Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

U21 U-21 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy-K

Feb 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCBRT United ‘U-21’-

Coquitlam Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves-

Croatia SC ‘U-21’

EDC FC Burnaby'U-21"-

Guildford FC ‘U-21’-

Norvan FC ‘U-21’-

Richmond TSS Olympics 'U-21'-

Rino’s Vancouver SC ‘U-21’-

Surrey United ‘U-21’-

Vancouver United ‘U-21

West Van FC ‘U-21’-

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver United is new as well. They are CAT'd to the VUFC A open div 2 team and the VUFC WS Rangers in div 1 masters

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know who the top team will not be. Coquitlam Metro-Ford. They have already dropped out!

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF lost their u21's? That's surprising as they have been in PCSL u21 and of course lots of u21 success. Thought they would use u21 to give their u18/17 kids in BCSPL a run out.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza whats going on with CMF power house as they used to be. Since they formed HPL all levels are going for a crap. In youth. North Van made one club out of four. Before they used to have four gold teams running in North Van now onley one. Over fifty kids are pushed to play silver soccer. Do you think that's development. HPL, MSL, Gold and S1 are all equal. Each team has five players at that level. Rest are fill in spots. I am not surprized that CMF is droped out.
PCSL is open to all the players. Much better development. Even Caps send their kids to get the games in. This Provice is all over the place with all these leagues. I am sure BC Soccer will soon sit down with many guys and stop all this going on.
No kids will never endup on Caps unless all this is formed in to one League.
We have to form BC U21 league for all the kids from here to Abby. Than we will develop kids at higher level. All learning from each other.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza whats going on with CMF power house as they used to be. Since they formed HPL all levels are going for a crap.

Delusional as usual Base! Why do you always post about things you don't have a clue about? Why not just ask instead of just making things up out of your head? Opinions are fine but don't state them as facts. It make you look like such a twat!

A combination of CMF's '95's and '96's just won Nationals at U18 this past month and the '94's won bronze at nationals last year (the '92 won nationals 2 years previously). This past season, the U15's also won provincials with all their BCSPL boys teams making the playoffs (top 4). Maybe more importantly, they also supplied the Whitecaps Residency with more players again this year. We also had players play in Italy, Germany, England and one very young player who's currently training with FCBEscola Barcelona youth program.

The reason we didn't run a U21 team this season is for a couple of reasons. Quite a few of the graduating players over the last 4 years that played BCSPL and Select before that have found their way to playing at college and university around the province, country and continent while others graduated right into the Wolves men's premier team.

As for the very good U21 team from last year, the coach from last year was offered more money to coach at another club near by and most of the players who didn't graduate into the Wolves Premier team or went on to college or university moved with him. Because the club had so many graduating players from the '95 team off at university/college (one went on to represent Canada at the U18 level), they didn't feel they "had to" field a team with players from outside the club just to expose this years U16/17/18's to men's soccer from week to week. They just get called up to the Wolves Premier team now for training and games.

To base your delusional statement of a clubs development on whether they play in a very, very average U21 league is laughable especially when you don't have the facts!

Last edited:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delusional as usual Base!
As for the very good U21 team from last year, the coach from last year was offered more money to coach at another club near by and most of the players who didn't graduate into the Wolves Premier team or went on to college or university moved with him. Because the club had so many graduating players from the '95 team off at university/college (one went on to represent Canada at the U18 level), they didn't feel they "had to" field a team with players from outside the club just to expose this years U16/17/18's to men's soccer from week to week. They just get called up to the Wolves Premier team now for training and games.

To base your delusional statement of a clubs development on whether they play in a very, very average U21 league is laughable especially when you don't have the facts!

djones, if Base is delusional about something that is about the quality of PCSL which he obviusly supports (and obviously he should not be making comments about MF without knowing the facts and especially should not ask a guy who has nothing with MF for an oppinon about MF). I personally think that PCSL should not even exist and what we need is a change in a soccer calendar in BC. It is better to have break during December and January (and eventually organize small side indoor tournaments or even leagues) than in July and August.

Re your comment "They just get called up to the Wolves Premier team now for training and games". I think that a big club like MF should always have U-21 team although you think it is just an average league. It is average for exactly that reason: bigger clubs even do not field a team (like MF this year), smaller clubs do not have enough young players to field a competitive team. I do not know the situation at MF this year but if younger players (who just gradutated from youth soccer) are being called up to play the games for a Premier team does not that create issues with some "older" guys? Competition is good, of course, but how many players one team (in this case MF Premier) should have on a roster?

I still remember MF U-21 team (3 years ago, maybe!?). That was a great team to watch and I know a lot of people who were coming just to watch that team. I remember (not by name) several players who probably could have played for MF Premier team that year. Are they still with MF? Or, did they move somewhere else (because they did not maybe get a chance to play for Premier team; that must be another problem for a club when they have to deal with one talented generation; simply, too many good players and all of them do not get a chance to play Premier). Your thoughts re this - thank you!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL I see you don't like me. I do have a beer or two. But that' about it. PCSL is a btter league. It's played in the summer like rest of the Provice and rest of the country. Did you see todays scores. Croatia 15 CCFC 0 whaty a frack. That's your select players. West Van beat someone 11 to zeto.
Come on you guys think you are god gift to soccer. Eversince Willy left you guys are up and down like yoyos.
You have to develop your own players. Getting kids from all over the place is nothing more than just waste of time. At U18 they go and play with their friends.
You are better off to put a club in div three that play in U21. Premier clubs sighn 20 players, do you think they need kids from U21. maybe one or two once a month. university guys will be done soon. U21 will not even be called up. RC you are as good as your last game.
Living in past is just a talk frack. Today and on is what's all it's about.
U21 should be two Groups. A for HPL players B for Gold players. With out that you are going to see scores like today. Total distruction to soccer.
You sould like North Van guys. They killed four U18 gold teams made one. Rest of the players they sent to S1 and they call it development. My man tomany dop heads are running soccer here. You are better off to play in S1 or Div three than to loose 15 zip ten zip and on.
Stop and think. BC U21 group A from Here to Kelowna than you have all the players in BC playing good level soccer. Same for B group.
In four year we will have tons of good players. Loosing 15 zip they all quit.
You remind me of big Bob. Make money forget about development. Email National coach and ask him what he think about our development and you will see clear picture.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL I see you don't like me. I do have a beer or two. But that' about it. PCSL is a btter league. It's played in the summer like rest of the Provice and rest of the country.

Mr Base, it is not about me liking you or not (after all, I do not know you personally and I really have nothing against you; without you it would be really boring here).

It is just strange to me that you are promoting PCSL anytime you get a chance although it is quite logical that soccer calendar in BC should have been changed long time ago (in which case PCSL would not even exist). When you ask around you just cannot get an asnwer why soccer in BC is played basically during fall and winter while it would be actually logical to play it during spring, summer, and most of fall. I heard a lot of interesting guesses (other sports are played during spring and summer so soccer HAS to be played during winter is the most interesting one; to be honest, quite ridiculous one, especially if you prefer soccer over other sports; and we wonder why Canada is so low on FIFA list; it all basically starts at the grass roots level).

When it comes to development it must be, of course, done at younger age and for that reason a ridiculous out of district rule must be gone. If that rule was gone quite a few ethnic clubs could have their own youth teams. In such case every club would logically have an adult team too (meaning also that every Premier/Div 1/Div 2 league teams would be affiliated with youth soccer clubs which is impossible now due to that out of district rule in youth soccer).

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC no direpect to anybody. But ethinc teams in Canada are actualy hurting Canadian program. They all came here to make a better living, what is the reason to for ethnic teams? There is no reason. They are all Canadians. Now lets work on Canada getting better not little gang fights.
Soccer here lacks direction. In my opinuion all these little throns are just way of cantrol of a big picture. What the hell is over thirty five and over forty got to do with development. All they do is take field time. Three kids teams practice on the field at the same time. How the hell will you develop attcak on third of a field. Kids here don't have pride and don't give a dam. Soccer is an outing. Only about ten percent realy wat to be soccer players and work very hard at it. If we played in the summer we would hale third less kids but we would have fifty percent better players.
Hockey players use soccer for fitness, they realy do not care about the sport.
We are all over the place with soccer here. That's the reason our National side hurts. When you have Caps Toronto and Montreal and you have five Canadian kids playin on those three teams. We have huge problem. First of all all those clubs forget who pays. U21 is way late for development.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Croats are blaming a coach for their last 5 zip loss against the West Van. First team takes few better players as they need it. In my opinion nothing is wrong with that. U 21 should be the feeder system to premier sides. Cat sytem should be trashed.
Big clubs will do alot better in two years as they have way more players capable at that level. For most it is about athletic ability. If one club has more guys that can motor around the pitch, good results will show.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC no direpect to anybody. But ethinc teams in Canada are actualy hurting Canadian program. They all came here to make a better living, what is the reason to for ethnic teams? There is no reason. They are all Canadians. Now lets work on Canada getting better not little gang fights.

Ethnic teams cannot hurt Canadian program because, first of all, Canadian program literally does not exist and, secondly, ethnic teams (at this moment) have just a few Premier/Div 1/Div 2/Div 3 teams (here in BC). They are not influential at all.

This country needs a little bit of that "ethnic soccer" element otherwise it will be always the same group of people at BCSA and CSA doing what they have been doing for decades (nothing, really, which shows if you analyze Canadian national soccer program, results, etc). It is too nice getting well paid for basically a part time job and not being accountable for the results.

When it comes to players being paid at VMSL level I am really not worried about that. I personally would not play in an amateur league for a team that pays other players (and not me) and sooner or later such payments are going to cause more damage than any good. The only issue really is how significant those amounts are and what CRA is doing (CRA should start auditing some of those individuals and clubs to see how money is spent). At the end, some technical directors with some bigger clubs (MF, SU) are paid for their job (as technical directors), they pay their taxes, and they play for their clubs (employers, in fact).

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting paid to play for an amateur soccer team isn't taxable income - I guess. Unless over a certain amount, I guess? However, if the money is coming from a youth club organization NFP to pay that same player then....well, gloves are off I suppose in regards to tax issues. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0