Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is Gelinas worth

I dont think Burke would have to give up much for Gelinas....
A roll of Tape maybe??

If the Leafs can get Barasso for a 4th rounder, the nucks can get Gelinas for nothin'

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure that if something comes up with a team that is out of it and is looking for a good prospect, Schaefer will be the guy going. Both Burke and Crawford don't like guys that rock the boat, (see Routuu staying late at the Olympics)........

Gelinas, well he might be a stop gap but I think he makes too much coin right now in his career for what he brings:(

I also read here why don't the Nucks shell out some more cash and get some players.......well to be honest for the first time I am starting to believe the Burke hype about our possible loss of hockey in Canada! Basically even if we sell out every game (which is where most of the revenue comes from for teams) we still are way behind any team in the States.........reason being our buck! 18,000 fans a night is the equivalent of 11,500 in an American rink:( Simple analogy but one that hit home with me.

Cheers,

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No money

Then why hire a panel of 12 top executives to try to get a finacial plan in order,I agree our dollar is the shits but it's been like this for a long time now and spending money elsewhere than upgrading the team is downright stupid at this point.Still think Burke is a thin skinned bastard who cant take any criticism,maybe he should take a pay cut to help boost some more money into the team?How do you think he would react to that?

Whats Gelinas making right now?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gelinas

1.1 mill
The problem is he plays left wing, and Klatt and Canucks problems are on the right side.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grant Marshall

What about marshall?

right wing, hard working...doesn't mind to drop em'

in and around 1 mill

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trades

I really don't think theres anyone out there that's really fitting the bill.Ruutu is a gritty in your face kind a guy thats filling in quite nicely for Klatt,but he can't play with the sisters.Chubbie is also stepping it up so why bring in someone that's in the same category of these 2.Save the money for some off season free agent signings.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 4 Thrashers 2

Another important win!!! Now a massive final 3 games of the trip (in New York) which the Canucks need 4 points to keep pace with the Stars, Blues, Coyotes and Kings... Fcuking Leafs couldn't finish off Dallas last night so we are still 2 points out!!!:mad:
of they're remaining 13 games the Nucks play six 4 point games: Home L.A. (2), Phoenix and Edmonton Away L.A. and Calgary... still lots to play for!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HUUUUGE extra point in OT win

Canucks 3 Devils 2 (OT)
A massive extra point was gained by the Canucks in New Jersey!!!
Quoting www.tsn.ca:
"Defenseman Mattias Ohlund scored 3:04 into overtime off a spectacular feed from Todd Bertuzzi after setting up the tying tally as the Canucks rallied for their fourth straight win, 3-2 over the Devils".
Now they are in a 3-way tie with St.Louis and Dallas for the final 2 playoff spots... next up are the two remaining games in New York vs the Rangers and Islanders... this is getting exciting!!!

BTW, Jimmy Skudra played well in the win!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually staggered to a bar after our game v. Croatia (which was eerily similar to the state in which I left the bar) and saw a great comeback by Vancouver. Pints of Kilkenny on special. How could I say no?

Bertuzzi's feed in OT was a thing of beauty, came on the PP after Kamensky received a highly dodgy goaltender interference call on Skudra. I don't recall who blocked Colin White's point shot but it led to the 2-on-1, which was convered by Matty O to give the Canucks two crucial points.

The other hero was Linden who had an excellent deflection goal with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd period to tie up the game at two.

I still don't think they have a chance in hell to make the playoffs, but its nice to see them trying so damn hard anyways. At least beat out Edmonton and Calgary for 9th spot.

-Sensei.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks vs. Devils

Apparently last night's game was a good one to watch- playoff like intensity they say.

I'd say there is a snowball's chance they'll make the playoffs, but it will be very tough, no matter which way you cut it. Consider this: when the road trip began, they were 4 points out of a playoff spot. After winning 4 straight to gain 8 points, they are only tied in points for 8th, but sitting in 9th on the tie-break. Add to the fact that the teams immediately in front all have 2 games in hand...fcuk! They just have to keep winning!

At least they have their mojo back!

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks will make it

When they finish this road trip with a perfect 6-0 record you will all change your minds and join the wagon again. I nominate Bertuzzi for most valuable Canuck of the year.

P.S Canucks 5-2 Rangers

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
updates

Can someone please keep me updated on the score??

i'matworkandhavenomeansoflisteningorwatchingthegame:( :(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refbeater

Tell your cheap cnut boss to buy you a radio! For fcuk sakes, I remember you had to pull the same thing for the Canada - Czech game!

(No score, 4 minutes in)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanx Dude. We have 1 but the cnut dont like hockey so he listens to classical bullshite:mad: :mad: . Thats what you get for working for an Oriental CNUT

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pavel Bure looks good on a line with Fleury and Lindros...as Much as I hate them I am cheering for the Nucks to win as the Rangers are trying to Catch the Mighty HABS for the 8th spot.

go canucks go........ :rolleyes:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier lookin' good early

1st intermission update for ya beater, Bure was robbed blind a few times in the first by Cloutier. It seems to be a pretty even game so far still no score.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bure

Pavel Bure looks good on a line with Fleury and Lindros

As the great Larscheid said,he should play between McCarthy and Barnaby because they've been the best Rangers over the last little while:confused:

And know he's scored to put the stinking Rangers up by 1.Bastard:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0