Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2002/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

what? you never thought cujo was any good....are you kidding me........have you seen the leafs record lately.....

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fake hockey fan

umm lupo are you retarded....compare the leafs record last year and their record this year........compare the oilers record with cujo and without him....he makes average teams seem like cup contenders......if philly was smart a few years back and signed joseph instead of vanbiesbrouk i'm positive they would have had at least 2 cups by now......on a side note i hate the leafs

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What, pray tell, does any of this have to do with the Canucks? Move it along gentlemen . . .

Thanks.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
about the 'nucks?

What's this got to do with the 'nucks... bugger all, actually. Seems that raiguy is related to cujo or something. hey, wasn't he the one that got yanked after the sweden game in the olympics?The guy's a mercinary, like the rest of them bums that go to Detroit. Ain't about the game, ain't about the team, it's about getting a cup ring any way possible. Pathetic.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
6 on the trot

I took wee L=C to the Chicago game and what excitement throughout the building... Captain Shamrock nor any shite Flyers were caught booing... If the Nucks keep this up and the parade (with no fun city acvtivist Phillip Owen gone) route will be headed straight up Georgia and into Stanley Cup Park!!!:D

Guinness:wa:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was only suggesting that comparing Cujo' s play with the leafs and his play with the Wings is like comparing apples and oranges. He did stink the joint out though. Played well against the Oil though

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love listening to a traffic update from Vancouver when I'm 8000km away. That, and having Koreans ask me what a Canuck is, is by far my favorite thing about this season so far. They're not playing that badly either...:wa:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 in a row...

Great goal by Linden to win the game and break Smyl's Canuck goal scoring record. If the brass don't retire his # the second he retires they should be strung up! Should we dare hope for 8 straight?

lupoman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've gotta love the Canucks. For all of you who doubted them from the start of the season, you can go fcuk off. I'm planning the parade right now, and I'm not talking Gay Pride, HOS.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Scorer

It couldn't have happened to a more loyal Canuck. Nice to see that he finally did it -- funnily, thanks to a pick-off from a former Canuck.

Wish I had seen it. :rolleyes:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain just a question arent you a Flyers fan????

Anyways you are right gotta love those Canucks right now, the next game will be tough but winnable just like the next few we got Carolina, Tampa, Florida, and the Islanders I think we have a good chance to win them if not at least 3 of the next four.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sisters Sedin...

Yes we all love the canucks but...

Despite the fact that the nucks are sweet right now, should one overlook the lack of production from the Sedins? Yes, Henrik tied his bro in scoring last night (with 1), but should they be getting the ice time while others are watching from the pressbox?
:confused:

I know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but sooner or later, sh!t begins to smell. Once the canucks lose one or two, will the rope become shorter and the Sedins be sorted out?:confused: :(

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 in a row, the boys are rolling right now!! Could we see 10 in a row:eek: I agree Sedins are not doing much but you don't change a winning lineup!! Maybe when the run is over you might see some press box time for the twins.:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sedins

This is a good indication of how well year is going for both Sedin's and how well in tune they are to the game.

Here's a snippit from the Province this morning:

Sedin, goal-less through 20 games, tipped in Morrison's shot on a power play at 4:44 of the first period.

"I didn't even know I touched it," Sedin said.

:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to actually agree with Parkheed

They are on fire, so don't bother changing a thing... Who knows, if the Sedin's start producing the Nucks could start losing??? Hockey is a funny sport...:eek:

Captain, how were the Leafs on Saturday??? I heard they biotch slapped the Cryers???:rolleyes:

Go Canucks Go!!!:wa: :bronco: :wa:

RATU

Jul 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sedins

maybe the sisters are not scoring this year but i'm happy to see them play better in the defence side of the game, not sure what there +/- is, most likely not great but everytime i watch them play D they grind hard on the boards and take their man out...taking care of your own end of the rink first is whats important :)

keep the ball rolling ya crazy nucks:wa:

RATU

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sedins shmedins.....

Who cares if they ain't producing...daniels on the fourth line, Henrik on the third mostly. Still too much potential to give up on this early....anybody remember Cam? The chemistery is right with this group even if the likes of the sisters ain't pulling their weight yet.

lupoman

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarter Season Awards

From Sportsnet.ca:
MVP -- Dan Cloutier has been the best player on the ice since day one. All those questions about Cloutier's supposedly fragile psyche following last season's playoffs have been answered. He has been solid as a rock. Cloutier is 11-5-3 with a 2.4 GAA and .904 save percentage. He's started all but one of the Canucks 20 games and has had only one sub-par outing. On many nights in October, he was the only reason the Canucks had a shot at collecting a point or two. Runner-up -- Brendan Morrison.

TOP FORWARD -- Brendan Morrison. With 23 points, Morrison is tied with Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi for tops on the team. But it's been Morrison that has been the most impressive. When the club was having trouble generating scoring from those not on the top line, Crawford moved Morrison around in order to inject life into some of the other lines. It worked. Morrison is doing it all for the Canucks, centering up to three lines a night, playing the point on the power play and logging time on the penalty kill. Runners-up – Bertuzzi and Naslund.

TOP DEFENCEMAN -- Mattias Ohlund. He plays over 26 minutes a game against the best players on the ice and he's been the Canucks most physical player this season. Sure, Ohlund is still shooting for his first goal, but defensively he's off to one of the best starts of his career. Runner-up -- Murray Baron.

UNSUNG HERO -- Trevor Letowski. It may be tough to call Letowski an unsung hero with the way he's been contributing on offence lately but he deserves the award for his play on the penalty kill alone. Letowski is a great skater who always keeps his legs churning. His constant pressure on point men proves to be too much many nights out. Letowski, along with Cloutier and Murray Baron, are the biggest reasons the Canucks' penalty killing has been at the top of the league all season. Runner-up -- Baron (with Ed Jovanovski coming on strong).

BEST GOAL -- Brendan Morrison on Chicago's Steve Passmore in Vancouver's 5-3 win on Nov. 20. Early in the second period and late on the power play, Morrison snuck in the backside from the point and converted on a beautiful pass from Naslund.

BEST SAVE -- Dan Cloutier off Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom in Vancouver's 4-1 win on Nov. 22. Three minutes into the Canucks biggest game of the season, Cloutier slid across his crease to stone Holmstrom on a one-timer. On the ensuing rush Matt Cooke scored to open the scoring.

BEST FIGHT -- Darren Langdon and Chicago's Lyle Odelein. There haven't been many fights, but Langdon's decision over Odelein was by far the best. We heard this guy was great late in fights and Odelein found out first hand.

BEST FIGHT AMONG TEAMMATES -- Jarkko Ruutu and Matt Cooke. Ruutu was definitely the instigator and the winner in this one. Poor Cookie didn't know it was coming and didn't have time to react.

BEST LINE -- "You can't hurt steel." - Todd Bertuzzi reacting to questions about his wellbeing after an open-ice hit by San Jose Shark's defenceman Bryan Marchment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0