Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tootoo v. Robidas - March 17, 2007

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
how about bossy or kovalchuk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYHhMoC7Hw]YouTube - Kovalchuk cheap shot Kubina[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnw3bou2NA]YouTube - Alexander Ovechkin hit on Daniel Briere DEC/02/2006[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaEQglzGuE]YouTube - Mike Bossy cheap shot on Carbonneau[/ame]

there all over the place Dude...pull your head out of your A s s

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
You're Tootoo, you've just creamed the other teams best player you turn and see Robidas coming in full tits looking run you down - this all happens in, what 1 maybe 2 seconds? what do you do?

If it's a fat lip and not a KO is it a big deal?

Dude doesn't like to be wrong..shhh

Right with you KNVB!

You summed it up completey

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude you are way off this time. Have you played Hockey??? Tootoo barley hits Modano, Robidas try's to play hero and gets what he deserves. what would you have said if Robidas had taken out Tootoo? I agree Tootoo Tucker Cooke and Avery are all chicken shitt bags of crap, but he protected himself. it's not like when Steve Moore hit Naslund with his head down. Modano got hit barely, and Robidas had no business going in the way he intended on Tootoo. like him or not. It's not the Same as Simon on Hallwig or whatever his name is, it's not the same as McSorely and Brashear or even the Bertuzzi Moore crap. I don't agree with what happened but some people get all worked up over nothing. next.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its all over the place, so how does sucker punching somebody all of a sudden become acceptable? Because it's been done before? In 2 or 3 seconds, he clearly saw Robidas coming, he could has easily side stpped him, and face him man-to-man. Drop the gloves, fight. Easy. Had he done that, Modano would have just stood back and watched.

Kind of like how Moore should have faced Bertuzzi. That said, was Bertuzzi justified in sucker punching Moore?

Besides, it's Robidas we're talking about here. Handbags at 5 paces anyone?

All you guys are saying that because cheap shots have happened, it means that Tootoo is all of a sudden a stand-up player, not a cheap SOB.

He's never been a stand-up player, and he is a cheap SOB.

Hector and Franchise...if you are going to argue, do it with some intelligence, instead of the "2 wrongs makes it right" argument.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right Dude, you want to read my post again maybe. KNVB totally agree with what you said. I hate Tucker, Tootoo, Cooke, Avery and all players that play that way. Chicken shites that act tough because they know that they're safe. I understand sticking up for your team mates, what was robidas doing??? it wasn't a cheap hit on Modano. Robidas got what he deserved. it is shitty to see a guy get knocked out when sticking up for a team mate.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector...at what point did I say Robidas was right? All I've said is he missed.

The original hit was fine. You cannot deny Tootoo sucker punched him, though. You cannot tell me that wasn't a cheap punch. It was cheap, and gutless on it's own merrit.

The question was, "was the punch cheap"? Yes it was. He could have squared up.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KH said:
Right Dude, you want to read my post again maybe. KNVB totally agree with what you said. I hate Tucker, Tootoo, Cooke, Avery and all players that play that way. Chicken shites that act tough because they know that they're safe. I understand sticking up for your team mates, what was robidas doing??? it wasn't a cheap hit on Modano. Robidas got what he deserved. it is shitty to see a guy get knocked out when sticking up for a team mate.
I hope that was three thoughts in one paragraph because I didn’t say any of that. All I did was ask the question. Though I do hate Tucker with a passion.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you agree with a question?

KH...you played pro in the somewhat slower but rough and tumble div. 8 English Ice Hockey & Roller Derby League (EIHARDL- sponsored by Captain Balbinder's Curried Fish N' Chips)...what would you have done? You're Tootoo.

Go...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For starters, I'm pretty sure he would give him a good munting and then follow it up with some Green and White shite.

:D

Slow motion replays tend to distort reality when it comes to split-second decisions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, as always, you bring clarrity to to the muddied issues. A shining beacon in the fog, some would say.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
How can you agree with a question?

KH...you played pro in the somewhat slower but rough and tumble div. 8 English Ice Hockey & Roller Derby League (EIHARDL- sponsored by Captain Balbinder's Curried Fish N' Chips)...what would you have done? You're Tootoo.

Go...

I agreed with KNVB's earlier post. drop yer gloves and go. now shut it you munt;)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude you must be a Modano Fan.

I have seen kids puch each other harder on the playground than the hit on Modano. I think it caught him off guard more than anything. The punch was instinct. You know someones comeing for you are going to defend yourself. I agree with Regs....Modano's blatant swinging of the stick was the most vicous part of the whole situation. If you take fighting right out of the game then you can say a punch is vicous.

Poor bastard just took one on the chin. We have all seen it a few times before. If Tootoo didn't see him coming then he would have taken a cheap shot from behind. Over all it was just another Hockey incident to me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa,

Let's review:

1. No where did I say I had a problem w/ the hit. I thought it was a great hit.

2. I didn't like that Tootoo chose to sucker punch, when it would have been as easy to sidestep, and square up.

Guys like The Franchise apparently think it's cool to sucker punch another player instead of facing them man-to-man. It was cheap. The guy is a chicken shite...always has been, always will be. The NHL would do well to remove the instigator, and get the Tootoos, Cooks, Ruttu and the like out of the game.

As for Modano...he swung his stick about as hard as Franchise swings his purse in a soccer brawl. He had motion, but let up when he realised what he was about to do. It was a fcuking mosquito bite, if that.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I partly agree with you on the Modano stick swing -- it was weak -- but anything above the waist... [shaking head in disaproval]

As for the "sucker punch", we need a bit of clarification here. I would suggest a "sucker punch" is when the victim is found complete unprepared (i.e. defenseless) to take a hit. If we can agree on that, you've got to ask yourself, what did Robidas expect to happen as he charged Tootoo with both arms at head height? That he was going to get a shot in first? A "sucker punch" perhaps? From behind?

Imagine if Robidas had connected first. Tootoo would've taken a head shot and a stick across the back for a legit check.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sean McCormick has put it well.

Jordin Tootoo put a clean hit on Mike Modano. Then decided that the best defence was a good offence, and punched his would-be attacker in the face (with a gloved fist). This is not to be confused with a sucker punch. A sucker punch is punching when the opponent is not expecting to get punched. If Stephane Robidas was not expecting to get punched when he skated full throttle into a man with 104 penalty minutes under his belt, then Robidas needs to get his head checked for more than a concussion this week.

The media pile it high and deep - Sean McCormick - Sportsnet.ca

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If someone is coming at with me with what I feel are less than friendly intentions I will prepare for the worst. I would never think to ask wether he preferred to step off ten paces and employ only Marquis of Queensbury rules. Does it appear that Robidas was coming to serve tea and crumpets? I have never played hockey. However I have played lacrosse at a rather high level,where physical confrontation is the norm. Regardless of what has ever preceded any situation that I have been involved in, I have never thought about trusting the other guy to consider my well being when he is coming at me.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fukking muppets you can't sucker punch somebody from the hip because you "think" a player is going to do something. Robidas skates at him and most likely is going to give him a two club shove to the face at most.Robidas had his hands down. He clearly wasn't coming in with a full out swing when the other guy wasn't ready like tootoo did. 5 games was fair if robidas hadn't have been coming at him it would have been a lot longer. As for modano, maybe a bit lucky not to be suspended. He was swiinging his stick but pulled up and hit him at .023mph and was clearly trying to completely stop the stick. Modano used his head in the end Totooo on the other hand went overboard.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Balsa,

Let's review:

1. No where did I say I had a problem w/ the hit. I thought it was a great hit.

2. I didn't like that Tootoo chose to sucker punch, when it would have been as easy to sidestep, and square up.

Guys like The Franchise apparently think it's cool to sucker punch another player instead of facing them man-to-man. It was cheap. The guy is a chicken shite...always has been, always will be. The NHL would do well to remove the instigator, and get the Tootoos, Cooks, Ruttu and the like out of the game.

As for Modano...he swung his stick about as hard as Franchise swings his purse in a soccer brawl. He had motion, but let up when he realised what he was about to do. It was a fcuking mosquito bite, if that.

Your as dumb as a box of nails.

It hards sometimes to see your wrong but hey I admire your courage in sticking up for something you beleive in :rolleyes:

Suckerpunch right:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0