Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Soccer Brands

Best Soccer Brand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've gone through several periods where I would swear by using/wearing a different particular brand - Nike, Diadora, and Adidas... never really liked Umbro for the simple fact that their boots seemed so heavy and bulky whenever I had a pair of their boots. It seems I always come back to Adidas. Why is that? Is it value for money? The durability and fit of Copas? Old school marketing? I'm very happy to learn that my club - Surrey United - is going with Adidas this upcoming year after using Admiral all these years - I can't stand Admiral!

Is the Patrick brand even around still? John Catliff still wears a pair but I don't know where he got them - I'd snap a pair up plus some apparel if I could find them.

Anyways, what is your favourite soccer brand? I've included the main ones I could think of right now in the poll above with an 'other' option for ones you might swear by - please post in here what they are.

Don't forget to vote either!

Cheers,

~Regs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nike,
For me and my EEE wide feet I go through 3 or 4 pairs of Adidas in a season if I buy them...

I hate flash and dash look of the Nike Legend and Nike Total 90's but my feet love them, never had blisters, sore arches, or hurting toes...Plus they seem to stand up to muddy fields and water abuse better than the Adidas.

My Umbro 6 studs are the only Umbros I have worn and not thrown into the bin...You're right they always feel bulky and heavy- my 6 studs do tend to soak up more water than my Nike's though...

As far as kits and training gear or other apparel Adidas or Nike...Nike'd dry fit stuff is real nice.

My only qualms with Nike is their socks...They claim on the packaging to be Men's size 8-12 but I swear they meant Boys age 8-12 because I can't get them over my shin pads to even tell how far up my leg they will go...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Odd thing BNJ, I can't wear Nikes as they're too thin for my wide feet, Umbro fall apart within 2 months, but never had a problem with my Adidas and won't wear anything else. Training gear has got to be the Adidas Climacool or Nike Dri-fit, best in all conditions.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hm. I double sock as well, sport socks then shin guards, then thin No Name brand socks or Umbro Performance socks and my feet are Good to go with the Nikes. They feel fine in the Adidas boots, but the Adidas boots have just fallen apart, the stiching holding the upper to the footbed always tears around the instep and ball of my foot as well as the opposite site where the toe portion bends...

You must have caveman feet Mr Stallion...

I know how bad my feet are from my youth of playing hockey and always having to have the Hockey Shop or Nordel Sports have to bring in special skates for my wide feet.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've gone through several periods where I would swear by using/wearing a different particular brand - Nike, Diadora, and Adidas... never really liked Umbro for the simple fact that their boots seemed so heavy and bulky whenever I had a pair of their boots. It seems I always come back to Adidas. Why is that? Is it value for money? The durability and fit of Copas? Old school marketing? I'm very happy to learn that my club - Surrey United - is going with Adidas this upcoming year after using Admiral all these years - I can't stand Admiral!

Is the Patrick brand even around still? John Catliff still wears a pair but I don't know where he got them - I'd snap a pair up plus some apparel if I could find them.

Anyways, what is your favourite soccer brand? I've included the main ones I could think of right now in the poll above with an 'other' option for ones you might swear by - please post in here what they are.

Don't forget to vote either!

Cheers,

~Regs.

I still have an old pair of the Patrick Noir's in my garage... CLASSICS!!!!!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE training gear...

being a keeper... i will grab whatever logo'd company giveaway nylon crap i can find as it gets horrified within a few months of throwing myself around in the mud.

after games, however... i like to throw on the classic cotton sweats. step one is to cut the elastic at the ankles. chillax!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adidas boots are the best. I like Umbro for our uni's (shirt, short, and socks) I had Puma king's before and I liked them. the closest thing to wearing Adidas boots. I tried the Nike total 90's for turf and indoor. I don't like turf boots at all. I would just wear my copas. wet grass my world cups or my Pred's (the top end ones) I haven't tried any Nike training gear. Umbro and Adidas are the way to go.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umbro's come a long way, thier boots used to be really heavy. But since they came out with the X-boot they've been pretty sold. And I love my super pretentious Umbro SX's.
Nike boots are too wide for me.
Adidas is solid, but their boots always end up my second choice when I'm looking for new ones. I wear their socks over top of a thin (dress) sock. Jsut be cause they do so much soccer, I think I have more of their gear than any other brand.
Does anyone know if Adidas is still going to market Reebok as a soccer brand? They bought them within the last year.

KJ

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have stuck with the umbro's for many years. For $99,... the k-leather Owens do the trick. Especially when you trian on turf and %67 of your games are on turf. Turf eats through the boot. I bought the $230 pair of Umbro, silver x Owens or whatever they are called. WIth the ceramic leather. Or whatever. They were great,, But not worth the money, after they didn't last a year.

It is almost worth buying a cheap ass $100 turf boot for the weekly practices, and a good gamer boots for the weekend (hopefully) grass games..

but this fricking turf is killing it all.
The boots,
The skin,
The ankles,
that sweet sunday smell,
and being oh, so close the the heart of the earth, the soil, the game......

**** TURF!!!

LION

yah... so Umbro boots, for $99( 3 year old, owens, with low 12mm blades, for turn option ) when you go though a couple boots a season.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umbro's come a long way, thier boots used to be really heavy. But since they came out with the X-boot they've been pretty sold. And I love my super pretentious Umbro SX's.
Nike boots are too wide for me.
Adidas is solid, but their boots always end up my second choice when I'm looking for new ones. I wear their socks over top of a thin (dress) sock. Jsut be cause they do so much soccer, I think I have more of their gear than any other brand.
Does anyone know if Adidas is still going to market Reebok as a soccer brand? They bought them within the last year.

KJ

Yes, will be marketed as a separate entity. However don't expect to see much for awhile as their current lineup is light years behind the 3 majors. Their signature Henry boot is not very good.
My two cents on brands, if you have a Nike foot you are a Nike customer. Same with Adidas and Umbro is in there as well, closer to a Nike fit. The reality remains that you should not be sitting their trying to decide between a Legend and a Pred, or an SX boot and a Nike Total 90(Supremacy). Your foot that you were given should and will make your decision for you. Most Adi blow through quicker because people stuff fat feet into a narrow boot for the touch.

Nike has revolutioned the market. They have made Adidas and to a lesser extent Umbro get better. The product you get today is twice what you got for the same price 5 years ago. $100 as Lion says gets you a very nice boot.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand the whole buying cheap boots thing. 1 night at the club or the Pub can cost well over $100 but buying boots that last 6 months to a year at $200 is excessive. i rather buy top end boots and cut out a few nights out because I notice the difference between nice and cheap boots. Umbro from my experience is shite and I rather wear pink Jomas. I buy a pair of cleats a year and usually you know someone so those $230 boots become about $150 and fukc you not left wearing pleather. Adidas and Nike are the top with umbro fading and already gone in my opinion. Lion I find a play a lot better turf but i'm starting to agree that it just plays to much of a toll on the body.
Hammers on a winning streak
Out

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with LFC2...

My pet peeve on the subject of turf... they make a turf boot for a reason and they don't make it out of $300 leather for a reason. Wearing a Nike Legend, Copa or even a Speciali and the like is complete lunacy, IMO, as carpet and leather don't mix.

On an injury note, why on earth would anyone wear a shoe meant to grip and grab on a surface meant to do the same? The new turf shoes perform equally as well on wet or dry turf as do studs but with-out all of the massive risk. 2 pairs of shoes or 9 moths of rehab? I think the extra cost is well worth it.

I was a hard core Adidas fan but absolutely love the Nike Legends in all types of grass conditions, but I’m a “forward” and can get away with it.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love my fancy short cleat St George cross Umbros on short dry grass, my long cleat full grain Adidas F30s when the grass is long or muddy, and my Nike Shift 90's on the turf.

And they all only cost me three nights drinking. I know, the way I drink, maybe six nights... but I am only 1/4 Scottish.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

You and your Fugly white boots...

Next chance I get on a Saturday, I'm going to scuff them up...:D

For those of us with Golllum feet, the Nike and Adidas boots are just too narrow. I've been flipping back and forth between Puma, Umbro and Diadora over the past few years because of the wider fit. No brand loyalties; just whatever fits best from this (or last) year's model. Also, only having one ankle forced me to give up sixes ages ago. What does work best for me needing to go from wet long grass to turf to bone-dry grass is a good all-purpose blade (yes I wear them on turf). Don't play often enough on turf (yet) to require special-purpose boots.

Pink Jomas are just plain wrong on so many levels that there isn't enough room or time to list them all.:rolleyes: The only time I've deliberately looked for coloured boots was when I ran Celtic in the Burnaby league back in the Stone Age, and I found green Umbros...

Cheesy,

Trece

Trece

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a keeper it's adidas for me as they seem to make the best gloves hands down ... no pun intended.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0