Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie Evevt] Game 3 - Canucks vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Place your bets...cause here we go again!!

Who will get the win today?

What Canucks team is going to show up?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game to watch last night!

Didn't look good for the first 30 minutes or so and TBH, I didn't think the 'Nucks would pull it out after the Stars got the lead.

Hanson is a stud... where's this guy been all year?!?!?

Item for discussion: How lame is the Dallas crowd?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game last night.

I truly also thought they were going to lose last night after the first goal, they were getting outplayed and the bounces didn't seem to be going there way.

Two side notes....Every game I watch now Turco amazes me on how good he really is with the puck. Canucks got lucky a few times last night on line changes as Turco is able to pass tape to tape to the other blueline.

Also did anyone else notice how big of a panzy Nagy is, everytime he was on the ice he was flopping, holding his face. I was hoping Willie Mitchel was going to drop him.

Canucks will take a 3-1 lead tommorow night

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree last night was huge, but man...what a tough game to watch up until the 3rd started. Turco makes it that way, being as good as he is on the dump ins and distribution. He eliminates 2/3rds of the fore check / offensive zone puck-possession game the 'Nucks are able to create against most teams. That, and once the 'Nucks do gain the Zone, they seem to be limited to cycling, and few good chances.

But, they did prove that pure doggedness and hard work will eventually pay off, that in time they will break through the coverage.

Also, before the end of this series, Turco will make an error on one of those dump ins that will cost his team a goal. Last night he nearly cost them when for the second time (the first being game 1, when he was given a penalty on Bullis when he strayed too far from the net to play a puck) he made a dangerous play handling the biscuit. I think it was in the 3rd when he played the puck across his crease, and one of the forwards (Nazzy I think) nearly picked it off.

Finally, for the first time I think ever I am happy with the leadership Naslund is showing. He is unequivocally the Canuck's hardest working skater. He has abandoned the perimeter game that he used to play in previous playoff appearances, and has embraced a Steve Yserman like work effort. The guy is the straw stirring the drink right now, and I hope he makes me eat my words on a Swede not being able to lead a team to the Cup.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with you Dude...Nasland has by far been the best Canuck on the ice for the first 3 games. Oh..and when did we pick up this Bulis guy? Was he a call up for the playoffs? I do not remember seeing him during the regular season! Oh well...our call ups of Bulis and Hansen have been doing wonders for the work ethic of this team so far.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, for the first time I think ever I am happy with the leadership Naslund is showing. He is unequivocally the Canuck's hardest working skater. He has abandoned the perimeter game that he used to play in previous playoff appearances, and has embraced a Steve Yserman like work effort. The guy is the straw stirring the drink right now, and I hope he makes me eat my words on a Swede not being able to lead a team to the Cup.
Agreed. Naslund was a straight up stud last night. Diving for loose pucks and buzzing around like I don't think I've ever seen from him. He stood out last night for the first time in a long time. Great to watch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree to agree on the Nazzy shout... hitting, cutting across the middle with the puck... great to see!

Anyone know what Cooke's status is? He would make a huge impact on this series I think...

Dude,

Daniel :knvb: was the forward who just missed picking off Turco's pass in front of the net.

Cheers,

~Regs.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about linden's big hit on Stu Barnes..... Didnt' look that bad... but barnes had to go walk it off in the walkway area....

Is this hansen kid related to gus hansen from teh WPT... .these danish kids!!

Good game.... ON to game 4....

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fckuen hell.... it was sydor..... at first i thought it was churla.... :rolleyes:

I love the croatian moonshine!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0