Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Turf Fields

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts on the Turf

I must say, when I first came to Burnaby, I was well chuffed that we had our home games and training were on the turf. On the day, the surface is brilliant to play on...but after 3 years on it...my body is broken. As much as river way will have a river running through it by mid season, I couldn't be happier have our home games on grass.

My question is this...if 2 years of playing on the turf has done this much damage to myself (and many other players on the Caps), what effect is it going to have on the young kids playing on it for the next 5- 10 years? My feeling is that they will all be retired by the age of 22!!!

~Notty

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Notty,

When I play on the turf my joints and muscles take a lot longer to recover. I find this to be very hard on the body. I'm glad I am not one of those kids starting out now. I see doctors and physio's licking their lips at all the ligaments and tendons they will get to fix.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At club I

Notty,

you must not have been offered the same deal that Regs was. Clearly the Captain plays favorites.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Captain and Regs could offer were the green hoops and bad Richmond fields. Now to tie this all in to the topic at hand, I would rather play on the turf than South Arm, Manoah Steeves or any of those sh_te Richmond fields!:rolleyes:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's not the turf...

Notty,

It could also be that you are just getting old...;)

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's new Turf

New West is now talking about a new Turf field.

That should be great news for Sapp and WAB who has always loved the turf. :rolleyes:

I think that someone (SoccerCity ect...) should really look into the matter and find out whether it's the footwear we wear or what that makes most of us oldtimers so debilitated afterwards.

I personally like the turf. Then again, after 3 season's of playing on the Port Moody turf, I wear 6 stud style aluminum blades with cushioned insoles that allow for a bit of slip. Some field managers don't like them but that's another story that I won't go into. :mad:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonesy,

on a completely unrelated note:

local richmond rag ran a picture in yesterday's paper in which your studs up tactics are on full display. the look on your mug though suggests you may have taken the ball in the nads....

your fellow tigercat alum;)

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Jason.

Someone faxed it to me and I nearly pissed myself. Not one for the scrapbook. It's not even my good side! At least the stripes make me look slim! :rolleyes:

Cheers

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
vertical stripes are slimmig...

notty,

can't find the picture online. mental image will have to do....stand in front of a mirror (it is jonesy, so you may have to take an knee), lift and extend a peg and put a look on your face like you've done one, all of or combination of the following:

a) swallowed a lemon
b) just potted an O.G.
c) taken one in the nads

the look is remarkably similar for all of the above so you should get the picture.:p

jonesy, my mom still has a scrapbook. i'll be cutting this one out. should make her day.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0