Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VBookie] -Stanley Cup Finals 2006- Edmonton vs Carolina

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game One

That sucks.

Someone should send the police to Conklin's house for protection tonight.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Game One

Keeper said:
That sucks.

Get used to that Roloson is done for the playoffs.....can I change my pick:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Game One

Keeper said:
That sucks.

Yeah, definately Conklin's fault. Probably his fault they blew the original 3-1 lead to then?

:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winnipeg fans egg their kickers house, and you honestly think that Edmonton fans won't see that goal as the major fcuk-up of the game?

Was the loss completely his fault? No, of course not -- but coughing that up in the last 30 seconds is sure going to attract some finger pointing.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winnipeg fans also dump manure on their kickers neghbours front lawn. What is your point?

Reminded me of when old Harold gave the puck up to Bossy in game one way back in '82.

Why in Gods name is Bob Cole doing the play by play when Jim Hueghson is sitting at home doing nothing?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why in Gods name is Bob Cole doing the play by play when Jim Hueghson is sitting at home doing nothing?
Last name recognition. You can't have a guy in there whose last name, half the TTP population can't even spell. It's so simple, I'm surprised you (and the rest of TEAM 1040) even had to ask.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree w/ B-Mac's opinion this morning that Cole's call on the final flurry on the Carolina net was great. Resonated complete excitement, and the speed that it was hapenning.

Cole way be a senile idiot, but he's a lovable senile idiot.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of which: that last, 3.2 second save by Ward was fantastic. Not completely on par with McLean's '94 vs. Calgary, but it was pretty fcuking good.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding...

How about Ryan Smyth? Think he'll be practicing his shot today? About 4 glorious opportunities, not counting two where he PASSED instead of taking the open shot. Passes get intercepted or Ward makes the save, and the Hurricanes go right back down the ice and score on the counter.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And of individual efforts....

As good as Edmonton are in blocking shots, Glen Wesley sure showed 'em all a thing or two. Christ, that guy's got guts. I wonder how big that bruise is today. :eek:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Was the loss completely his fault? No, of course not -- but coughing that up in the last 30 seconds is sure going to attract some finger pointing.

I'm not sure if you can really blame Conklin for the cough-up - I think some of the blame has to go to the defender who was behind him. Why wasn't he yelling his head off with less than 30 seconds to go to let Ty know he was there and where the puck should go.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I'm not sure if you can really blame Conklin for the cough-up - I think some of the blame has to go to the defender who was behind him. Why wasn't he yelling his head off with less than 30 seconds to go to let Ty know he was there and where the puck should go.

I know it was loud in that building and maybe it was my "for fcuk sakes, Cloutier, stay in your net" inner-Canucks voice talking, but I swear I heard someone say "leave it" as Conklin went behind the net. You could just see the play developing. There's no doubt Smith was screaming something, and it wasn't "here, bank it off my stick without looking".

Goalie's fault all the way. He panicked.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't the betting on this item be closed now that the series is 1-NIL and Edmonton is missing a goalie?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should, but as in previous series, we didn't get the odds till the day off... which meat we let bets go till the next day. Seeing that we are already got a good chunk of betting i will now change the Betting Deadline to 6pm instead of 1130pm.

Werd

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stanley's coming to Maple Ridge!!!! (even though I wanted the Oilers to win) congrat's to Andrew Ladd good ol' Maple Ridge boy

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0