Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just an update for you many rankings fans out there. SMEPR staff, recently bailed out by a last minute cash infusion by Moneyman, the Roman Abramovich of Masters football, will be working feverishly over the weekend. We are forecasting a Tuesday or Wednesday debut of the 2008-2009 rankings.

There are still lots of games to go this weekend, but at this point, the top three (in no particular order) appear to be Sapperton, Columbus, and GEU.

As always, staff welcome input from any TTPers on their opinion as to the respective teams' rankings positions.

Just be advised though, this is not a democracy.

Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M is doing this right - wait a few weeks in to see what the treads are and rank from that. Great work in advance. Sapperton Rovers 3-0-1 BTW

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, sorry for the delay everyone. Sir M actually thought he could get away with shirking his duties until the mighty WVFC machine got back on track, but the one person who can get Sir M sit up and take notice (other than Mrs Sir M) has spoken.

Moneyman has declared to Sir M, it is time to get on with the much anticipated inaugural 2008-2009 version of...

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

So no more fooling around, here we go:

1. Delta Metro United (FVSL). This side is undefeated and untied in their first 4 games of 08-09. Staff report that Big Ian believes that the best thing that ever happened (other than the invention of Yorshire pudding) is his departure from the now fractured PAU club. Away to the ever dangerous All Blacks next.

2. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL) . This side is also undefeated and are having their way thus far this season, as the erudite WAB has whipped them into shape...so far. Next up, home to MFFF.

3. RCIU (VMSL). This team is an amalgamation of Club Ireland and other people from Richmond. The season has gone well so far for this side, but should things start to go downhill, Sir M is thinking not a bad shout for Steve1234 to get a delay switch on his vehicle ignition. Away over at Ambleside on Friday.

4. Columbus (VMSL) . And then there is talent. Columbus has an improved side this year, they lost Batista, but added Giovanazzo, which in staff's opinion is a good trade off. PCOV next.

5. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL). Tied Aldergrove on the weekend, which I am sure my friend Coach will admit is not up to his expectations. One year older, and a bunch of great guys...ok a few great guys who make up for everyone else. Will be right there all year, staff predict. PAU Blue next.

6. Mission Blues (FVSL). Well let all of us Masters Football fans sit up and take notice, as Les Bleus have come out of the gate on fire. Staff are dismissing the unsubstantiated rumour that this is due to the inordinate ratio of Doukhabours on this side. Home to Abbotsford next in a fairly pastoral Derby.

7. Cliff Avenue (VMSL). Cliff hung on for a gutsy win over WVFC on the weekend. Away to Inter at Hastings on Sunday.

8. PCOV (VMSL). PCOV has gotten off to a flying start, and are in 4th place in the VMSL. Tied on the weekend, but are looking to establish Commercial Drive domination this weekend, hosting Columbus. And no, that is not a Womyn's thing, at least in this reference.

9. GEU Thunder (FVSL). This team is off to a very good start, and had a noteworthy victory last week. Away to Aldergrove next..Road Trip:bronco:

10. West Side (VMSL). They lost on the weekend, big deal. They could very well end up BC Champs this year. Away to Surrey Utd Sunday. Potential MOTW in the VMSL this week: Sir M may try to make it out to this one if Regs buys him a coffee.

11. Surrey United (VMSL) . See above, except they won't be playing themselves. Hopefully.

12. West Van FC (VMSL). This team is having its usual apathetic start. They host Richmond on Friday...shhh.

13. ICSF Inter (VMSL). It was believed by staff that Inter would struggle this season a bit, and they have, but Sir M predicts they will be fine. Much like AIG.

14. Aldergrove (FVSL). Aldergrove is cool. 8 points through their first 4 games. Big game against GEU next, where they will separate the men from the boys.

15. Wickham (VMSL). The newly relegated to Div 1 Wickham side is having its way in the penultimate VMSL Master Division this year thus far. Away to Cracovia next.

16. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Have come out a bit slow, but tied on the weekend. Hoping to catch WAB's crew being a bit complacent this week, which is do-able, staff predict.

17. Roma (NSCL). Staff are not suprised that a team with the like of Totti are doing this well in the NSCL, which, with all due respect, is a step down from Serie "A".

18. Nordic (NSCL). Nordic are 2-0 thus far this year. Nothing like 24 for 22, but that is another story. Up against upstarts NAFC next.

19. Vikings (NSCL). Vikings are a nomadic lot, prone to eating raw meat, wearing fur, and not shaving. Kind of like Maria Signorelli from high school days. Coveside next.

20. 22nd Avenue Lions (VMSL) . Just because of the name.

So there you go. Sorry for the delay. Good to all teams aspiring for the rankings this week.

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#5!!!

What till we start training, we might even knock off Sap or Delta from the top, btw, we beat both last year.

I blame, Mickey Mouse, Tiger Woods, and New Turf Fields, soon all will be back to normal.

hos

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M and staff thanks for the placement
I have a question on the info you and your staff have ?

"3. RCIU (VMSL). This team is an amalgamation of Club Ireland and OTHER people from Richmond."

Just wondering if you were basing this on our Open Premier Team ... No offence
to the guys who crossed over from CI but the master's team is made up of former RUFC member's ... I don't think anybody from CLUB I is close to O35's ... excluding the Coaching staff .....their old Buggers drinking schweps

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RCIU group is all Richmond United players and they are doing a fantastic job at the moment. I think I'm the only Club Ireland person who might be old enough/eligible to play and that isn't going to happen because I'm finished. :D Keep up the great work, lads............

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot, just be happy that you guy's cracked the the prestigious(sp) Sir M. Power ranking in the top three!

Just wondering if you were basing this on our Open Premier Team ... No offence
to the guys who crossed over from CI but the master's team is made up of former RUFC member's

I'll be surprised to ever see Sir M and his staff ever be that kind to you again, especially since you started second guessing his comments about your team!:rolleyes:

As for PCOV, I don't see any of them complaining that they are ranked behind Cliff Ave, now that's a team with class!:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its good to see that that little plant caused the desired responses from the RU camp. Plus Conductor, who of course must reply to everything.

Sir M.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"T-Idiot, just be happy that you guy's cracked the the prestigious(sp) Sir M. Power ranking in the top three!"

Conductor .. I'm not being baited into your crap .. These rankings are fun to read and don't mean Crap ( no offence Sir M) when the whistle blows for the next game .. and concerning Club Name stuff

No second guessing just some information for Sir M and Staff
Now
"Put an egg in your shoe...and beat it"

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
These rankings are fun to read and don't mean Crap ( no offence Sir M) when the whistle blows for the next game ..
You are right there. They don't mean much yet we still pay attention to them... Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0