Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup

Who will win the Pak cup?

• Surrey City Peg

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Aldergrove United

• Poco City United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Townsend Park

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dalglish
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
[you will notice the games in hand that United have in Div.1 Also, I didn't notice your match report on the Storm United match a few weeks ago. Oh right, Storm lost, you seem to only give them reports when they have a favourable result. No disrespect by the way.

If I recall correctly, the Storm beat your guys 2-0 (or 2-1, not sure) earlier in the season. You guys are even in the match-ups, and Poco only two points ahead with both teams 3 games in hand. I hate to break the news to you, but you guys are in a very tough group...probably tougher for United to advance than for Peg.

At least I admitted to being a club cheerleader regarding Peg. Everyone knows the Rangers will advance, and have a better shot than most at going to the finals. I don't think I have ever read you admit you play for Poco United...this post is as close as it gets. Also, when I say "no disrespect", what exactly do you think I mean? Could it mean, perhaps, that I "respect" your team and program? Think about it...

Seriously, good luck. It would be great to see two Div. 1 teams advance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot the other groups...

With all the banter, I forgot to mention all my predictions:

Group A)Townsend Park & GN Sport- Surrey United won't score a goal.
Group B)Surrey City Peg & PoCo City Dominion. PA to be thumped by Poco after being surprised by Peg. Peg to tie Poco.
Group C) PoCo City United & Surrey City Rangers. Going for the upset, cheering on United. Rangers a lock.
Group D) Golden Ears & Alouette United. Going with the odds. Alouette starting to look better. Must be all the nutgrabbbing.

:cool:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: peg?

Originally posted by superfoxs
when did peg become a good team? this is a great time of the year, teams in the middle of the pack forget about the last 16 games, look at past defeats and gain confidence because they "didn't lose that badly" and everybody thinks they are going to win this tournament. remember guys, there is a reason your in 5th or 6th or 7th. anyway, it gives them something to look forward to i guess. peg, be realistic you don't have a hope in hell!!

I hear ya buddy........all of a sudden these average teams are gonna win the cup. " Hey look, we're in 7th now, but we're going all the way in the cup". I guess people like talking out their ass.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude what-year-is-it?

With all the banter, I forgot to mention all my predictions:

Group B)Surrey City Peg & PoCo City Dominion. PA to be thumped by Poco after being surprised by Peg. Peg to tie Poco.

:cool:

sounds like you,ve been living in wonderland for the past year (how is Alice by the way). Predicting that the TOP team in the league won't make it past the first round??? I'd say that's a ballsy statement, but it's more likely due to shear stupidity. who do you play for (let me guess, the all-mighty Peg?)

Sagethinksaliceishot;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

NO WAY the Rangers are an underdog! United, on the other hand, are HUGE underdogs!

I do agree Peg is the underdog in the "Group of Death". What I am saying is that they should be able to pull one win out of the hat. And, since they're from my club, I'll give them my vote of confidence. Not unlike you did for United. Also, just for the fun of it, I'll predict Dominion shits the bed as Pa and Peg advance.

Dude,

What qualifies as an underdog? Perhaps someone at the bottom of league play or a team in a lower division. Rangers would be an underdog. No matter how good a team they are. And you think the ageing Rangers are not going to allow a goal? Rangers are a good team (and very similar to PoCo in many aspects) but Delta is a very fast team and it would be difficult for Rangers to defend against.

Voting against PoCo United? Not here. They have a big uphill battle, but would not be surprised a bit to see them get through to the next round.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sage

I've got to agree with Dude, PAU is most likely the team not to make it out of 'group of death'. Running scared, too interested in hurting people, don't play much soccer.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sage

Originally posted by bored
I've got to agree with Dude, PAU is most likely the team not to make it out of 'group of death'. Running scared, too interested in hurting people, don't play much soccer.

I think you thick-mashed-potato-with-extra-gravy eatin' boys at POCO are more of a "hurting people" kind of team. Lets face it, you have shite for pace (especially in the back line), and you have a not too bad forward. other than that, I've seen more skill on some Div 1 teams.
Running scared? I don't think so. We don't have to run when we're in first.
try and secure second place first, then worry about your cup run.
see you soon bitches......

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: sage

Originally posted by Sage
boys at POCO are more of a "hurting people" kind of team. Lets face it, you have shite for pace (especially in the back line)

Sage,

Always love to hear meathead guys like you talk about the 'defence of PoCo'. Specifically pace and size. Maybe you can explain why PA could not beat PoCo with their speed, perhaps PoCo's backline was faster? But that can not be as PoCo has shite for pace. :rolleyes:

And hurting people, its more just for enjoyment and something to keep us entertained while playing .:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: dude what-year-is-it?

sounds like you,ve been living in wonderland for the past year (how is Alice by the way). Predicting that the TOP team in the league won't make it past the first round??? I'd say that's a ballsy statement, but it's more likely due to shear stupidity. who do you play for (let me guess, the all-mighty Peg?)

Sage,

I play for one of the Peg's feeder teams. Not in the show right now...if my body holds up next September, maybe I'll give it a run. Who knows.

Anyhow, to answer your other questions: I do have big balls, and yes, Alice is hot.

Dude.:cool:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage

looks like sage is getting a little frustrated as PoCo is making their way to the top with nothing PA can do about it.

If we can ever start up the season again with all of this snow, PA will have 2 games left......and wouldn't you know that it's against PoCo and Peg. What a coincidence?:D A little playoff action early if you ask me. Maybe PA's gonna have to change their game plan and style before the Pak, after losing 3 straight to ALU, PoCo, and SC Peg:eek:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Houseofpain

Originally posted by housearrest
looks like sage is getting a little frustrated as PoCo is making their way to the top with nothing PA can do about it.

:eek:

why in gods name would we be frustrated? we've already won our games.....now POCO and others have to win theirs. If anything, the pressure is on them to not shite the bed. as for the three losses in a row, give your head a shake.....we've lost three games ALL season, there's no chance of three happening now. Keep dreaming though :eek:

Flabby-train:

your defence IS shite, and that's not the reason we lost to you. We didn't bury our chances and you guys did......fair enough. Still doesn't make your defence any better.
Heads up in the PAK cup........I'll be the guy running past you (fast) :D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Houseofpain

your defence IS shite, ......Heads up in the PAK cup........I'll be the guy running past you (fast) :D

Sage,

Ok, Ok you got me! PoCo's defence is shite.:rolleyes: And the supporting evidence is.........:rolleyes:

Head is always up, especially in cup play. Run as fast as you like, with your pace you are sure to have a few goals against PoCo. Dream again.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sage

Heads up in the PAK cup........I'll be the guy running past you (fast) :D [/B]

Interesting, this is what I said to you earlier, can you not come up with anything original. You must be the one who didn't score any goals against Poco. I too think you are getting frustrated, 3 games v Poco, no goals, don't you guys have a feeder team, maybe you could call someone up to play up front.

Me thinks it could be more than 3 losses in a row. Just lost one, then you play Poco, Peg, Poco, Peg.

Seems a pity to be leading the league all season long just to fizzle out, finish 2nd and then lose your only two cup games.

5 straight losses for PAU to finish the season. Remember, you've already exceeded expectations, you should be happy.

Sweeper

Jan 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: sage

I think you thick-mashed-potato-with-extra-gravy eatin' boys at POCO are more of a "hurting people" kind of team. Lets face it, you have shite for pace (especially in the back line),

For all the banter I've read in these forums about how big and slow Pocos back line is, I'm a little confused. If they are so pathetic how is it that they have the lowest goals against in the league? I guess they must be the only team in the league with strikers who are capable of doing the job that they signed on to do, the rest of you wannabee strikers must not be up to the grade.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Housearrest has it right

Sage,

FYI here are the premier standings and no, SC Peg is not in 7th. We're one win out of third - one win vs. PA to be exact. Pssst: we've only lost one game in our last 6 matches!

As for Poco having a shite defense, then why is it that you've let in almost double the amount of goals as them? You guys have demonstrated all season to have a solid backline but despite that, Poco's D is still much tighter.

Give your head a shake mate!

BTW: nice to see a certain somebody on 'bored' errr, board. ;)

Bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0