Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Terry Dunfield

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like he has priorities done set right. In this mornings daily rag:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I'd like to be smoking a Cuban on some hot Caribbean island...

Well said Terry, well said. You should be a TTP spokesperson :D

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
More from Dunfield

Dunfield has promise to keep

Stuart Hunter
The Province

Monday, September 17, 2001

Terry Dunfield is driven -- but, he's confident, not to the point of distraction.

The burgeoning soccer star from Vancouver is intent on making his mark this season with the Manchester's other soccer team -- Manchester City -- but what he really wants to talk about is getting his own digs with two other Blues' teammates.

And while he may be just 19, Dunfield knows three young, single and wealthy pro athletes living together could be a recipe for disaster for a less-focussed athlete.

But not for Dunfield.

"I [moved] into my own place on the 17th with a couple of guys on the team -- we have to grow up," Dunfield began via cell phone after a recent game with the City reserves.

"It's so tempting to go out and all the stuff off the field because at 19 you are making a bit of money, driving a car and you've got a place and everything. It's so easy to be distracted with all the bars and clubs and pubs and stuff so you definitely have to stay away from all that kind off stuff."

Dunfield offered a diplomatic "no comment" about media reports from last season calling City a "pub team" as it was relegated from the Premiership to the First Division while playing under the formidable shadow of Manchester United.

Creative midfielder Dunfield is confident that with players like Paolo Wanchope, Shaun Goater, Danny Tiatto and vet Stewart Pearce, City can regain a Premiership spot, which the Point Grey product got a taste of in City's final game last year versus star-laden Chelsea.

"I did have to [pinch himself] when I played against Chelsea. It took a week to sink in that I just played in the Premiership against people like [Gianfranco] Zola, [Marcel] Desailly. And [Frank] LeBoef came on as a sub," said Dunfield, who's been with City since age 15. "It's amazing when you look at the players you are playing against."

City supporters thought so highly of Dunfield they voted him most promising player last season.

Dunfield said he's looking forward to playing under new City manager and former England great Kevin Keegan, who took over from Joe Royle.

"He [Keegan] is totally different from the other guy [Royle], two totally different styles," Dunfield explained. "He [Keegan] is more open and attacking whereas the other guy was more defensive.

"I don't know whether it will be better for me as far as playing [with the first team], I just broke through at the end of last season with the other manager. This year, everyone sort of started off at square one and if he [Keegan] likes what he sees you'll be playing."

With City set to move from Maine Road into the new Commonwealth Games stadium in 2003, the club is keen to get back into the bigger money Premiership.

Dunfield, who captained Canada's under-20 team at the recent FIFA World Youth Championships in Argentina despite a bad knee, said that unlike some Canadian players, City isn't forcing him to choose club over country.

He played in a few friendlies for England due to his parent's lineage but recently quietly committed his international future to Canada amid all the Owen Hargreaves hype.

"It was an unbelievable honour to walk the team onto the field," Dunfield said of the U-20 worlds, where Canada was clearly outclassed going a disappointing 0-3. "It's hard to balance the two but I'm definitely 100 per cent to play for Canada if the chance comes up again."

Dunfield, who was B.C. Soccer Boy of the Year in 1995, was spotted by scout Ted McDougall, who recommended him to former Whitecaps and England great Alan Ball.

He signed a four-year deal with City in 1997 but chose not to discuss his contract status.

He'd prefer to talk about that new flat.

© Copyright 2001 The Province

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is nice to hear from Terry we all wish him well. In my opinion he would be better of to play for Toronto FC or one of the Us sides. Once you are a reseve player at the age of twenty six or seven it is clear that you might not fit in that fold even though you play good creative soccer. Also a place like Portugal would be a place for Terry to rize to higher stage. He plays more that type of soccer than the dirty ditch soccer.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ever happened to him? :confused:

It's a shame he didn't take advantage of his football and money at 19........:( So many birds out there looking for that kind of stuff.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He should come play FVSL premier, thats were guys like Bored played and that constitutes being there. Wasting his time playing div.2.

Almost forgot, Dewdney united sucks.... Very creative and entertaining isn't it, fukcing muppet.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one to notice that Mr. Base is responding to a post made over 7 years ago?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL...yes but to Mr Base this is fresh off the press:D. and 6 days before... the twin towers came down. Mr Base did you know that?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one to notice that Mr. Base is responding to a post made over 7 years ago?

Noticed as well, just felt that by either pointing that out or responding to the post would make him post more, and I wasn't sure if my eyes could take it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do now Terry personaly. It does not matter how long ago it was. He still can play better than half of them pilons on FC Toronto. Shape is the only thing that kept Terry on the lower level. And that was due to young guy going out and doing his own Canadian things.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything to do with any balls you can always check out at the sport stores.Always check ho paid for them. Forget scammers. All the balls have nubers on them. This is a modern time. And any guy with ball has to stand up to but heads. Sham you know that. If you ever deside to do anthing posative. There is thousand that want to bring you down. Only guys with balls have the guts to go forward.That is why Mitchell and the rest up there are failing. They took the balls but forgot to use them. Always look at the guys that foam around the mouth and their nice guys as side kicks and you will get is soon. Does it snow more up there. Sharock is the sighn. Sad case of bad anger managment. And a cross eye bad apple.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything to do with any balls you can always check out at the sport stores.Always check ho paid for them. Forget scammers. All the balls have nubers on them. This is a modern time. And any guy with ball has to stand up to but heads. Sham you know that. If you ever deside to do anthing posative. There is thousand that want to bring you down. Only guys with balls have the guts to go forward.That is why Mitchell and the rest up there are failing. They took the balls but forgot to use them. Always look at the guys that foam around the mouth and their nice guys as side kicks and you will get is soon. Does it snow more up there. Sharock is the sighn. Sad case of bad anger managment. And a cross eye bad apple.

See kids? This is your brain on drugs....

He has absolutely no clue...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About Terry? Not really - information has been sparse about his career and moves. I just googled him on teh intraweb.

About WTF Mr. Baseless is rambling about? Does anybody?

About Shamrock and his sudden fixation with balls? I'm hoping it's just about Club I's internal bickering about who's getting a better game ball...:eek:

My statement was primarily directed at Mr. Baseless and his stream of unconsciousness-styled rambling.

Hope your cold gets better.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I ask you what the Fcuk is he on about:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0