Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey Metro Soccer Association - Discrimination

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're seen as outsiders in their clubs. When it comes to coaching appointment time, there is unfairness, and there's no checks and balances," said certified soccer coach Sukhi Sandhu, whose children play in the Surrey soccer league.

Was this not the same guy that was given a Metro team, after he kept on accusing the whole soccer system of racism. I have been involved in soccer in Bc for 16 years now and if i don't like what i see i get involved and elected on committees, then i can try to change what in my opinion needs changing. Maybe i should of taken the easy route and just go to the papers or courts and cry foul play.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just look at WB's signature...makes sense. :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, I know nothing at all of the issue, but it does look like typical parent meddling in Amateur Youth Sports, and the tune is exactly the same whether it is Soccer, Football, Hockey, Lacrosse, or Little League Baseball.

There are to many "has-beens" and "never-weres" that have children and go on telling the world that they could have made it....except...They didn't go to a tryout because their Girlfriend wouldn't allow it, or the parents broke up, or they tore a muscle, or they broke a bone, and while some times that may have had something to do with it... most times it is bullshit, and they are living vicariously, to their kids disadvantage, through said children.

Looking back at all the guys I ever knew or played with in any sport, that actually did "make it"....none of them had their dad as a coach, or had a dad that pushed them too far. Everyone of them did it because THEY wanted it bad enough to make the sacrifices, and in every case, the guys that did make it were never the most talented in the elite, they were the most committed of the elite.

Also watch for the folks that build themselves into an ivory tower and then fight like crazy to hold the power...That is the worst of it all, the ones who are their for the power, and lose the spirit of giving back to the community by volunteering their free time, which was probably what got them there in the first place.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
why is it that this country tolerates every complaint? We have every race in Canada, there are going to be indiferences due to numbers alone! We don't have to call discrimination every time to obtain something, vote for f. sakes. Our diversity should be something to be proud of, not take advantage of.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0