Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps vs L.A. Galaxy

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Wolfgang and I are having our tix refunded...

seen Beckham w/ Madrid vs DC United.

This will be a terrible game, glamour friendlies are never any good, especially when two pish teams are playing...nothing glamourous about this one. Beckham has played how many games of late? How many have the Caps played? Oh yeah, they just lost to the residency team 2-0...and they have no Manager as of right now...

Any more than $40 a tick for this is a rip off, and I am a big proponent of the Whitecaps and what they are trying to get accomplished for Soccer in Vancouver.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two boys are over the fcuking moon that it's back on.

Good enough for me for them to say they got to see a world class player in his day.
The atmosphere I'm sure will be great.

I can't wait to take them and events like this are a start to bringing the game on a bigger scale to this city.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, RF my kid is chuffed.

Beckham isn't here to entertain the like of us it's all about the kids, the average or non fan that thinks he has cool “cleats” . It’s also the excitement of having a global "star" presence in the city and how that interest can possibly benefit the game of football in N. America.

The kids don't know Posh only slept with him because she heard how well he can bend his balls…

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear what you guys are saying about the kids blah blah blah, but really does anyone really think this is a world class event or player for that matter at this point? This reeks of NASL failure and Lenarduzzi clinging to some fantasy that this will kickstart MLS talk in this town. Forget it Lenard...it aint gonna happen. I'd be shocked to see more than 20 000 people go this at this point given the state of the "star" in questionh, and the local team. Absolute shambles

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right... I'm not going to lie, I'm just going to berate Landon Donavan for every second he's on the pitch.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, yesterday on the news "Lenard" was qouted as saying there was 40,000 tickets sold so far and only a handful of refunds had been asked for! It's only 2 weeks away and I say with the media hype that will happen with this you can expect a crowd of around 47,000. I agree with what others have said about the level of soccer going to be shite though!:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Bronco- it's all about you.

Anyone who expected to see high quality football for this when it was first announced is a full blown idiot. This is about nothing more than promoting the game w/ the biggest star (like it or not) leading the parade. It is also about showing the MLS that there is real interest here in Vancouver.

Bronco- go make yourself usefull and kick a city worker.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play about 6 years with Kevin Harmse. It will be nice to see him on the pitch as he plays with the Galaxy.

I'[m excited about watching this game, but I paid $150 with taxes included for 2 tickets on the 50 yard line, 2nd level. Kinda steep!

Hopefully it will be a good game!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play about 6 years with Kevin Harmse. It will be nice to see him on the pitch as he plays with the Galaxy.

I'[m excited about watching this game, but I paid $150 with taxes included for 2 tickets on the 50 yard line, 2nd level. Kinda steep!

i thought u were in net. FuK this noise. i want my money back:mad:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
When?

He hasnt been around (playing pro) for at least four years, prior to that he was playing with Inter (two years)...

You guys played U 11 together?

busted. gonna have to bring out the buzzer for this one

Attachments

• bullshit-button.jpg
    bullshit-button.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 91

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I saw David Beckham on tv...is that the same

name dropping rules!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said he played with Harmse for 6 years, maybe he played u-10 to u16 with him?

I love busted name droppers...

nice easy button Polska...I like it!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I once talked to Regs on the phone...
I once was in the same building as Roberto Carlos
I was once shook the hand of Shaquille O Neal
Pavel Bure gave me his autograph

;) list goes on....

Back on topic, I love how during the game against Pachuca that Bex was hurt in, the announcer called Harmse the "Canadian Enforcer on the Galaxy Squad" :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0