Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Technical Talk

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I hope you don't mind but I think there may be a place for such a thread as many of us are coaches and students of the game. It would be interesting to get some thoughts from some of us amateurs as to the technical aspects of the game.

I understand that Manchester United has been experimenting with a 4-3-2-1 formation on the their latest tour. I personally like this formation. I think sometimes we get to technical as players adapt to what's presented to them on the field but if you have certain types of players, formations like this one can really have it's effects.

The midfield would consist of a center mid, left mid, and right mid. Then there would be two players in front of the midfield who I imagine would have free reign offensively from either side of the field supporting the central lone target man up front. It could definitely cause some confusion as the defense would have to be alert enough to continually be passing players off. Of course you need certain players to play such a system. If the opposing team plays a typical 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, and have a dominant player in the midfield, then one of the two roaming midfielders in the 4-3-2-1 system is going to have to fall back into a regular midfield position.

Obviously there are a lot of variables here but I will be honest and say that I have never given a 4-3-2-1 system much thought but am curious to try it with the team I coach. At the very least, it will confuse the other team, maybe mine as well.

Any thoughts? Would this system fit the style of your own club team?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Interesting concept. I think it would work well with (what I feel) the lack of true strikers in the the Lower Mainland. It would also eliminate the dreadful long ball game that so many teams play. This will although put alot more pressure on the midfield, especially if those who play the mid/striker position are not so keen on coming back and playing defence.

BTW. It's good to see that TTP is expanding it's topics, instead of just the usuall (you suck and my team is better than yours stuff).

Subter,.. (or whatever your irish ass calls itself this week):p

I have to agree with the unlimited subs rule with the exception of the premier div. This would allow the non starters (like myself) to get some game time so when there is an injury/someone missing and I need to fillin for someone, I won't be totally lost (like I usually am).

Biteme....signing off

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the name of that tune by Ratt in the 80's?

BTW. It's good to see that TTP is expanding it's topics, instead of just the usuall (you suck and my team is better than yours stuff).

And now we're back full circle :D

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew it!!

That's why he was so interested in the black guy on Survivor Africa....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0