Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Bald Macedonian Referee (Rubin?)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
To put the last few posts into perspective, WAB, he gave out more red cards in three games this season than I did in 7 years in the VMSL. Unless the Premier players are the reason for this........anyway, I will not say anything else until the next time something happens. :D

At least he is consistent. Here is the report from college soccer game: Lethbridge Pronghorns Athletics - Men's Soccer vs Trinity Western University on 9/7/2012 where he flashed 5 yellow and 1 red.

Captain, I'd rather have him as a referee than a lot of guys who are intimidated by some players who think that, for example, bodychecking is something normal in soccer (or some intimidation tactics).

I have seen, just an example, an intentional elbow going straight to the head right in front of (another) head referee and his assistant and no caution at all! Luckily, the player on a "receiving" end of that elbow was aware of what was going on so he avoided being hit. See, if I was in the middle of the park that would be a straight red card although the player avoided being hit. But, for that intention, the player that was clearly going for the head of another player deserves a red card. You may disagree with me but that is how I see it.

So, I watched that Macedonian a few times and obviously the biggest issue with him is how quickly he pulls red and yellow cards. Again, I'd rather see him doing that than seeing somebody getting brutally injured because some other refs are being to nice to some bullies out there. It would be interesting to see some stats on how many players have been injured during his games and how many during the games some other refs controlled.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The great thing about rubin is that he is consistent . He refs every game the same , by the letter of the law. You guys would be surprised how many soccer players here don't know some simple laws of the game. Way too many people with hockey mentality at the local pitches, guys are trying too hard to ' finish their checks....' It's sad to see. And we wonder why football in this country is so behind....it's unfortunate rubin came here of all places. If he went somewhere else in Europe it wouldn't be a problem. I wonder how he'd be in an mls game....and how the North American 'pros' would adapt....

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, absolutely agree. IMO Rubin is a better ref than you Captain. When someone hits you, or pushes you and you dont even have the ball at your feet that is a yellow card. Too many refs let these things go unpunished.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least when he's in the middle you can be assured that he'll protect the good players on the pitch despite the cards coming out quick n often. with anyone else who knows what'll be called.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, absolutely agree. IMO Rubin is a better ref than you Captain. When someone hits you, or pushes you and you dont even have the ball at your feet that is a yellow card. Too many refs let these things go unpunished.

Good point. Rubin is better than me. That is what the thread is all about.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is safe to say the MAJORITY of the people I have spoken to regarding this ref have said the same thing. He goes OVERBOARD and LOVES to be the center of the show. I'm not buying all this 'at least he protects the good players' or 'he follows the Laws of the Game" rubbish. I have witnessed FIVE games in the last year where it was completely out of control in how many cards he gave and there has always been at least one red card.........Of course, these must have been the only five games where this has happened. :rolleyes: Until I see different I have no other view.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard through the grapevine that he was bad AND it was all his fault. Even MF's relegation was his fault. What a jerk!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two reds for us in our Masters B Cup game from you know who. We won 3-2 with 9 men for most of the second half. The trouble is that he is quite accurate with most of his calls. Even the first red was probably justified (keeper fouled attacker in scoring position) but "feel" remains a work in progress. To be fair, he was decent to deal with. Disappointed to lose two guys but thrilled to pull out the result.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0