Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Taxed to Death.

How do you feel about the new gas tax?(a CFOX poll)

• I Super Premium hate it.:mad::mad:

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I Premium hate it.:mad:

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I Regular hate it.:(

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Fill'er up. It needs to be done.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I use Propane.:D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use Diesel.:)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congestion charges are already in place in Durham and many other city councils are looking at the tax. It's just a question of time before Vancouver gets it especially if you get the bloody Olympics. You mark my words.

Federal Transport Minister David Collenette raised the spectre of downtown congestion tolls Tuesday

Clairvoyant.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well tomorrow is the big day. I managed to fill up yesterday at the bargain basement price of 77.5 cents. I was going to wait until today, but it's a good thing I didn't. I saw this morning that prices were at 84.9. Do you think the gas companies knew people wopuld be topping up today to avoid the price jump tomorrow? Do you think? We'll never see the 70's again.(gas prices, not the decade.:rolleyes: )

Now I hear that because of the cold snowy winter back east, BC Gas is considering jacking their prices up 45%. Brutal.:mad:

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not up 3.5 but 3.7 or so

Just an intresting fact so you dont think that the gas companies are taking more money but the goverment is... is that the 3.5 cents the goverment imposed is also taxed by the fed govenment making it more then 3.5

oilers27

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup... GST is charged on the full pump price, gasoline taxes included. Its a tax on tax.

With the recent gas tax hike, fuel taxes in the greater Vancouver area are the highest in the country. I believe reading somewhere that BC's HWY 1 won the worst highway contest in Canada. Well I suppose as gasoline taxes continue to advance our govt's committment to ACTUAL roadway & hwy spending is in retreat. Where does this money go is what I want to know?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy to bike.

I noticed that myself. Yesterday: 84.9. This Morning: 88.9.

Fcuking bullsh!t. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0