Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Village of Vancouver

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant stuff!

Hope it's being "pitched" to TSN etc.

Any idea how long the Doc is going to be?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bill was the guy that had set up a cross posting thing here on TTP on the Waterfront Stadium news.

IIRC he was doing tons of research etc for the Stadium Now/Friends Of Soccer campaign and was uncovering all kinds of cool stories from WAY back in the day on Soccer in BC, which spawned this documentary if I'm remembering our Pub sit down conversation correctly.

I don't know how long it is, but the guy has worked his arse off on this project for a long time and I'm really happy that he's A)Nearly complete and B)We all get to see this product once it's done.

This is a product I have no problem shelling out for on Itunes or DVD... and I'd encourage anyone that will be looking to get their hands on it to actually buy it or obtain it legally. Not that anyone would do anything different ;)

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Guys..It's Bill Currie. Thanks for the warm feedback and for inviting me by.

This film has been a pet project of mine for a lot of years now. I started in 2004, with the intention of making a film on the emergence of North American soccer culture. As I explored over several months, I kept coming across great stories just in Vancouver alone! From soccer's early beginnings here to the Callister Park era, to the Vancouver Royals, Whitecaps, 86ers to today,,,I didn't need to travel to find North American soccer culture because the best of it was right here!

I put the film on the backburner for four years during the waterfront stadium battle. That effort was intense and time consuming, and I also didn't want there to be any perceived conflict of interest. I also changed jobs and got married during this time. Once it was all settled, I was able to revive the project in 2009, and bring it to the stage we're at today.

Here's some more info on the film. It should be available late November...it will be around 90 minutes (likely more). I'm going the film festival / home video route on this, as the cost of delivering for television is not worthwhile for this project. The rough cut scene above is likely the only one I'll make public prior to release. I've funded this myself, and I'm certainly not expecting to become one of these typical millionaire documentary makers ;-). (P.S....if you're daughter ever tells you she's marrying a documentary maker...)

I should point out that it's primarily a Vancouver soccer movie...not a Whitecaps-specific film (They've cooperated greatly on the film, but it's not a complete retrospective of their history). I've also had fantastic help from the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame.

Anyhow...that's all I've got for now. BTW...if anyone has any home movies of soccer from the Callister Park, Empire Stadium or B.C. Place days, I would certainly appreciate your help. Simply get in touch with me at callisterpark@hotmail.com .

Thanks again,
Bill Currie

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a little...most of it belongs to TSN, so it's pretty limited. If anyone has any home movies or home video of the Swangard era, I'd be much obliged.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do have a couple of games video taped by my parents if that helps, Bill? Send me a PM if you want to have a look at them.....

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0