Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TELUS League 2007

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a spirited contest, AC Metro(Trece Verde) played Mobility(Bonefish) to a 3-3 tie. You could say that Mobility and their 11 player side featuring butterfingers, I mean Bonefish, in net, stole this one. The tying goal came in the last few minutes of the game. You could also say that the goal was destined given the history of last minute pride shattering comebacks by the Wireless kids. La vez proxima, mi amigo!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's really ironic that Bonefish plays on a team called "Mobility".

Not what I would have thunk. ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league was started almost 20 yrs ago and was developed to be an intercompany league. All the teams have BCTEL\TELUS ties but some are made up former employees and parts of their other teams. At one point there were 10-12 teams but for the last 5yrs there have been only 6. The level of competition is "easy going" as there is a mix of players in both age and skill. With that said I am not sure if there is a desire for expansion at this point and it would be an agenda item for the following season. There is your history lesson for the day.... :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, Boneyfish & Co. (with Tony the Tank from Inter up front) stole the point from us. Too bad really, because SCP could have caught that one if the Tank hadn't run over him and reversed a couple of minutes earlier.:rolleyes:

Butterfingers didn't really look too bad in goal, as there was really only one of ours that he was caught waving at as it went past him. Demonspawn #2 complimented him appropriately after the game, too.

Hector, you can't get a team into this league unless it has some Telus affiliation, or you can bolster another team already in it (kind of like MF Ajax has done). Don't want to know about any munting expeditions here; they don't like that kind of thing in Burnaby.

I think the most "easy going" component of the League is the officiating (if you can call it that when the legend that is Hollywood is the man in the middle).

Until next Monday...

Trece

ps - "proxima vez, no vez proxima..."

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did shag a bird that worked at Telus would that get me on a team? or just more people taking the piss out of me???

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was shite faced and so was she. in fact I do remember here sister had sore tits from having a boob job two days earlier. ****ing good night at Roosters.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you offer to kiss them better?:D

You realize that after an admission like that you won't be allowed to play on the church team anymore?:rolleyes:

Tomorrow's fixtures:

Maplewood v Mobility
Seymour v AC Metro
Sales v Wayburne

Bonefish, any idea how the other 2 games went last week?

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that we can safely declare this a "no munting zone."

After all, there are some things that the decent folk of Burnaby just won't put up with...:rolleyes::D

AC Metro 4 Seymour 1. Seymour's first keeper was chased from the net after being worn out from the number of balls he had to chase down for goal kicks. If our forwards could shoot straight, they'd really be dangerous. Two off the crossbar also didn't raise the tally.

Second half had more accurate finishing, but still a lot of squandered chances. Once again, SCP ended up on the wrong side of a collision with one of their forwards. If this keeps up, Mrs. SCP may not let him come out any more...:rolleyes:

No idea how Bonefish and Mobility ended up, but Wayburne (aka MF Ajax) took the field after us short a player against Sales in their not-so-slimming new black kit (yes, SirM, the royalty cheque is in the mail...). No score apparent in this one by the time our beer ran out, no thanks to our rookie beerman (Memo to team management: make sure that a veteran player brings the beer next time; a 15 pack just doesn't go far with 14 thirsty players...), so we all headed for places to watch the Canuckleheads that still had hop-based beverages.

Trece

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maplewood(12players) 4
Mobility(8players) 1

4 phonecalls in the latter part of the day from people "who could not make it" spelled our doom in this game. The score stayed close until middle of the 2nd half when I sailed on over the bar on a clear break and then Maplewood storms back on the goal kick to score an offside goal to make it 3-1. If we had 11 players I really think we would have won this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0