Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League (Second Half) 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL's Premier League?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GN Sporting:eek:

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Langley United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey FC Pegasus:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re

Originally posted by Osame bin madden

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Still waiting

Yes, you and GEU are the only ones left this season. I appreciate your patience. Hopefully we won't disappoint you in the last game of the season.

Cheers

Craftyhatescokcytalibancnuts. ;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU / GEU

Just a few comments about the debacle at Albion last night as I get my first time online since the painful experience:

On the night, the better team won. Plain and simple. we didn't show up, while GEU played like the desperate team they were, trying to stay in contention for the title. Credit to them for playing their typical brand of "bang and crash" soccer. I have to say that last nights effort was our worst of the season, by quite a margin. It seemed as though our team wanted the 3 points without having to play the game. That is a recipe for a well deserved loss, especially when playing one of the better teams in the league.
The GEU goal came in the first 15 minutes of the game, and was an uncontested header off of a corner. We all watched, and expected the next guy to do the job. Not typical of our usual standards. I'm confident however, that the boys will use this as a wake-up call, and put a more PAU-like perfomance out next Friday at John Oliver. We felt we got the short end of the stick vs Delta last time we played them there, dominating most of the game only to have a late goal scored against us against the flow. We'll be looking to vindicate ourselves, and put some distance between us and the followers.

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: well done geu

Originally posted by superfoxs

friedbread, nice to hear from you, the lads really miss your positive attitude. how was your night?, did wee mack let you play with her barbies. see ya tonight

yea, and she got this new PULLER doll. its thin on top , has bad teeth and its very fragile. ;) cya tonite, i heard there will be that low fat sour cream you like so much...........

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tight race

Looking at the remaining games it would seem that out of geu, poco, nd, and pau,... Poco has the toughest schedule (geu, gn, wack, pau, and nd) They'll be in tough to win the league. Obviously it's all up for grabs but I predict:
1. Pau
2. Geu
3. N Delta
4. Poco

Next weekend the top 4 all play each other...too bad they're not on a sunday afternoon when it should be. :(

pocoboyscanslagmeiftheywintheleague

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tight race

I wouldnt quite write GN off yet boys, we are only six points back of first place and there are still five games left (peg, poco,geu,wack, pau) and we have beat every one of those teams except for chilliwack, and have not lost to pau or geu. but we will let our soccer do the talking and as i said before should be an exciting finish to the end of the season.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
osama

Just remember to refer to me as Champ!
That's two years in a row sunny jim,including the final against your lot!
Remember Osama,that's champ not momo.

Coach :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Vs. GN (late report)

Friday night at Makie was a hard fought, fairly high paced game. GN definitely showed their experience on the turf, as it seemed we couldn’t figure out the bounces and speed. If it weren’t for Tim Wagner, it would have been 3 or 4-0. The second was an entirely different Langley team, as we decided to simple things up and muck it up more. Cumulatively, we gave them a lot less time on the ball, and pressured them on offense. Both our goals were a result of high pressure, tight marking, and hard work. Their third came after we were given a red, and it was a nice goal, but somewhat against the play. Too bad we couldn’t get that tying goal…

I have to say, GN yaps a little, but they are one of the cleanest teams in the league, and a bunch of good guys. A couple of dirty tackles (both ways), but nothing out of the ordinary. Star #1, was that you in crutches on the line? What happened?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osama...

I believe you owe someone on our team a half sack. We will collect after beating you guys on Friday night, OK?:D

bertrumbelievesgeufiringonallcylindersexceptforinjurytobertrum

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DWMC

yes dude that was me on the sidelines with the crutches, tore my cartiledge and sprained my MCL last week against Delta, im done for the rest of the season, sucks to be watching from the sidelines but what can you do.

any word on what will happen with the Peg-Poco game??

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gut check time

First off, Geu were the best team on the night, and were the deserved winners. It seems we have a habit around this time of year of bed shiitting. On friday some of our players lacked comittment in the tackle, were way to far off thier man, and played like individuals. We didn't train particularly hard over Christmas, or since. At a time when we should be bearring down for the final third, loads of lads seem to have excuses as to why they can't make training. Hockey games, basketball games, wives having a moan, tuff days at work, bla bla bla. Some players think because we have guys that have won this league before, they will pull us through, but winning the league has never been easy. I though we had learned that lesson last year but I guess not. It's time for guys to show there true character, and do the things it takes to put ourselves in the position to get results. I just hope our guys aren't content to be one of the best teams in the valley, instead of the best.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coaching stratigies

great fcuking team talk wee man

you should try these tactics at practice not on TTP:D

sid man

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg vs. Poco summarization

Just would like to comment on some of the past posts on the Peg / Poco game on Friday.

Enrique:
First off, I truly believe that Poco DID NOT dominate that game. Yes you had more chances and opportunities and held the play a bit more, however, the score was only 2-1. This was basically our strategy, to play a more solid defensive game, weather the storm and take the opportunities given to us. In my opinion, after playing Poco numerous times over the last 3 years (still haven't beaten them), they look much better as a team on the grass than the turf.

can:
Yes the refs were on time (7:00), and so were Peg (6:45). And because of the delay, we lost two of our younger players because they couldn't stick around.

Sliver:
Nice comments, but I think we should play the last 19 min., cause those Peg players who did not transfer are working our asses off to get out of last place, I know I am.

coach:
Well said on the SFC organization front about the classless players leaving. Only 1/3 of the season left, go down with the ship. House a Peg player for life.

Skytrain:
3rd option: Absolute BULLSHIT!! You come on here and say that we were happy that the game finished early so we wouldn't lose by more than one goal. What a pile of shite! Even with all the opportunities you guys had, you had trouble scoring and it was anyone's game. And as for Peg declining to play the rest of the game at 11pm cause you could get the lights back on, of course we would decline: Half our team left! Don't make it sound like we were happy with the result.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Peg vs. Poco summarization

Originally posted by housearrest
House a Peg player for life.

Skytrain:
3rd option: Absolute BULLSHIT!!
House, good on ya for trying to right the sinking ship..as for those that left...that is no class.:) :) . By time ya hit div. 3, ya might stop the slide...:p :D :p

As for SLOW TRAIN (aka FAT FERRY ). no one ever said he was smart...:p
Origonally posted by Fat Monkey
SLOWTRAIN(FATFERRY)isana$$clown

:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta/Wack

Game Summary:

Scrambled play early... total mayhem.

Delta scores from a free kick opportunity... center D-man stepped up and put the ball away after a beautiful cross.

'Wack answers back less than 10 minutes later. Cross came through that the keeper should have gotten. Loose ball. Goal.

Even at the half.

Second half... more scrambling... more mayhem. Delta must have had 15 corners in the match.

Classic scene in the game... ref calls a foul at the corner of the 18 yard box, is speaking to the Delta team. While his back is turned, the 'Wack forward moves the ball 8-10 yards closer to the center of the net (laterally). Results in an opportunity to take a dangerous direct shot. Delta keeper is freaking out, Delta coaches are freaking out, ref doesnt notice... pretty funny actually.

Good on ya, 24. :D

Anyway... the goals will come for us. I have faith in our lads up front. On to PAU next week... I can barely sleep I am so excited!!!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
still hung over ......

head hurts. Roxy last night. Too much booze.

Anyhow, it's already been mentioned, but GEU did earn their points friday night. They played with more energy, and wanted it more (or so it looked like). We got outworked, which is quite uncharaceristic of our team. It sucks to drop points, especially at this time of year, and it's made the league really fricken tight :( . But at the end of the day we're still on top, and dictate our own future.

Gotta go take more tylenol :(

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

working our asses off to get out of last place

House,

I'm actually starting to respect you. :confused: Well said.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: stand corrected

Originally posted by coach
Just remember to refer to me as Champ!
That's two years in a row sunny jim,including the final against your lot!
Remember Osama,that's champ not momo.

Good point...... Osame would like nothing more to play you in the final of the pak.Im not sure how the draw is going to go but, I will pray to Allah.]

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Osama will pay up

Originally posted by bertrum
I believe you owe someone on our team a half sack. We will collect after beating you guys on Friday night, OK?:D

Osame will gladly pay up..Who scored the winner? maybe your team should double that.Well done boys, that had to be geu's biggest win ever.If they had lost it would have been another year of almost contending , instead they are in the thick of things.

Ps: considering geu has a win and a tie against poco maybe they would like to spice things up..Maybe a cooler full for next fridays winner?.....let me know;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just would like to comment on some of the past posts on the Peg / Poco game on Friday.

Skytrain:
3rd option: Absolute BULLSHIT!!

You put the line out and you always seem to pull in the young ones.:eek:

House,

Easy there boy. Just a little TTP. :rolleyes: Obviously you were not in the changeroom @ 11pm. The remaining of the game (as suggested by one of your mates) was to have boat races to declare a winner. Was a very disapointing night for both teams and the result should stand as it was a good reflection of the game. Good to see your guys plan of weathering the storm of PoCo worked :eek: If that was your game plan - you should get a new one. Although that being said, you appeared to have a better game this time around against PoCo.:D

Argyle,

Pardon me? Slow maybe, but you calling someone else fat? Now that's funny. Next time you have a brain fart, stick your butt plug in your mouth and perhaps try not to repeat the slags people have made about you. And you call yourself a PoCo guy? Sad, very sad.

Star,

Not good news of the injury, all the best on the recovery.

skytraintostarttrainingthisweekandhopestonowplayinFebruary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts