Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Top Five Tryhard Teams in the AMSL

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Top Five Team TryHard List.

The recent postings in the Banter thread have brought me to this. Here is TheRob's(like anyone cares:rolleyes: )list of the top five tryhard teams for the 2002 AMSL season. Feel free to make up your own list. Remember, we don't play every team in the league, so some lists may include teams others haven't played.

Here we go:

The #1 Tryhard team this year is:

1) Broken Down Golf Carts - shirt grabbing, cheap fouls, running the goalie, screaming at Herb. Need I say more?
2) Beercnuts - One word.........Gaunther.:rolleyes:
3) Arse-nal - Wasn't at this game, but I hear they were quite bad.
4) Mountain Shadow - Sorry J R, the bald headed fellow, and that Bobby guy pretty much clinched this for you.
5) Poco Rockets - their defenders just didn't know when to stop.

Notice the Young Guns and the actual Team Tryhard don't make TheRob's list? I thought our game vs. Young Guns was a good, fun, mellow but not mellow affair. The Dragons won by the way 3 donut. Our game vs. Tryhard FC was played a walking pace. There seems to be a new found respect between these two teams. I take full credit for that.:D Tryhards won that one 6 - 5.

Let's see some lists. don't be shy. This could be crucial to see who gets the coveted Tryhard name next year.:)

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW.....thanks!

So TheRob put us #1!? I think next year we'll get 16 pairs of white shoes so Gunther can't catch us in the poll. Great, now we'll be even more of a target to the real try-hard teams out there. Bad enough you guys talk about us at the Sunday night Roxy co-ed bitch sessions....does this mean the YG's are going to be even more pissed at us that they didn't make a list?? Seems like they need to be a "championship" team to feel like this summer stuff is fun. Thanks TR, now I gotta check my brakes before descending steep hills!!

I gotta go with Nuts #1....well, we covered why on that. Tryhards are definately #2....warming up 25 minutes before a game?? Crazy. And #3 has to go to Cheatside who told us 2 minutes before the game that they don't warm up because they were unbeaten....and then we beat them 6 bagel! 4 & 5 have me stumped.

CD

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SKYTRAINS TOP FIVE

1. Beercnuts......same word Cnuter. Big attitude from a guy wearing white boots, collar up and short to his pits. And for the poor losing attitude of not wanting to shake hands after a game

2. QLT - female players wanting cat fights

3. Assinhole - lots of big guys who need to go back to Loomis Soccer School, cheap behind the play from the boys

4. Dragoons - just for Trying so hard not to be TryHards

5. Broken Golf Carts - this team has got the effort, attitude, ego, hacks and poor slags that make them into the list, all they have to do work on the footie skills

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts sporting the beerguts.

Yup I've read the polls and listened for awhile and the call goes out to the cgunter hands down. Or in his case hands up and ass out! The bitching starts there and ends 20 mins after the whistle has gone. My nod for #1 Tryhard team has to go to the Beernuts.

2.) Cheatside...talk big, think big, play weak.
3.) Young Guns...Herb, but Herb,c'mon Herb,please Herb.
4.) Tryhards... like someone else said warm up way too hard for games. Its summer right?
5.) HBBDE...just for trying to try a trying team.

Hope that helps in the voting process. :)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the votes

Cart

And #3 has to go to Cheatside who told us 2 minutes before the game that they don't warm up because they were unbeaten....and then we beat them 6 bagel!

With a description like that,how werent we # 1 on your list.:confused:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

Your not Try-Hards on the pitch...just behind the BBQ.

Signed
IRON CHEF OSLER (AKA Notty):D :p

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the Survey Says...

J R's Top 5:

1) Beercnuts - Not to go against the trend or anything....but ol' white boots has to take it down a few notches

2) QLT - they've been practicing since September of 2001....no one should be preparing this much for the upcoming season

3) Arsenal - all indivuduals and little team effort make arsenal something, something...

4) "YG Inc." - don't want them to feel left out...Come on Herb, that's bulls*it! Herb!!!

5) The Hairy Blue Buddha Dragon Experience - too many words in their name - might sound better as "the Tryhards" :D

J R

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the Dragoons seem to be a fan favourite...

I forgot to mention that the very same YG's leader from the other :rolleyes: thread once asked to be a Dragoon himself.:D I guess that's why we're in the race for the title spot!

Keep the votes coming dudes ;)

"#1#1#1#1#1#1#1#1"

+SCsaysgooutsideandenjoythefrickenweather:rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it ok if YG Inc. post here?

We at YG Inc. hope that this new thread wasn't started just because of that big, ugly "mess-understanding" on the "other" thread. I guess if a new thread is started after this post, that will be a sure sign that YG Inc. should stay far, far away.

For the record, Herb L-O-V-E-S it when we scream, "COME ON, HERB!" or "F*CK HERB!" It's the only time he gets to hear those phrases.

Dial's top 5 Try Hards:

1) Try Hards: You can't have an almost perfect record without trying hard. Kudos to you!

2) Mountain Shadow: 15 goals allowed in 11 games. Decided they'd get their way by making a player of theirs president. Ever try to reason with him? All that's missing is the short, stubby, 'stache. :D

3) Young Guns: And we're proud of it. Still, we'll keep our old name and add Inc. to show how much we've "matured." No team has made it to the final and lost as often as we have. No team has more excuses either. And...we all have assholes!

4) Carts: When things seem unfair to them, they find the most annoying, illiterate person to speak on their behalf. Man, I can't stand it when people use CAPS LOCK. Oh yeah, and all those things TheRob mentioned.

5) Tie:

Poco Rockets: Strictly because of the name. All that's missing is FC (football club). Maybe if they added Inc. or Icks at the end, it wouldn't seem so bad.

Cheatside: The name says it all.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, go back to the other thread.....

Originally posted by Dial 9-1-1
Decided they'd get their way by making a player of theirs president. Ever try to reason with him? All that's missing is the short, stubby, 'stache. :D

Actually, that was a league vote....but I'm sure if YG Inc ever brought anything reasonable to the table, your impression would be different. Thanks for the vote anyway :D

JR

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Take it from a team that's won more cups than any other team: if you don't use your women, you'll be watching the final from the sidelines in your rented, broken-down golf cart.

Does it bother you at all that our team is made up of players that probably haven't won nearly as many (if any) cups as you, and we are still winning the league?

go back a few posts and read TheRob's post on how we almost fell asleep playing against each other because we were trying to so little.

Take the Tryhard name and stand proud with it. Don't fight it.
Then maybe next year you will come to realize that it doesn't matter whether you won or lost, just how much beer you drank.
:D
"Getup, a git git down, 911 is a joke is your town" - Flava Flav.
:cool:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Take it to the other thread, alright? Geez, here I am just trying to fit in and be part of the gang, and you gotta attack me like that. Sheesh. I compliment your team on its fine record and the next thing you know, you're quoting Flava Flav. It doesn't get any lower than that.

"Why can't we all just get along?"---Billy Jean King

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair Enough!!

I forgot to mention that the very same YG's leader from the other thread once asked to be a Dragoon himself. I guess that's why we're in the race for the title spot!
Yes but Sexual Chocolate the truth of the matter is yourself and a few of your teammates have actually been a part of YG in previous Yakima tournaments.:p

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking in the third person

Notty is thinking of stepping into the tryhard mode after reading some of the off the collar remarks regarding on of the Dragons key female members...keep your head up confcukdor!:mad:

Piss poor confcukdor…piss poor!:rolleyes:

~Notty

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just the Facts!!

I'm assuming you mean the conductor and if you've been reading the remarks than you will have noticed that I have not bad mouthed any females on your team or this league!! P.S. Let's just remember who started all the trashing(what goes around comes around!!)
Notty is thinking of stepping into the tryhard mode after reading some of the off the collar remarks regarding on of the Dragons key female members...keep your head up confcukdor!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
notty

I'll take the blame for the off collar remarks. I just want to make it clear that

a) I did not mean to make it appear that I was attacking a particular person on your team. I understand that someone on your team was deeply bothered by the remarks, but that wasn't my intention. I honestly don't know who she is or ANYTHING about her. I tried to keep it general to a Dragons' female.

b) The comments were completely fictional, and were purely intended to be taken humorously. Yes, they were in poor taste, but I never thought someone would take them literally.

c) I am sorry. Sincerely.

Our team has never had any problems with the Dragons or any other team in the league (other than Big Foot). I wouldn't have even considered there was a problem with the Carts either if they hadn't come on this forum complaining about us.

P.S. Yoda... got your message. All in good fun, partner!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0