Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup The Presidents Cup 2003.

Who will win the Presidents Cup final?

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Tigers from Div 2 have a good chance a taking the title for their second time. While most teams take the Christmas holidays off the Tigers will practice straight through to the New Year and be in great physical shape to take a good run.:D :D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whats goin' to happen?!

Hey, sheep.
Yah, your right, MOST teams take the Christmas break off. But not all. I am sure there is going to be some tight games and of course some upsets. I know the Lions really want it again. But who doesn't. It all comes down to the draw. Last year, we had a pretty easy one.
Personally , I think it is going to be one of the top 3 teams in the Cat league.

Good luck to all though.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by I_love_sheep
the Tigers will practice straight through to the New Year and be in great physical shape to take a good run.:D :D

Yeah, pear shaped...

You had better concern yourselves with getting out of div.2

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion,
I agree with your post, this year’s pres cup winner will most likely come from one of the cat teams. You are right that the draw plays a big part in helping a team have a good run. Speaking from a div 2 stand point I don’t think any of the top teams in this division could upset any of the top teams in the cat div and realistically they shouldn’t. I think that Poco and Whalley have to be the favourites to win it all but I would not count out the Lions, as they will be eager to defend their title. I would also pick the GEU Associates to be strong contenders as they have been playing some good soccer lately and are getting stronger as the year goes on.

When does the first round begin?

Hey Argyle why dont you shove this :wa: up your ass.
:p

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by I_love_sheep
I would also pick the GEU Associates to be strong contenders as they have been playing some good soccer lately and are getting stronger as the year goes on.

I'll agree with ya sheep the team is playing very well right now with lots of confidence but having one bad game could be the difference and then upsets could happen. The good part is with this team we(depending upon who we play) are going to be the underdog cause of how we started the year.;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"B" Cup contenders

As stated above, the draw will probably determine who wins this thing.
Although it is likely a CAT team will win it, teams from lower divsions have won at the big dance before. :cool:

The CAT allocation of players will be huge for sides other than the Storm or Lions, who will not have players possibly Pak Cup-tied.
Obviously players like Draven and Yoda and Luc :p will have to make decisions for their respective clubs and teams.

I don't know much about the Div. 2 sides, but obviously the GEU Tiggers and the PoCo City side there must be a threat based on their records.
I_love_shagging_balls_for_my_mates gets to put his money where his mouth is now and who knows?

PoCo City, from what I hear though is the side to knock off if you really want to take it.
Storm and Lions obviously with the upper hand also.
They have tasted it each in the last two years.

Sentimental and dark horse choices: GEU Associates, PAU, and SC Royals.

Best of luck gentlemen.

A fan, :)

RF

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know when the cup draw will take place.
Probably sometime late January.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a little incentive.

From my good buddy:rolleyes:Neil Fuge at FVSL Headquarters:
Rob: everyone on my global e-mail list was sent info on this a month or two ago. We get two spots. They will be the President's League Cup finalists if I remember correctly. Neil
The two spots he refers to in his very kind e-mail(I edited it;) )are for the "B" Provincials in Prince George. So the finalists in the Pres. Cup this year get to travel to Prince George to play in a Provincial Tourney.

Hopefully it's us and some other Golden Ears team.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be tough for anyone to beat Poco Cat. The team is veteran laden, and they move it around nicely. Only one team has beaten them all year (Langley Cat).

Not sure how far the Storm will go. They (and the Lions) have been the beneficiaries of what I see as a split Cat division, to this point anyhow. It has been Poco, Storm, and Lions as three whom are clearly a level higher than the rest, then Langley sort of sitting in the middle (young team...inexperienced, but plenty of hustle, and some talent too), then the bottom three.

Wild card: have to say that GEU seems to be pulling out of their early season hibernation. Apparently they looked simply out-stand-ing against PAU a week or so ago. :rolleyes: I hear GEU management has been shopping around, looking to add a little grit and experience for a Cup run. Just a rumor, but so far nothing concrete.

Out of 2nd division: I think the Sikhs are the best of that bunch, despite their record. It they take this thing seriously, look out. The Tigers may go two or three rounds, but get easily eliminated against one of the top Cat teams in either the semis or quarters. I’ll say the Royals, but only if they can get healthy and get bodies back. The team is stacked with vets who have won the President’s cup, and others, before. The also have nothing else to focus on.

Will make more predictions when I see the draw.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with most of your points Dude. The only one I don't is the Poco Cat comment. They use four or five Premier guys every weekend. That's what CAT is for. Those four and then two or three others will probably sign with Premier for the Pak. The guys left on Poco are Div. 2 at best. I don't think that they stand much of a chance at winning this thing.

The Lions and the Storm have to be the favorites right now. We are getting better, but aren't anywhere near where we need to be yet.

A CAT team will definetly win it this year though. It is a fairly strong division compared to last year. That and I can't see a lower Div. team winning.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
It is a fairly strong division compared to last year.

You just don't stop do you? :D
I mean, you're on fire TR. :D :D
Fcuking pure deed brilliant comedy. :D :D :D
Lesson to everyone:
This guy TTPs with the best of them.......

Surely you fcuking jest. :rolleyes:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st round.

PRESIDENTS LEAGUE CUP 2003 DRAW

Round 1
Game 1 Surrey FC Royals vs Bradner Redshirts
Game 2 Peace Arch Selects vs Sikh United D4
Game 3 Surrey FC Rangers D4 vs GEU Wolves
Game 4 PoCo City Pacific vs Aldergrove United D3
Game 5 Surrey Coyotes vs North Delta Players
Game 6 Langley United FC "B" vs Britannia D3
Game 7 Sikh United FC D2 vs GEU Old Haney
Game 8 Eagleridge Hades vs Celtic FC
Game 9 Aldergrove United D2 vs Hollywood Star Lions

Round 2
Game 10 Port Moody Lions vs GEU Tigers
Game 11 Whalley United vs Langley United Lions
Game 12 Surrey Blitz vs Winner Game 6
Game 13 LUFC Rangers vs Winner Game 9
Game 14 Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5
Game 15 GEU Associates vs Britannia D4
Game 16 North Delta Lions vs Surrey FC Donegals Caps
Game 17 Surrey Rippers vs Winner Game 1
Game 18 Winner Game 7 vs PoCo City Hotspurs
Game 19 Surrey FC Hook & Ladder vs Winner Game 8
Game 20 Winner Game 3 vs Peace Arch CAT
Game 21 North Delta FC vs Winner Game 2
Game 22 Chilliwack CAT vs GEU Titans
Game 23 PoCo City Fury vs PoCo City Dominion CAT
Game 24 Whalley Storm vs LUFCA Clones
Game 25 Eagleridge United vs North Delta U. D4

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second year in a row Royals have had to play prelims!:mad: They can't get a break. At least the teams they've drawn don't appear that good.

SUFC has a tough draw. Assuming they get through prelims, they face Poco Hotspurs.

Lions have a great draw...better than last year, for sure. GEU has a nice first round match-up too. Based on this info, those two teams are my favs to make the finals. Not sure if they'd meet leading up to it through...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the bracket stays as it is, we'd see them in the fourth round. You all know what a fan of them I am.;) For the winner of that match it's a cakewalk to the big game, and a birth in the "B" Provincials.

The team with the easiest draw to the quarter finals seems to be the GEU Tigers. Those guys always get good draws.

Of course, this is assuming they keep the bracket the way it is.:rolleyes:

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup

If the schedule above is correct, first-place Poco City Fury is in for a rude awakening against Poco City Dominion CAT. Expect Fury to bow out early.:D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it was a shame that the Fury decided to cancel their exibition game against the Dominion Cat team. After they were beat soundly by AU Razor I thought they would be looking for a win.:p

If AU Razor can beat them 9-2, what will the Cat team win by in the Cup match?

Any predictions for the first couple of rounds?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
The only one I don't is the Poco Cat comment. They use four or five Premier guys every weekend. That's what CAT is for. Those four and then two or three others will probably sign with Premier for the Pak. The guys left on Poco are Div. 2 at best.

I just noticed your post TR. Interesting. So you are saying that, other than the premier players and a couple of regulars, the Cat Dominion team players are div. 2 quality? Hmmmmmmmmm
And none of the Cat team takes offence to these comments? WOW!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, not a word.

Honestly though, I don't see anyone other then a CAT team winning it this year. The top CAT teams are very good. Without the Div 1 teams in this cup, there is no one who can really rate with the top teams in CAT(I'm including the Associates here).

Should be a fun competition.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should be a very interesting competition, however, do not count out the Div 2 teams. One of them could come up and bite ya. After all, the mighty Tigers are going to take it all.
Remember I_Love_Sheep knows all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0