Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Takin The Piss- Whalley Soccer Club opens office @ NAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't compare metro results to BCPL results. Very different leagues. Can't compare results of Thanksgiving tournaments to BCPL results either. I don't mean to suggest the coaches you are referring to aren't good coaches and aren't hard-working. But you can't say "they are winning so they are good." Surrey teams at the metro level, by virtue of population and registration alone, will have an advantage over most every team. It's like comparing USA to Canada soccer. They have way more participants....

The true measure of how good those coaches you are referencing are is if their players go and tryout for BCPL teams and their players take the spots from incumbent BCPL players.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The true measure of how good those coaches you are referencing are is if their players go and tryout for BCPL teams and their players take the spots from incumbent BCPL players.

Bang on.

The obvious problem is that coaches don't always want to let their players go, and neither do clubs. In this case, the club would be losing the player(s) to another club, possibly accross town.

I would hope that CCBFC coaches and the club itself are in fact encouraging their better players to go and try-out at the various BCPL clubs around town, if that is the player's desire. Untill the day CCBFC has a BCPL fanchise of their own, this is the correct and most ethical policy accross the board.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not assuming CCB/SFC are discouraging their players to move on, just to be clear. They might be encouraging the players.

Theoretically, if CCB/SFC (or any club) lose players to a BCPL franchise they'd get a player back in return as most kids are just going tryout for the BCPL team nearest them...most.

A

AMA

Surrey has a huge number of soccer players and if granted BCSPL i,m sure CCBFC would easily be able to form strong teams as they have a huge talent pool . The younger teams coming up from u7 -u13 contain so much talent and they are really developing really well especially as many of these players play during summer and the fall .Many also don,t have the distraction of other sports as soccer is the no 1 sport for the majority of the players and coach,s.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey has a huge number of soccer players and if granted BCSPL i,m sure CCBFC would easily be able to form strong teams as they have a huge talent pool . The younger teams coming up from u7 -u13 contain so much talent and they are really developing really well especially as many of these players play during summer and the fall .Many also don,t have the distraction of other sports as soccer is the no 1 sport for the majority of the players and coach,s.

AMA,

Your posts are so very single minded and you fail to acknowledge that there already exists two franchises in Surrey for BCPL. Why? why won't your club or organization support what exists?

This horse has been beaten to death and needs to go to the glue factory.

It is unfortunate that soccer issues and social issues can't be separated.

HJ

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto!

As per my previous posts and as a Richmond parent, I see the City of Surrey with two BCSPL Franchises as being well served!

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB/SFC should be encouraging their players to join Surrey United or South Fraser to reach top level soccer/exposure - gotta say "DITTO" as well!

Not to suggest the kids flea CCB/SFC pre-u13....they need not. They can also quite easily drive to Abby (20-40 minutes) or Coquitlam (won't guess the time based on bridge traffic!!!).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HJ, I gave you a "like", too. BTW, how are your boys doing, and what level are you guys playing right now? Still "Gold"?

Time for our anual lunch with Rocco. My turn to buy, so Browns or Earls. No Sharkclub. Too played out.

I have to say, I like some of the things I'm seeing on the field from CCFB, coaching wise, at NAP these days (and CAP, when we are there). No shortage of technical staff to give us good pointers, which is always welcome.

AMA...just keep doing the things you guys are doing on the pitch and in the front office to allow the coaches to coach, and players to play. Forget about this site, and slagging other good clubs- take the high road, and maybe even emulate some of the things those clubs are doing well. I think a lot of the posts here paints you guys w/ a poor picture that you don't deserve. Encourage your better players to go try out at BCPL teams. If they make it, that is only a credit to CCFB coaching, plus it opens up an opportunity for some other kids to play another level higher.

In time, if the BCPL expands, and CCFB continues to produce, I'm sure the club will be under strong consideration for a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0