Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sunderland vs. PCL/VMSL All-Stars

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
haven't heard much talk about this, but here is the line-up from the excellent site.

Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Sapperton Rovers); Serge Djekanovic (Westside Rino)
Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); Paul Vandenboomen (Victoria United); David Gustar (Victoria United); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Kevin Mennie (Victoria United); Rob Venhoff (Victoria United)
Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Will Moore (Victoria United); Tyler Rosenlund (Columbus-Clan FC); Kevin Hearn (Sapperton Rovers); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves)
Forwards: Alex Elliott (Columbus-Clan FC); Joe Scigliano (Columbus-Clan FC); Steve Dickisnon (Westside Rino); Jordie Hughes (Victoria United)
Coaches: Martin Foden (Surrey United); Dante Zanatta (Victoria United)
Game: Thursday, July 14, 2005 against SUNDERLAND (English Premier Division) at Royal Athletic Park in Victoria. Kick-off is slated for 7:30 p.m.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Criminal?!?!? Did he play more than a half this year for Sapperton?!?!? Or is that Azzi's way of trying to claim him as a VMSL allstar (should be listed as Penticton)?

:D

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunderland won 1-0. Anyone know how the local players did - who started, what subs were made?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sunderland article mentions the Sunderland subs, but no one has said who started for the PCSL all-stars and who came on as a sub.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Cap's beat them 3 - 0.

I can't imagine Mick McCarthy being too happy with that scoreline. Yah, the EPL is the best league in the world?????? :D

Even the Huns would have stuffed the Whitecaps......;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get real Captain...you called Bobby at halftime for an update, didn't you?

BTW, saw the man leaving with his Missus after the match...Cracker!

Very entertaining game, in terms of chances. Great atmosphere too. I have to say, when I saw Carlo Corrazine step on the pitch, he looked more like a plump Italian sausage than a footballer; I thought he'd be in tough to create anything. But, he was paired with that young runner (then later JJ, who seemed tireless and very strong) they have up front (forgot the guy's name) who did a tone of running, and seemed to open up some space, which allowed Sausage to distribute. Geeger also did well on the finish of the opening goal. He set up the other two, and overall had a very good game up front with winning the free headers and allowing his strike partners to win a fair amount of knock downs.

Anyhow, a fun night at the park; the boy had a blast, sun was out, and a good result. Hopefully it was a worthwhile run for the Sunderland guys...honestly didn't look that much into it, as I thought they would really pick-up the tempo after the opening tally, but it never really materialized.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The front runner is Joey georkson(spelling?) He seems to be getting more and more minutes. He never stops running like you said and creates alot of chances for himself. his finishing is a bit suspect but I think he could be the forward of the future for the caps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seemed he was causing their fullbacks fits. I suppose if your going to play a high caliber team like this, that surely is used to being able to play a strong possession game, it makes sense to put a spaz like that kid up front. He and sausage really complemented each other.

Like I said, entertaining match.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was BC's starting lineup

Cory Breure

Darko Jelic Rob Venhoff Steve Millar Paul Vandenboomen

Joseph Marrello Kevin Mennie
Tiernan King Will Moore
Kevin Hearn

Joe Scigliano

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
darkmeat said:
This was BC's starting lineup

Cory Breure

Darko Jelic Rob Venhoff Steve Millar Paul Vandenboomen

Joseph Marrello Kevin Mennie
Tiernan King Will Moore
Kevin Hearn

Joe Scigliano

Nice to see Joe get the nod here...

He didnt start in Columbus' playoff game...leading scorer in the league, and he gets snubbed by the coach.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0