Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabulus

Nov 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yellow cards come yellow cards go, red cards are a shock but red cards need to go, i have received many cards and i've loved every one in my very productive life of soccer,i cant get enough of this crazy world, r.i.p brother ranale naidu #5 see you in the world cup of heaven, fiji 2 canada 1

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're kidding, right?

Far be it for me to speak for management, but are you fcuking kidding me Millsy? What's OUR excuse? How many home games have you guys had to postpone this season now? You guys sit atop the Premier division, but are the undisputed #1 joke of the league...a Premier team that has no home, and is reduced to offering up a gravel pitch for home games. Give me a "J", give me an "O", give me a "K"...

The schedule comes out weeks in advance, we get a Friday evening game, and the guys make plans around it with their families. To field a full team on an alternate day at the 12th hour now would be tough. I don't know the politics of Maple Ridge, but I did live out there for a while, and I seem to remember a hell of a lot of grass. Seems a lot of that grass has posts and sidelines. You guys have been canceling on sunny weekends for how long now? Couldn't you have planned in advance, i.e.: ask the league if Bear Creek Park is available? Couldn't you have switched to a more favorable venue for weekend day games back in, oh, this time last year when you were going through the same bullshit? Who fcuking runs that operation? Get some yellow pinnies for a second kit, and you'll almost be up to Aldergrove's standards.

"E".
:rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: You're kidding, right?

Dude said:
Far be it for me to speak for management, but are you fcuking kidding me Millsy? What's OUR excuse? How many home games have you guys had to postpone this season now? You guys sit atop the Premier division, but are the undisputed #1 joke of the league...a Premier team that has no home, and is reduced to offering up a gravel pitch for home games. Give me a "J", give me an "O", give me a "K"...

The schedule comes out weeks in advance, we get a Friday evening game, and the guys make plans around it with their families. To field a full team on an alternate day at the 12th hour now would be tough. I don't know the politics of Maple Ridge, but I did live out there for a while, and I seem to remember a hell of a lot of grass. Seems a lot of that grass has posts and sidelines. You guys have been canceling on sunny weekends for how long now? Couldn't you have planned in advance, i.e.: ask the league if Bear Creek Park is available? Couldn't you have switched to a more favorable venue for weekend day games back in, oh, this time last year when you were going through the same bullshit? Who fcuking runs that operation? Get some yellow pinnies for a second kit, and you'll almost be up to Aldergrove's standards.

"E".
:rolleyes:

Could not have said it any better. Give your management a call Millsy, get the facts, and then beak if you see fit. Simply having a look at the weather forecast and the history of your swamp, me thinks this could have been dealt with some time ago, not on Thursday afternoon at 5:00, on my initiative, not GEU's. I have a fair amount of respect for you as a player and what you have to say on here, not in regards to this however. We have a number of guys who through family commitments and work, can not turn their lives on a dime. This is a huge game for both of us, lets play it with the proper notice and focus. Asking us to come with a depleted squad on no notice is unacceptable, unless you are starting to worry from your lofty perch and you may actually let one or two by for a change.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can totally agree with LFC2 when he says "This is a huge game for both of us, lets play it with the proper notice and focus." I totally agree 100%... And DUDES " your the #1 undisputed joke in the league," wtf is that, do you actually think that we wanna play on a gravel field on the weekends or that we wanna drive all the way out to cloverdale for a home game??? Why do you think we wanna move our team to mission?? you don't think we know our clubs a joke, the president of geu even told us to leave we've bitched so much. I'll even quote him saying " if you dont like it leave" and im hoping that we do!

younguy

Nov 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
Just curious what's Langley's excuse for not playing Saturday or Sunday? :mad:

i don't know what this millsy is complaining about anyway. Langleys been on a role as of late and he should thrilled not to have to play us this weekend. In fact he should thank that lucky horseshoe of his that been permanently lodged up his "Millsyesque" ass...which others refer to as skill...and im not saying it isn't ;) , but hey, what do i know. after all, i'm just a young guy. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascadia,

You should know, that comment is in no way reflective of my opinion of you guys as players. When one considers what you've all had to deal with politically, being forced to practice on a pothole ridden & muddy baseball diamond, and having your home games ripped from you, it really is quite an accomplishment what you guys have done this year. Here's the problem: besides the fact that we are pissed we're not playing tonight (now the wife is all excited and wants to take a drive through Stanley Park...I'll get you bastards for this), the season is coming to a close, and you have a bunch to make up. I'm hoping the league now takes control of the situation, and asks your oponents to supply the fields for you.

Millsy's comment: well, a pure head-shaker. Really...sort out your own house before you start throwing stones.

Two GEU guys and a horse walk into a bar... ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy,

If this was a piss-take, then you have mass produced some wind-up toys. HA HA HA HA HA

:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

If not, then... well, at least you know how to push Langley's buttons.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey you Langley boys, piper down. Be nice to Millsy, we don't want him pissed off when we play him. I was certainly in favour of playing this Saturday at our home park if they were OK with that. A little bit selfishly perhaps but oh well. For putting up wth the crap that GEU has this year and pulling off a nearly unbeaten season, you can't ask for much better. You guys might want to stay there next year, out of chaos comes order, as they say! Dude, you gotta chill oh helmutless one. Take a nice scenic drive around Stanley park, watch the sunset, and then stop by the PoCo game and tell me how it ended up.
Cheers

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Millsy,

If this was a piss-take, then you have mass produced some wind-up toys. HA HA HA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Isn't there something in the league constitution that says if your home field is not available you can be asked to go to the opposing teams pitch. I thought you guys would be all over that. As far as the whine about your guys having "family" commitments I tried that one at Christmas remember when you guys rescheduled your home game against us :( . If anyone should think before they post you Langley lads might want to take a look in the mirror! :D :D :D :D :D .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We rescheduled with something like a months or two notice, and you moaned because you were going to miss an office party.

Little different: one month, vs. two days.

Better watch your step, Millsy...I may just start telling Tim he made a very Waggyesque save, instead of Millsyesque. You don't want that now, do you? :eek:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
We rescheduled with something like a months or two notice, and you moaned because you were going to miss an office party.

Little different: one month, vs. two days.

Better watch your step, Millsy...I may just start telling Tim he made a very Waggyesque save, instead of Millsyesque. You don't want that now, do you? :eek:
then we will start calling own goals one of the following:
- a "Dude"
- a "Snuf"
:D

What a cracker!!!!! Still one of the best finishes of all time.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
LFC2 and Dude,

I patiently await your timely retort to the above comment! Touche!

Love Millsyesque.

Sixfyv, yes, always the chance of a wind up but that's what keeps things entertaining, no? ;) If you look back through the thread this year, it was usually someone's bitch, whine, moan that started a decent debate. Just this week the beast and studs up, and I agree wrong user name to be instilling a ton of confidence in the argument, but nonetheless, started a good debate on the card issue.

Now, Millsiesquion one (sp?), where do we start. First of all, Dude is always in front of a mirror. The only guy I can recall playing with that carries a compact with him next to his cleats in his bag. :D In regards to pulling you away from your xmas piss-up, you had weeks to plan around it or request a change. We changed our home dates in early November I believe. As far as the constitution goes, I do not know for a fact, but the general guideline that I was informed with when we were changing our dates was 7 days notice. My point about your swamp was that I think given the history of it this year, most 5 year olds could have predicted that it would get shut down.

So now the question is how do we get it in. We are available next weekend. Would you guys being young, fit, and full of something or other, want to play twice next weekend, or maybe on a Tuesday evening at 9 on our turf. Just throwing it out there.

Peace and love right back at you, big fella. :cool:

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So taking the advice of the Langley faithful we should reschedule our home game against ND Lions next Friday right now. That way we won't ruffle any feathers with a last minute change in venues! :D

Chilliwack/PAU lads

Is your match still on tonight, lookin' for a place to consume some bevvies tonight.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nukes and other,s that don,t understand why you are carded, for a start the ref"s don't like to card people for the sake off it. If you are screaming at the ref from 5 yards or even 30 yards away as in your case. How do you think the game will end up if we just let you do that, we would have all 22 players and the sidelines just giving us hell. As for the matter of getting a yellow card for a tackle without a warning, that would give a player 4 kicks at you before we send them off. I don't want to open up a new can of worm's but in the law's of the game we don't really have to talk to any player ,the guildlines are in the book and if we really followed them in local league soccer we would end up with 7 players on each side.

:) :) :) have fun on the weekend

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
So taking the advice of the Langley faithful we should reschedule our home game against ND Lions next Friday right now. That way we won't ruffle any feathers with a last minute change in venues! :D

Chilliwack/PAU lads

Is your match still on tonight, lookin' for a place to consume some bevvies tonight.

chilliwack..pau game is on 8.00 in the wack.. millsy come on out and have some bevvies and to dukes .. and maybe coach williams will find you one of those rapids track suits for next year ..

buhnerthinksyoungguyisgoingtogethisfaceslappedbymillsyforhiscomment :wa:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whistle blower said:
Nukes and other,s that don,t understand why you are carded, for a start the ref"s don't like to card people for the sake off it. If you are screaming at the ref from 5 yards or even 30 yards away as in your case. How do you think the game will end up if we just let you do that, we would have all 22 players and the sidelines just giving us hell. As for the matter of getting a yellow card for a tackle without a warning, that would give a player 4 kicks at you before we send them off. I don't want to open up a new can of worm's but in the law's of the game we don't really have to talk to any player ,the guildlines are in the book and if we really followed them in local league soccer we would end up with 7 players on each side.

:) :) :) have fun on the weekend

All good comments, problem is you are an exeption. From my experience you do not give out a ton, and generally have a decent handle on the game by the way you call it from the opening whistle. Same with MR. The ones that I have a bit of a beef with is when a ref loses control of the game by not calling it forcefully enough from the opening whistle and allows the game to reach a point where players frustrations with a couple of bad fouls uncalled or whatever, end up taking it into their own hands and get booked. My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0