Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hip

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry if I'm late to the party but I didn't see anything on here about the final performance tonight....I'm not a die hard fan but one word.

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough to watch for sure. Thank god i found step brothers on global to divert the emotion.

Oh shite. This isnt the whitecaps thread.

Just kidding.

Great show. Saved on the pvr Gord. Thank you

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its amazing that Eddie would acknowledge the Hip in such a way, goes to show what a community the musical world really is...Eddie is always a class act!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What didn't?

Don't you think it's about time Justin got to work?

Barf worthy. Sorry. Maybe I don't give a shite about politicians getting endorsed by rockers with their own political agenda. And I know he's used his shows before to drive an agenda, and I actually don't mind that...what I do mind is that I voted for Justin and he's been on an endless vacation of cameo appearances ever since.

Get to work, JT.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still not following how it was a stunt?

You railed on about JT taking vacations but that has zero to do with your assertion of Downie and the band doing something devious.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't. I asserted Trudeau pulled another cheap political cameo appearance. A political stunt. Explain to me how it wasn't? I'm not talking about the band- he took the opportunity to deliver his message, no problem, what I despised was Trudeau taking the opportunity to gain favor in the hearts of Canadians by tying himself to a beloved man in is final appearance. Seriously, it makes me sick.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time will tell if Trudeau actually can spearhead improvement to native living conditions in Canada. Hopefully he can. But more than that, I'd like him to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING! Seriously, tired of this guy and his appearances. It's time for him to get to work.

Honestly, I have no issue with Downie delivering a message close to his heart- he had the biggest stage in the country, all eyes on him, why not. But JT hanging out with the band and getting stoned, come on...you can't tell me you were happy to see him there. Seriously?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No issues with JT being there... he accepted a personal invitation... would feel differently if he actually turned it down...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprised that of the lacklustre applause when Eddie mentioned the band name though.
They never really took off in the US like they did here at home. Always seemed odd to me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I obviously feel differently. JT has been overdoing it in trying to align himself with the average Canadian. From being seen skiing in Whistler, to photo bombing weddings in Tofino, to this. Tired of it. Then the endorsement...and yes, it came off sincere and not orchestrated, but at the same time, if Wayne Gretzky had come out today with such a gushing endorsement, it wouldn't have nearly the amount of miles this one did.

I guess I'm just disappointed so far in his overall non-performance as our PM. He's been doing more politicking and no actual practicing of politics.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the sense that Harper spent less time in public trying to gain favor- yes. Absolutely. I didn't vote for a pin-up model or a band groupie. I voted for a person that I thought could galvanize real change in this country on a number of issues I believe are important. So far...call me disappointed in his progress.

About the only exception I'll make- so far as his politicking- is JTs appearance in the Pride Parade. In that case, I think it was important to clearly show his and his government's support the LGBT community. That was less politicking, and more smart politics.

Otherwise, yeah...please go to work.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0