Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC vs GEU

NUKES! Is this game on tonight or what? It is a shocker out their and drinking pints in an environementally controlled pub would be a much better option my opinion.:cool:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley/GEU

The game tonight is called off. I just went and had a look at it and 95% is in great shape, and 5% is unplayable. Some question as to whether it is closed as all turf fields in Langley are closed, meaning real turf. It is supposed to rain through the day and there really is no place for the water to go. Everything around the park is flooded and the field is pretty close to the level of the water table. Millsy please do your best to get the word out, I just left a message at Coach's house with his wife and she was going to get it to him ASAP.
MOTW-how about Foosball somewhere?
What games are still on?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW

New MOTW,
Boat Races at the Mission Springs between GEU and whatever other team shows up.

:D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets go Lions lets go, lets go Lions lets go, lets go.............................................yeah, Lions.
:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:
If this game goes I will be rooting for the kid with the upturned collar!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider or Lion,

Any word on the game out at Mackie tonight, and whether the field will be open?

If the game is on do you guys have access to the closet so we can get our gear on.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a fcucking joke!!, Not real happy the national finals for the u-16's got played on turf. Same as the BC high school final. Soon there will be no grass fields to play on. Are there no tradionalists out there who believe those high profile games should be played on grass??

Newton Athletic Turf closed due to rain last night. why??

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you made the same point three times in three different posts. I would hate to be your wife in a little tiff around the kitchen table.:D Do you think that some of this might have something to do with the summer we had and the compaction of the ground, and the record levels of rain? Driving home last night I saw flooding in places that I have never seen before. More laps for Dude than anybody else, maybe Nukes too because he is never on time, come Tuesday.

Millsy, as far as the Grove issue, I guess a rule is a rule and they have to be abided by until changed, though you make a good point about POCO getting the points. We had a very frustrating situation earlier this year involving Slaner and lost him for an extra game because of an oversight in regards to a new rule.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#4: Bad Drainage

You have been thinking about that one for how long? Weak sauce LFC...weak sauce. Go back to your editing department.:(

Flooding everywhere, yes. On the fields, in the ditches, overflowing onto roads. I get it. HOWEVER...the new turf field was recently built, with fresh sand and, allegedly, hundreds of feet of artificial drainage. You know, PVC pipes?:rolleyes:

I know you used to plant trees, and know a lot about dirt, and soil, and mud...but our new field is ARTIFICIAL. Jeeze...you would think you would have discovered this when you tried planting that poor near-dead sapling next to the painted end line.

Now, your point about the field being down near the water level is somewhat valid...with the exception to the fact being the three lower level fields didn't have half of the water accumulation as our fancy dancy new turf. That's right: fancy dancy.

Like it matters...I was to sit tonight anyhow (yellows...bad Dude). I was just hoping to escape another evening of dealing with a sick wife and mini Dudettes poopy diapers.

That's all.

Oh yes...just for you: KNVB's a Cnut.

;)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ranger effect

Guinness
Locked changerooms, locked field and no phone call...
One little note, did ya see the Rangers there last night. When we don't practice, the facility shuts down. :rolleyes:

Ranger domination

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just went by Mackie turf. There is no flooding and the drainage seems to be working. But..... there is some 2 feet by 2 feet burn mark at the centre circle. This is the second time it has happened. I guess some skids of kids sit there and try to put the thing on fire. maybe even try to get high of the fumes.
So yah,, the black burnt part is hard as a rock and i don't think it would be the safest part to play on. Don't think the cleats would get any grip there, just slip on it. ( kind of like dry burnt rubber )

I still want to play tonight, it might not be mackie though.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: #4: Bad Drainage

Originally posted by Dude
[
Jeeze...you would think you would have discovered this when you tried planting that poor near-dead sapling next to the painted end line.

Dude, are you referring to when I put you in against the Lions with a four goal cushion? Had to find a place where you wouldn't get in the way.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch!!! Little Dude...Snuffy, helmut envy boy, how are you going to deal with that one! LFC2, that was just outright mean. However I do remember that dead sapling that shat the bed on the goal line against GN. All he had to do was let it hit him.....that is the same damn sapling isn't it???

If our game is indeed cancelled because we had illegal water on the field, does GEU automatically get the 3 points???:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know...going back to MY editing department to get some suggestions.

I need to tread carefully here...LFC is a man of power.

As for the Snuff, I though I was off the hook when Utah should have imitated a dead sappling last week against Poco, instead of imitading Mike Vanderjack. He was, literally, on the goal line. I think that ball is still going up.

Besides, I was top of the 18, boy-who's-parents-hated-him-so-much-they-cut-him-up. Or, at least the 16. Ok maybe 14. :rolleyes:

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAP Closed

To Guiness and all the others.

"Locked changerooms, locked field and no phone call..."

Surrey Parks deemed the allweather pitches unsafe due to the massive rainfall and shut down the lights at Newton. The computer in California shut the turf lights as well.

As to the Changerooms PAU is so imortant that we all were clamoring to go out last night just so Guiness had another bench to sit on in the changerooms.

As to no phonecall since we pay for the maintenance and operation of the changeroom (and someone to pick up Guiness' diaper and crying towels)it would be PAU's responsibility to call and ask if they would be open as Rangerforever and Stevie Mac did last night. We were busy alling the 100 teams in our Club that actually count.

As to the comment re the U16 Nationals, get used to it boys!!! Surrey Council spent the money on the fields to draw National and Provincial games not provide a pitch for PAU.

NTG
:(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NTG

Not asking for much, just someone let us know before we all show up... :( Although, us un-important Surrey Tax payers at PAU wouldn't want to put anyone out of their hectec schedule...:rolleyes:

BTW, someone mis-informed you of the lights being out... Someone, some where payed for Newton Athletic to be lit up like a Christmas tree, so a few worms could find their way around the gravel...:eek:

Enidweneverreallykneweachotheranyway.:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0