Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top Concerts of 2001

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about fave concerts of the year?

I say the Area One Festival with Moby and New Order, followed by Radiohead and Beta Band.

The best club concert that I saw had to be Hawksley Workman. He was incredible!

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tpo Gig

Stereolab at Commodore Ballroom Nov 25th were concise, precise and the show was very private, even though to a packed crowd.

They displayed there offbeat and quirky sound with lazy vocals that can only be descibed as a Vanilla Milkshake in the Templeton on Granville

Op Hop Detonation

hedKandi

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
concerts

I heard that Sterolab were good.

Mercury Rev at the Commodore on Nov. 30th was also a treat. Very dreamy and surreal, quite beautiful really.

I can't believe I left out 'Jane's Addiction' on Nov. 3rd at the Pacific Coliseum. Did anyone else catch the insane Perry Farrell and all the naked dancing women?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coldplay....

I think I'm the only one who thought Coldplay were dead, dead good. I didn't hear much of them due to Jinky and Saint's constant patter but they looked cool which is really all you can ask for from a rock band.

Other than Coldplay, undermars at The Railway was my second favourite concert of 2001.

I only went to two shows this year, Fastshow.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mainstream choices

Radiohead and the Beta Band was the best concert I saw this year. Radiohead were comprehensively brilliant (instrument switching, Thom, and more Thom). The only thing that sucked was the "inner circle".

Worst was Badly Drawn Boy. What a cnut. How do his 3 minute songs become 20 minute jams? Not very well.

max

yellowmac

Dec 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Radiohead

Max,

Yes, Radiohead was brilliant. The best moment of all was when the sun came out from behind the clouds and lit up the bleachers with a surreal blend of grays and golds. I think it was during 'Karma Police' . Couldn't you feel the electricity run through the whole stadium in that one moment?

A Plea To the Gods above,
- How does one move out of the 'merely annoying' category?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merely annoying

A panel of 4 judges is appointed by the Moderator and they have weekly meetings on Thursday nights where they sit around and discuss how to more completely screw TTPers. After a few Kilkennys the Apprentice, a de facto member, brings out the lerb and then they vote.

If you receive the requisite number of votes, you may be bumped up a category. Remember that you are being judged on the quality of your posts and not merely the quantity.

You can apply to have your status changed by PMing Zenga, LanceArsmstromg, Godlike or Mr. Coppertone and asking for 'the special treatment'.

If the vote goes badly you can always send $50 to any Sportstown or Surrey poster and they will lobby Regs for you.

As always though, the final say goes to the TotalBastard.

Oh, and to stay on topic:

Yo-Yo Mah and the VSO.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah but you could talk to the Devil for $50 ;)

Topic~ Best ever for me Pink Floyd @ BC place. Sat near the side stage and though the flames that were shooting out were going to burn my eyebrows. I was so lerbed up they probably did :rolleyes:

shite just noticed this if for 2001. NEVER MIND THEN.

knvb:eek:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prince Paul and Dan "The Automator" Nakamura at Sonar. For those of you who are now wanking off over the Gorillaz, respect the classically-trained asian violinist who created their sound. Bow down. We all did, between sets anyways.

Saw The Pharcyde twice this year, and they were high. Not like a musically-enhanced, spiritual, euphoric high. More like a 3-blunt, "get me faded", excessive tokeage kinda high.

Sigur Ros at that little tabernacle downtown (name it, someone) was a nice show as well. Nuttier than squirrel shite, but very enchanting toons nontheless.

DJ Greyboy (also at Sonar) was worth the 15 bucks, if only for the inclusion of Halifax's best white, baseball-fanatic hiphopper, Buck 65. Groo-vay.

Booya,
-Sensei.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught Echo and the Bunnymen at the Commodore a few weeks ago and they were superb. That's three times now that I've seen them.

I'm very old you know.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant and electric

Must echo yellowmac's comments. Radiohead was definitely outstanding and the atmosphere was indeed wickety wickety wack.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow

Just in time to qualify for concerto of the year, Blackalicious and the Lifesavas killed it at the Commodore thursday night. Easily the best show I've been to all year. Easily.

For those looking to check them out, head on over to the Quannum Spectrum Website

Both acts from Thursday night have MP3s, bios and short video clips on the site. Enjoy.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0