Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Scare the Bad Driver" game

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB...I think you're postgating iandmcintyre.

Postgating: transitive and intransitive verb post close behind: to post very close behind another poster.

I

iandmcintyre

steve1234: Actually, we have 2 cars: 2000 Ford Mustang Convertable ; 2004 Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor. The red Mustang in Stew's video is very similar to mine.

The Mercedes was the car that I was driving during my "parking lot" rage incident.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: "Scare everyone including the Bad Driver" game

iandmcintyre said:
steve1234: Actually, we have 2 cars: 2000 Ford Mustang Convertable ; 2004 Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor. The red Mustang in Stew's video is very similar to mine.

The Mercedes was the car that I was driving during my "parking lot" rage incident.
iandmcintyre, this is super-duper timing as I've been looking at upgrading my family's sedan and the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor is on my shortlist for potential replacements for our Fiat Punto (supercharged, twin cam double cam). The thing is, my new family is growing really quickly (the missus is in the family way again!!!!) so I need to get a sensible family-orientated motor that's not too expensive. The 2004 Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor is really affordable over here (Oslo) and, really, the only thing going against me getting one this weekend is the fact that everyone seems to have one. I know that's a pretty shite reason for not buying a sensible mid-range 2004 Mercedes Sedan Kompressor but if everyone's got one it makes it kinda boring, you know?

The only other motor on my shortlist is a 'T' reg Vauxhall Astra which is, obviously, a really great car but it's far more expensive than the 2004 Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor. I'm in two minds about this, any advice?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty, the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor, the lowest-priced and most basic of all Mercedes models, is quite simply the only choice for anyone who desires to be seen as cool/elite/wealthy but just ain't. Similar to the BMW318i it is for wannabes, whitebreads and wanks. I myself prefer the Aston Martin Elephant. Loads of headroom and you should see the truck space!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides that, if you happen to be a real estate agent, you have to be seen in either a Beemer, Merc, or Audi at the very least in order to fool your potential clients into thinking you're a member of the President's Club. A VW Passat simply will not do. :rolleyes:

Personally, I’d have more respect for the guy who drives up in a dirty Ford F-150 crew cab.

iandmcintyre: didn't it occur to you that when you stated you drive a "fancy sports car", and nobody cared to ask what kind of car, that maybe nobody cared?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Audi's are for poof's and the English, besides, you never know where one may break down. There is major flaws in it's overdrive, hyper drive and flux capacitors systems. Next thing you know you're riding the skytrain to and from work.

If I don't get moved up to frie's soon and become a realtor, with no listings, and a face like a burnt running shoe, I"ll be driving the hottest sport car on the market, the Hyundai Tiburon. Cause that sport car gets noticed.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As seen on TeeVee

Smallsy:

Nice colour scheme. It beats iand's plain ol' monotone Horsey all to heck.

Is that a Maverick or a Duster in disguise? My poor old eyes can't quite make it out at thumbnail-size resolution, and it doesn't seem to want to be clicked on to show something bigger. Heck, if it's either, you could fit it out with Collector's plates by now....

KNVB:

Are you still stuck on lot'n'lobby? There are some really good shows on late night TV that could help you out. Especially the no money down ones. Heck, look at me. I paid for the course, and now I'm a computer repair technician in my spare time!:) My manager said that I showed lots of 'nishutiv; I guess that's sort of like when you get the cashiers to charge extra for the condiments? Anyway, I got moved up to assistant fry cook! I'm going to try for my security guard course next; they've been advertising that one alot too...

bye

stew:cool:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duster or Maverick? you're insulting the Javelin owner's of the world! I'm thinking of a Matador, Gremlin or Hornet Camino for my second vehicle.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duster or Maverick? you're insulting the Javelin owner's of the world!
Told you - I couldn't tell from your teeny-tiny picture. Go with the Gremlin; they're more fun to work on. Better yet, get a Pacer. Same AMC quality, better resale value....

Beers,

stew:cool:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I myself prefer the Aston Martin Elephant. Loads of headroom and you should see the truck space!

Beanbag's got one of them and he's taken to driving about London with a boot full of tusks. Birds love it, he reckons. Closest thing he's got to fanny in months is one of Dude's posts so he's full of bollocks. It's left-hand drive too. Flash bastard. Ever since Beano packed in work as a personal trainer to John Candy's DNA and took up raving full time all he does is bomb about town in his Aston Elephant cranking out the latest choons based on the recommendations of soothsayer Luc Van Lierde.

Bit pricey for me, however, I'm still quite keen on the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor. I'm neither cool, wealthy, nor elite and possess a manhood that makes women weep with frustration so I feel it may be the motor for my needs. Plus, my old man had a Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor. He only ever hit me twice as a kid and I think I turned out all right so the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor always reminds me of my Dad.

Still, it hurt like a bastard getting hit by the thing, it's a fcuking fair size the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor.

R.I.P. Bob Monkhouse.....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a related story . . . .
Premier Campbell gets his driver's license back

VICTORIA/ CKNW (AM980) -- Premier Gordon Campbell has his driver's license back.

The Premier's staff say it was not a case of having the license lifted following his impaired driving charge a year ago, rather it was a matter of the licence expiring on his birthday last January, shortly after his arrest for drunk driving on Maui.

Staff say he has reapplied for his license and now has it back.

I

iandmcintyre

It's too bad Mr Premier did not lose his license last year after the Maui incident. If he had to ride his own BC Transit system, he would realize how bad it is. From Sept 1989 - March 1994 I was riding the transit system everywhere.

To answer Fastshow's question, I would recommend the Mercedes C230 Sedan Kompressor as a good reliable car. Mercedes includes more luxury features as standard in their cars than only other auto maker which I priced late last year. And the main reason that I went with Mercedes is I got sick of Ford and GM with their infinite manufacturer's recalls.

And the cars fancy cars are not just about image... If you can afford the cars, why not have them? You are only live once!

Ian :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0