Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sporting At The Nationals, Day 1/2

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
I am interested as to what the game was like from the Newfies broadcast, does anyone want to take that question if the listen to it?
In the 10 minutes I listened to, it was pretty good though they always got the Gomesys mixed up and I thought the taunting on air of your blonde-haired back-up keeper, who was quietly sobbing to himself, was a bit much.

I think they even used him as a Newfie joke punchline!

:D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saskatoon 2, Sporting 1

Obviously we didn't play as well as we did last night, but we still had more than enough chances to win this game. We had 3 or 4 glorious scoring oppurtunities in the first 20 min. but we just didn't put away our chances. It was 0-0 at half, and then playing at 7pm last night and then 11am this morning seemed to take it's toll on us in the second half. They scored off a header on a free kick where they sent five guys in, they were all marked up on top of the box, but only 2 of our defenders followed their checks in, terrible! We tied it up on a corner about 5 min. later, but then they got another one on us after a defensive miscue by our midfield that lead to a breakaway with about 4 minutes left in the game. We had some great chances in the second half while it was still 1-1 that we didn't bury as well including one off the post and then a goal mouth scramble that was stopped on the line. Saskatoon scored on their only 2 chances in the half. Just one of those games.

Bitter,
Gomesy jr.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
He may still be distracted from the most awkward keeper in Canada making a tremendous flying, one-handed save on his goalbound drive.

Good to see you got a game Sensei. ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
In case you all haven't noticed, I tend to write with a slightly sacrastic overtone. I figured lines like "the jet lag kills" and "nasty time zone change" would indicate as much, but apparently......Take The Piss, not Keep The Annoying Sapperton Manager Informed.

Anyways, you're all a bunch of bloody vultures circling for another carcass. Draw more conclusions as the weekend unfolds, but you won't be getting much more from me. TTP retirements suck but I can see why they occur.

You can all kiss my ass. Hope you liked the diary. Cheers for watching.

Now THIS was a hilarious post! Well done. :D

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
I suppose many are curious as to what exactly happened in the Edmonton game, so here goes.
Okay, the game. First off, we were awful. Nothing was clicking, period.
Anyways, it was brutal to watch given the fact we like to string together a lot of short passes.
And that was it..
Sensei,
Although I was out of town for the wknd I did watch your first game and your'e right - it was awful to watch!! Both teams did not look very good at all. Nerves, missing players, whatever.
What you guys always forget though is that you are now playing at 3500' and that is hard to adjust to. If you didn't arrive until Wed for a Thursday game you're on a hiding to nothing. It takes a few days to adjust. Hard practice on Wed would have helped I think, instead of pizza and wings!!
Just got back from a tournament in PoCo with my kids team - had to leave town as I couldn't bear to watch a tournament we should have been in - and the difference in playing conditions from a damp BC to a dry, high Calgary is amazing.
Just a thought!!
Hope to see you all in BC next year!!
Nobby

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gomesy! any chance of letting us know what players sporting took to alberta?did dario go?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy16 said:
Sid,
Yes Dario went.
I had the privilages of coaching dario in the summer,A lot of people underestimate him ,I even made him captain!did he play much & is he still playing for you lads?unlucky in the nationals by the way?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Dario is still with us. He didn't play too much at nationals since we were playing a 3-5-2 and he was also one of the 4 or 5 guys on the team battling illness for most of the week.

Cheers,
jr.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gomesy_jr said:
Yes, Dario is still with us. He didn't play too much at nationals since we were playing a 3-5-2 and he was also one of the 4 or 5 guys on the team battling illness for most of the week.

Cheers,
jr.
actually he is versatile in d or the middle of the park, ask him bout that son! you should give a shot I think you underestimate him,

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Underestimate him???? I didn't even say anything about him in that regard. I was just answering your question by saying he didn't play much.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gomesy_jr said:
Underestimate him???? I didn't even say anything about him in that regard. I was just answering your question by saying he didn't play much.
well maybe underplay him
:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0