anything?

Anyone?

Bueller?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The difference is in local rugby, the leagues are fairly equal.
This is true. But with the formation of a top tier league I think parity follows. It wasn't that long ago that the fraser valley rugby squads were inferior to the island and Vancouver. Of note, the top team in amateur rugby now is UBC...it's come full circle.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking w/ @utah, and he hypothesized that the Umbro deal may have had something to do w/ it?

Anything?

Anyone?

Bueller?

From what I've heard it's just kind of a perfect storm of new leadership at SU, clashes with certain VMSL personalities :rolleyes: and other small FVSL benefits (ie the Umbro deal etc.).

Lots of unsubstantiated rumors flying about regarding potential financial benefits, but certainly nothing that can be confirmed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Financial benefits are pretty easy to confirm. As I understand it, the league would need to put something major like that to a membership vote. I haven't heard anything about that being tabled, but then I'm definitely a few steps removed.

Your perfect storm theory my have legs.

Sure would be nice if anyone who actually fcuking knows would post. That'd be cool.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,how many championships did the FVSL league win when all the teams that emigrated were playing in it?

We can’t blame any other league, what we have to be is a bit more realistic and realize that it takes time and more than 4 or 5 teams to be a competitive soccer league. Now if being competitive is related to technology or put together 2 or 3 good events a year then I rest my case.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing I've heard through the rumour mill, from a decent source, is travel actually played a little bit of a part in SU's decision?

Spill the beans Ballbaby - We're dying here. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,how many championships did the FVSL league win when all the teams that emigrated were playing in it?

We can’t blame any other league, what we have to be is a bit more realistic and realize that it takes time and more than 4 or 5 teams to be a competitive soccer league. Now if being competitive is related to technology or put together 2 or 3 good events a year then I rest my case.

Huh?

I ask a question like, "Why did they leave?", and you come back and ask me a completely unrelated question?

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to, and why is it directed at me?

Let me make something 100% clear: I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN EITHER LEAGUE!

Maybe at one point I did, I don't now. I play, maybe, 6 matches a year at the M1 level, and could care less what league we are in (now the FVSL, until Rangerforever accepts an offer to leave to the VMSL, that is). I do this solely for peace of mind: my body tells me I should quit. I like playing the odd semi-competitive match w/ a bunch of other old farts. That's where my involvement begins and ends.

I don't coach in either league.

I am not part of the BOD of either league. I also can't stand Thomas Mills, think he's a fcuking twat, and if I ever have to be in the same room as that lying two faced fcuk again, it'll be too soon. Just so we all know, because of him, I'm really not the biggest FVSL fan, either. Just so happens my team plays in it.

Clear?

I do like these discussions, though, and at the moment, I'm very curious as to why they left...and it seems you are VERY defensive of that question.

So...to your knowledge, why have they left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0