Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie [TTP Bookie Event] FVSL League Leader - Christmas 04'

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Prem.

FVSL Premier Standings as of 11/4/04:

GP - W - T - L - PTS
1 Peace Arch United 8 6 1 1 19
2 LUFC United 7 5 2 0 17
3 Chilliwack Rapids 8 4 3 1 15
4 GN Sporting Club 7 4 0 3 12
5 PoCo City Dominion 7 3 2 2 11
6 DMU United 7 3 2 2 11
7 GEU Ultra 8 3 1 4 10
8 Whalley Storm 8 2 2 4 8
9 Sikh United Red Devils 8 0 2 6 2
10 North Delta Lions 8 0 1 7 1

For a complete list of upcoming fixtures please refer to the FVSL web site.

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/Schedules/dis7.htm

PAU

With loads of depth in all areas of the park, its making for healthy competition for spots, which in turn creates intense training sessions. When old legs faulter (read Aves & BJ :p ) there are more legs ready to step on to take over. The addition of Lion up front has also added another dangerous dimension to the front end of this side not to mention a sweet sense of style. As the collars go up so does the Nation in the standings.

GN

A great start, but look to be heading through some adversity behind the scenes with player/coach conflicts resulting in at least two players leaving. Can they regroup? Can the keep Star #1 out of KFC? Or will their good start to the season be all for nothing. This team plays Delta to finish the first half of the season.

Langley

A stronger, fitter side again this year with some good additions to the team. "The Crow" to help them squeek out a few more points this year perhaps, and Dude chearleading on the sidelines will probably not hurt as well. Also, rumour has it KNVB has them on a rigid plyomeric schedule.

Chilliwack

Loads of veteran leadership on this side now, with the additions of Mummery, McNiel, and Slaner. All seem to be playing roles in the resurgence of the club. A very offensive team, throwing 3 strikers at opponents in many games making them an exciting team to watch. Bekkar solid in net.

Poco

Obviously going through some growing pains now. The eviction of Osama has brought a new head coach. Poco seem to be trying to find their identity, as well as score more goals, while relying on strong defense. This will be the key to them rising in the standings...or not.

Delta

Well managed side, also trying to deal with some changes, and missing players. Ormerod in particular. Also lack of commitment from key veteran defender (Kerr) has left them weaker at the back. New young additions up front, as well as sharing time in goal have been good for them.

GEU

The curse of winning! As many sides do, GEU have found it difficult to follow up on an amazing year last year. An extremely poor start, highlighted by an embarrassing 6-2 loss to GN, has put the team in the spotlight, and forced many to ask the question: Can they compete for a title this season. The addition of Sully has been a non-factor thus far, serving only to give more voice to an already vocal side.

Whalley

Finding their way through their first campaign in the bigs! A nice start led to a few losses. Look for this team to finish bottom third, no higher than mid-table. Not bad for their first year. Strength in the Tesoni brothers up front, and hairy greek lad in the back??? Not much else worth mentioning about this side, other than the fact that they seem to actually play well together, which could go a long way in making other teams drop points against them.

SUFC

A side with some impressive individual talent, but no gel to incorporate them together as a team. This group could however, surprise an opponent if they are underestimated. Also, the addition of two defecting GN players may help them in the latter half of the season. In tough to avoid relegation.

Lions

A fine line between winning and losing in the Premier league, and this team seems to find themselves on the wrong side of the line. Serious relegation problems ahead if they cannot find a way to steal some points soon. The loss of Lion up front is a devestating blow, which they may not be able to recover from.

There are 6 weeks left until Christmas or 18 points. Some teams may have 1 make up game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who have never seen this it's called a bookie event. There is an entire section dedicated to professional games on the main page if you fancy enough to look for it. Skip decided to bring a little bit of the 'big time' to the FVSL and let you guys bet on 'Who will be king of the school yard?' come the Christmas break.

You can all see your token totals on the left hand side by your name and you can bet as much or as little on the team you feel will be league leaders. Remember, this isn't a poll and those tokens don't come back (unless you win) so bet wisely not with you heart. (There is an option to hide your bet from the public for those of whom are perhaps high ranking and important FVSL officials or just Kevin Uppal. Just click the box that says hide your bet)

Different odds for different teams any questions post them here and we'll answer them ASAP.

The Betting ends Friday night at 9:00pm

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your bets in guys. Only today and until tomorrow at 9:00 to do so.

I see there is already a few 'bag of dicks' who don't want their PAU bets shown. Probably LFC's mole.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the fixtures I don't know if PAU is a safe bet. They have Poco, Chilliwack in the whack, Delta who they have a tough time with then LFC. They won’t get a break until they have to face the hopeless Lions Dec 3.

Langley looks a bit better, but still must face Poco and a big 6 point game vs. the Nation in the same time frame.

The Whack are my long shot with a shot. They have the advantage making PAU catch the red eye out to Chilliwack (6 point game) then they only have IMO, punching bags in that same Dec 3 time frame. With of course the exception of a hit and miss GEU game this weekend. At $2.25 to the buck I think they’re a great bet.

3000 on the Whack!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your wagers in boys. Only 35 hours until the betting windows close.

The tokens are free (you cheap CNUTS!), and the more you post, the more you accumulate. So, even if you make a dumb bet (read Langley), you can always re-acquire tokens.

Tokens are great! I mean, just the other day I bought a bag of dicks with some!! ..........errrrr.........was that my outside voice? Just kidding. :(

~S

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. Scheduled and make up games up until *I think* Dec 10th it is. Whenever the league takes it's Christmas break. For the most part you all play on Turf so there should be a pretty equal amount of games played. BUT, I can't do anything about it if teams are one or two games short come the break.

BTW, in the event of a point total tie with equal games played between the tied parties... goal difference will take over.

Good question, 65. Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 Grand on my White Rock Brothers, have to go with them, I may be asking for a try-out sooner than later.

I guess I should get on the VMSL Version, should be up and running next week, If we beat Slurrey on Friday Night.

hos

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: HOS to shut out KNVB

Good bet HOS... Glad to see you're betting with your head and heart... Seeing your signature I must admit, after 6 beers I once said you were a good keeper, just really mis-understood!!! ;)

I don't fancy playing in Chilliwack at - degree temperatures, but still think a draw will work as we will un-doubtably thrash Langley two weeks later!!! :eek: :D

PAUnotthebestoddsbutcertainlythesmartbet... :cool:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid question, maybe stupid person. What are these tokens? What else are they good for? How are they accumalated?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tokens are what you accumulate when you post. 15 tokens for a post and (unfortunately diabolical or not.) you 'earn' 20 for starting a new thread. I think you also get .5 or something if someone posts in your new thread. What the idea behind them is, is to reward people for posting and starting new conversations. What they're used for is still in the works... Bookie events like this, draws, discounts, bag of dicks, arcade etc...

More announcements for the usefulness coming soon but they will be 'worth' something to you soon.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
...bag of dicks...

How much is this "bag of dicks" you speak of...?

I put some dosh on us... hopefully we can go through the top of the batting order coming up... then it's smooth sailing :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just 6 hours remaining to get your wager in boys!!

Come on, lets see who has some serious cahonies!! Great odds on the Sikhs! :D

~S

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, with the only other game with any sort of significance to this thread being cancelled, I guess we can settle this.

KNVB, I assume that Langley are the leaders at Christmas break, despite the tied point totals???? They have the better head-to-head record, as well as the better stats with games in hand. :(

or.....

Do we wanna carry this baby over into January! .......and give Ol' Skip a chance to get his 5 G's back?!! :D

Premier Division # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 LUFC United 11 7 4 0 23 10 25
2 Peace Arch United 13 8 1 4 29 19 25
3 Chilliwack Rapids 11 6 4 1 32 15 22
4 DMU United 11 5 3 3 24 18 18
5 PoCo City Dominion 12 5 3 4 21 17 18
6 GN Sporting Club 12 6 0 6 24 27 18
7 GEU Ultra 13 5 2 6 26 26 17
8 Whalley Storm 11 3 2 6 13 21 11
9 Sikh United Red Devils 13 2 2 9 13 41 8
10 North Delta Lions 13 2 1 10 12 23 7

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Yes. Scheduled and make up games up until *I think* Dec 10th it is. Whenever the league takes it's Christmas break. For the most part you all play on Turf so there should be a pretty equal amount of games played. BUT, I can't do anything about it if teams are one or two games short come the break.

BTW, in the event of a point total tie with equal games played between the tied parties... goal difference will take over.

Good question, 65. Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people.
for skip to read...

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Son-of-a........ :D

I guess now we all understand why you played so poorly against Langley last weekend, and let them get the point. ;)

~Not Bitter

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Son-of-a........ :D

I guess now we all understand why you played so poorly against Langley last weekend, and let them get the point. ;)

~Not Bitter

What are these tokens we so cherish good for? Seriously, no piss take?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0