Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP March Madness 2005 Pool

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, that was an ugly opening round for me :mad: I suppose it could be worse... unlucky One Dart :D

Syracuse hurts as I had them into the Final Four.

My only chance at winning this thing now relies on an Illinois Championship over the Tar Heels and have Duke and UConn lose soon (sorry Luch) :D

Pool site is updated.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Syracuse hurts a bit, had them going to the Sweet 16, but Kansas hurts a little more going to Elite 8.

Listen to me, i still think i have a chance to win this.
:rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes. Had the Orange going to the Final Four. Thank you very much, TJ Sorrentine.

Having the Bison of Bucknell knock off Kansas was great to watch, even if it kinda screwed with my picks. Bucknell play in the Patriot League, the only NCAA Div-1 conference that doesn't offer students athletic scholarships. All the kids on the team are either on academic scholarship or paying their own way. So it was nice to see a team like that have some success.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When i heard the story of the Vermont coach having his last year of coaching and never having won a tournament game i thought they might put in a little extra effort but knocking of Syracuse was not a pick i would have even made.

Anyone else get killed by the Syracuse/Kansas losses, besides Luch?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get me picks in for this year's pool. However, Regs knows that UCONN are my school of preference (Ah.. nickel drinks, Thursdays at Thumpers) when CCSU don't get into the tourney :( . As sensei pointed out, good to see Kansas fall, now if only Iowa St. could pull off the same stunner... :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn Gonzaga. Missed the second half of that game. They obviously blew it.
Looks like Oklahoma is in tough too.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm taking an absolute beating in the Austin bracket. The whole thing is fcuked. Two of my elite 8 picks in Oklahoma and Syracuse are done...I had an Orange-Sooners final in Austin, and now it looks like a Duke-Kentucky affair, unless Utah has something to say about it.

Gonzaga didn't do me any favours either, although I only had them as a sweet 16 team, nothing further. From what I recall skimming through the player picks, Zaurinni had Texas Tech going to the sweet 16 and beyond...if's that's correct, then well done to Fil. Excellent sleeper pick.

Anyways, all gambling stuff aside, last night's action was excellent. I was getting worried about the lack of drama the first day and a half provided - no upsets, few tight games at the buzzer - but Friday night really stole the show. Bucknell and Vermont getting wins, ODU pushing Michigan St., Lafayette throwing a scare into Rick Pitino...all made for excellent watching. The 'Cuse-Vermont OT and the last three minutes of Bucknell-Kansas were both TRE-MEN-DOUS finishes.

War Miss. St. knocking off Duke tomorrow,
-Sensei.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm taking an absolute beating, period. Although 7 of my Elite 8 are still in it. Damn choking Kansas!
:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 OT takes out Wake Forest. Phenomenal day of basketball today. Can't wait for tomorrow. If it's raining i'll be missing the Pak Cup games and staying home for hoops.

Regs, you haven't updated the pool yet and the last game was over at least 15min ago!!!
I'm a little excited as i think i might be out of last now...........or maybe not.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the words of Captain Shitpicks:

"Thanks for coming out"

War having two of your final four picks not even surviving the week-end,
-Me.

ps - We've had a #2 seed, three #3 seeds and a #4 seed all get bounced. And the tournament is only three days old. Yikes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
War moving up 10 spots on the day :D

Great game to end the day... how many clutch 3's ?!?!?! WOW!

Standings updated.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else get killed by the Syracuse/Kansas losses, besides Luch?

Yeah, I think that hurt a little bit. :mad:

Sensei, I too am very impressed by the braniacs from Bucknell. Good on them. BTW, they can bend me over anytime they want too! Kansas did have the Laetneresque opportunity as time ran out only to have the dumbass come up short. Missed the action today, couldn't bring myself to watch it.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic game in tourney history today As the Deamon Deacons get knocked off by the Mountaineers. Fcuked me completely but a magic game i was happy to see.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though they didn't deserve to win that game, anyone else think that Wake Forest got a couple of bad calls against them in the last few minutes? Like the carry call on the point guard. I mean, come on, who calls a carry anymore, let alone in the last minute of a close game!
And then the charging call where the guy was following beside the WK player down the key! Unless the rules have changed, i thought they had to be standing still to take a charge?

My point is.........I'M NOT IN LAST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 North Carolina State -65
2 Connecticut - 62

Well that was a disasterous day.... :(. Go Huskies... Washington.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Even though they didn't deserve to win that game, anyone else think that Wake Forest got a couple of bad calls against them in the last few minutes?
:)

they had a couple of bad calls go against them but i thought they were lucky to get to both overtime and double overtime with West Virginia having chances to win both times and an incredible block and a rim out layup both saving the Demon Deacons. West Virginia deserved the win as they had by far the best player in overtime (Gansey) who seemed unable to miss. Downey hit some bombs for WF to keep them in it but in the end the foulouts of Paul and Gray were to much to try and overcome.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somehow, I'm still alive for a top-three finish. Here's hoping Lousiville, Wisconsin and Michigan State all win their sweet-16 games this upcoming round. Having UM-Wisconsin take out Illinois would be helpful as well.

No games until thursday, feel like I'm lost.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of 18 poolsters, we have 3 people who have paid.

Cheques should have been mailed a week ago.

It is up to you to either make the payment or face denied access to the site here. If you have not mailed your payment yet, I suggest you contact me pronto before the pool is cancelled and monies received so far are returned.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on cheapskates. I'm in last place and i still payed my money.

If this continues, we'll never have another pool on this site again........period.
It becomes a waste of Regs' or anyone who starts a pool here's time.

FORK IT OVER YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0