Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks go into all-star break nicely

What an amazing month for Hockey in Vancouver. TheNob why do keep insisting on slagging Bertuzzi? Did you not read over the New York Times before posting or what "Naslund edged out teammate Todd Bertuzzi" for player of the month. This guy has found his comfort zone he is on fire 2 games away from Canuck record for longest point streak(his 14 game streak longest in the NHL right now). Anyways Cheers to the whole team and keep the great work and we'll make the playoffs.

ifa

Jan 31, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BERTUZZI

THE BIGGEST FCUKIN BABY TO EVER LACE UP SKATES.

I say we trade the big cnut for new skate sharpening machine,he's a fcukin bedwetter.

ifa.

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertuzzi

Ya, thats why he was the one who jumped off the bench and helped Jovo after he got jumped by Parker!!

It takes a real pussy to cost himself 10 games!!

Not a team guy at all

Give your head a shake

Giddy UP

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sillyhockeypunter,

It takes a real team player to get a 10 game suspension? Gee, this didn't let the team down at all, did it? He is stupid and takes dumb penalties at inopportune times. See last year's playoffs.

Just an observation from someone who knows nothing about hockey......

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suspension

I agree that getting a ten game suspension is stupid, but is that worse then seeing your best defencemen get the crap beat out of him by the other teams goon?? I think it shows very good team loyalty when a player stands up for another , 10 game suspension or not,

A physical player is going to take penalties and sometimes they will be stupid but you have to take the good with the bad.

a good canadian kid!!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can not believe we are still talking about Bertuzzi's 10 gamer at the beginning of the season?

Bertuzzi plain and simple is an average NHL'er. He's not great, and he's not the worst player out there.

Here are last years stats:
...................... G G A TP +/- Pm PP
TODD BERTUZZI 79 25 30 55 18- 93 14

If your a Nuck's fan, your praying this guy turns into a great player. I think he will never be a great player, just a good player, when he wants to be! His biggest problem is getting motivated.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They all have Potential

Look at how long it took Nasuland to become, what I think is Super Star status in the NHL.

I can only hope the Nucks can find the money in the future to keep him in Van.

Marcus was traded and then took a few years to develop into what he is now for the Nucks.

Bertuz could be the same, developing into a great power forward in the NHL.

It will be interesting to see if Burke can keep the star players, or will we become like the Oilers, and loss players like Cujo and Weight to the big bucks in the US.

HOS

:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bert & Brian Burke

Bert was an idiot when he took that penalty. He knew the league rules regarding leaving the bench. It wasn't like it was Markus Naslund Parker had jumped, it was Ed Jovonoski! Jovo was handling himself just fine at that point. I admire Bert's heart, but his brain needs work. His 10-gamer really hurt the team for that stretch.

Isn't Brian Burke looking like a genius for signing Naslund and Bertuzzi this past summer? Talk about foresight...

Dude-whodoesn'treallycareforburkebutisgivingprops

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bert

(the Bertuzzi suspension)How long ago was that, lets keep up to date boys. Bertuzzi has the longest streak in the league right now(17 pts in 14 games)and is on top of his game. Every player takes a penalty here and there that doesn't mean they suck or are stupid players,WTF?He will keep up the streak with a goal and an assist tonight as Naslund will have a 3 point night to take the NHL lead in points. The final score Canucks 5-2 Coyotes.

L=Cwhoisconfidentinhiscanuckstomoveinto7thplacetonight.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chopped=Liver

I think Bertuzzi is brilliant (more than most people), however that 10 game suspension he took was daft and offside!!! the reason the Canucks are on top of their game right now is because he along with Nazzy and all other forwards are contributing!!! the blueline is chipping in and the goaltending is consistant...
that said, lets get on with what is happening now and leave the suspension in the past!!! :rolleyes: Go Canucks Go!!!

Guinnesspredictingabigwintonight:D ;) :p

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard that Canucks game wont be on tv till 8 pm or so due to the Detroit and Colorado game at 5. The game will follow immediately.. What a bunch of fcuking hores shite. Who the fcuk cares about that game??? They should cut that game at 7:00 for people in the pacific region. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude?

Did you see the whole Parker/Jovo thing? When one of your best players is jumped by a goon I guess you should just sit and watch.

Give your head a shake......

and why dont you like Burke?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case anyone was wondering . . .

Longest Canuck unbeaten streak:
10 games (March 5 to 25, 1977: 5 wins, 5 ties)
9 games (March 17 to April 4, 1982: 6 wins, 3 ties)
9 games (December 12, 1991 to January 3, 1992: 5 wins, 4 ties)
9 games (December 18, 1992 to January 6, 1993: 8 wins, 1 tie)
7 games (several times)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh?

Sillyrabbit,

The more I read your posts, the more I'm becoming convinced you are actually Mr. Bertuzzi himself...or at least as dumb as him.

First off, jumping off the bench was stupid. Like I said, I admire the guy's heart, but he was stupid nonetheless. I saw the whole thing. Yes, Jovo got jumped, but he was in the process of handling himself JUST FINE! Also, in case you forgot, YOU said:
I agree that getting a ten game suspension is stupid
Like I said, it wasn't like this was Cassels or Naslund getting jumped...or heaven forbid, a Sedin sister.

Second, I wrote:
Isn't Brian Burke looking like a genius for signing Naslund and Bertuzzi this past summer? Talk about foresight...

What part of that quote makes you think I don't like Burke?

While I'm giving my head a shake, you may want to knock some sense into yours.

Sillyrabbit...:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on Topic!!!

Canucks come out slow after the Allstar break and go down 1-0 after the fist period... in the 2nd the line of Hlavac/Cassels/Linden go to work... they we good on the forcheck and turned the puck over well... and the Cooke/Latowski/Chubarov line showed lots of energy!!! after the 1st goal Skudra improved with some good saves and the Canucks (with hard work) eventually took it to the Dawgs from the Desert... not a pretty offensive game, but effective nonetheless!!! 2 points and Big Bert continue's his scoring streak!!!:D next up; a Friday/Saturday double header against the Flamers;)GO CANUCKS GO

Guinnesslikesthewinningwaysofthenuckers!!!:cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions that have come to fruition?

There are many interesting posts during the fallout of the Linden deal. Here's a few excerpts:

Captain Shamrock:
"Trever'whohasalwaysbeenashittyplayer'Linden is coming back to Vancouver for a first round draft pick next year. Talk about taking a giant stride backwards"

Regs:
"I do think that his addition to the team will have a positive effect."

5BigToes:
"He will be good in the leadership role and I think the nucks are going to make the playoffs."

Ref Beater:
"burke needs to be fired and soon b4 he ruins a somewhat good team.. "

Guinness:
"in all honesty Linden is a good acquisition and will help the young unexperienced Canucks reach the post season for the second straight year"

. . . and my favourite . . .

Mr. Coppertone:
"The fact is that burke is not going to get another goalie because he dosn't want to look like he was wrong with Clouthier. . . . Burke is a jackass and he is going to stick to Clouthier for the rest of the season."

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden opportnity

Maybe you should do a poll to find out what one is more appealing to the slobbering masses??

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

You have to excuse Mr. Buckfast, he has nae clue about Hockey he is from Glesga ya see...:rolleyes:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction wasn't far off

Besides the slow first period the Canucks played another awesome game. All you have to do is believe and they will bring home the 2 points!Big Bert still on fire with 15th consecetive game with at least 1 point, Naslund having the best season ever, and the Canucks have sole posession of 7th place just like I said they would. BTW the Cassels trade rumours are just rumours confirmed by Nonis in todays Province.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0