Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shawcross tackle on Ramsey - Stoke vs. Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow :eek:
did anyone see this tackle?
i did not watch the game, but, checking on scores when i got home tonight, i read about the horrid tackle and saw it on youtube...yikes

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know the sad part about this tackle is that if the leg doesn't break I'm not sure that that is even a yellow. I think this is one of those where it wasn't the intent that got the red but the result. Unlucky hopefully Ramsey heals quick but I've seen worse tackles in our leagues. Yes he was a little late but studs are down and it honestly looks like he was trying to kick the ball.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know the sad part about this tackle is that if the leg doesn't break I'm not sure that that is even a yellow. I think this is one of those where it wasn't the intent that got the red but the result. Unlucky hopefully Ramsey heals quick but I've seen worse tackles in our leagues. Yes he was a little late but studs are down and it honestly looks like he was trying to kick the ball.

you are right
i should have noted that it was quoted as a "horrid tackle"
i as well think it looked like a 50/50 ball and shawcross went a bit hard in, but, if the leg didn't break, it may have been a foul and not even a yellow

extremely unfortunate
hopefully he will heal well

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Term after watching it several times there and pausing things before the contact, I totally agree. There was NO intent at all and it was a challenge which was late which usually ends in a foul at the most but studs were down knees were bent in the tackle and not straight.........terrible for both lads involved. :(

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
even as an arsenal fan, i don't think it was worthy of a red. Just one of those unfortunate things in the game. It was a 50/50 and they both went in hard, shawcross was late so imo a yellow would of been justified. Sucks for both arsenal and ramsey as he was a major prospect and hopefully he recovers fast.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unrelated but a neat watch...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHq5PM0aFqI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- The Terry-Bridge Hand Shake That Didn't Happy[/ame]

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read somewhere that Bellamy called him a twat in that hand shake....watch Bellamy...he certainly says something and doesn't look at Terry......:D

Well done, Bellamy. :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read somewhere that Bellamy called him a twat in that hand shake....watch Bellamy...he certainly says something and doesn't look at Terry......:D

Well done, Bellamy. :D

he totally does...ha ha!
and i love how he turns his head away from terry so that the camera gets a clear view of it
brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0