Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] Canucks vs Hawks Game 3 20090505

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What 'Nucks bunch will we see tonight?

The one that has blown 2, 2, 3 goal leads in their last 3 games or the one that smoked the Hawks 4-0 the last time they squared off in Chi-town?

If they get out of the first period even, I think they may have the opportunity to put a huge stamp on this series.

Canucks 3-1.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What 'Nucks bunch will we see tonight?

The one that has blown 2, 2, 3 goal leads in their last 3 games or the one that smoked the Hawks 4-0 the last time they squared off in Chi-town?

If they get out of the first period even, I think they may have the opportunity to put a huge stamp on this series.

Canucks 3-1.

As has always been the case, the Nucks only win this one if Luongo stands on his head. I got through to Moj' yesterday right after Hartley from Richmond. Hartley thinks they need to dress Pyatt.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would drop Hordichuk from the lineup as a few of the talking heads have suggested. It is not a good message to send to your team if you start moving things around when the team is winning, now that they have lost you can start to tinker.

I also know some re-inforcements have been flown in, I haven't seen anything about it in the news, but I have been away out of the country for the last week, and on my flight from O'Hare to YVR on Thursday Jeff Cowan sat in Economy two rows in front of me. He was being flown back to Vancouver as a depth guy for the Nucks, complete with Ginger Playoff Beard and all. The Guy he was sitting next to in the terminal said Cowan told him that Cowan was not the only guy getting the call.. I wonder if Ouellet, Grabner, or some others were re called too? The Moose are still alive, Cowan was playing for Peoria Rivermen, not the Moose...

edit: Found an Article

I would also take this as a chance to shake up the "Second Line"

Sedin - Sedin - Bernier
Rypien - Sundin - Wellwood
Burrows - Kesler - Raymond
Demitra (Who has been shite at best) - Johnson - Pyatt

3-2 Nucks in OT

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know if I like Bernier playing with the sisters. He has decent net presence, but is to slow to be usefull on the forecheck. I think they need tp play with a speedster, even if the guy has no finish ( not that Bernier does....)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? Now with Salo hurt Vaanenen is getting inserted, leaving Davison as the 7th D Man. They still need to pick up another injury before having to make the call.

Cowan was the only guy as far as I can tell that the Nucks had other than with the Moose, and the Moose are up 3-0 on the Grand Rapids Griffins (Red Wings AHL Affiliate) in their second round series.

Thier top dman is Mark Fistric, who is Dallas Stars Property, obviously cannot be called up. Maxim Fortunus, Nolan Baumgartner, Daniel Rahimi, Zach Fitzgerald, and Nathan McIver are the only guys that could be called I think, with McIver being the likely candidate if they do bring someone up...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know if I like Bernier playing with the sisters. He has decent net presence, but is to slow to be usefull on the forecheck. I think they need tp play with a speedster, even if the guy has no finish ( not that Bernier does....)

again, I'm just repeating the talking heads of course, but I really think AV will put Burrows and Kesler back together...to shut down the sharp/kane duo... I'm loathe to split up the Wellwood line if I'm AV, som maybe you put demitra with the Twins and see if that sparks him to have something other than another weak-sauce performance?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would also take this as a chance to shake up the "Second Line"

Sedin - Sedin - Bernier
Rypien - Sundin - Wellwood
Burrows - Kesler - Raymond
Demitra (Who has been shite at best) - Johnson - Pyatt

3-2 Nucks in OT

I know that I have raved about the Hawks of late, and noted that Luongo is the sole reason we swept the Blues, but to play Devil's Advocate....

This team won 8 in a row, outplayed the Hawks in 2 of 3 periods in game 1, had two crappy periods in game 2...and now everyone wants to blow up the team. I think you need to go status quo for one more game. That's why I am betting on the Hawks tonight!;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Status quo :(

Demitra is hurt or hurting, and probably why he has sucked of late. He missed an immense amount of games with the Mild last year and has surprisingly been fairly resilient lately... but didn't take the skates yesterday or today, Pyatt took his turns today apparently, look for him to miss the game today, which sucks because now either Hansen or Cowan will have to be the replacement for Hordichuk for him to come out, which I want, but not necessarily those two guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0