Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL 2004/2005] Important Notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #3

2004/12/07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUP PLAY: There are 4 VMSL Cup Competitions: 1) The Imperial Cup is for ALL Premier Division teams and for the Division 1 teams that wish to participate in it. The four semi-finalists will gain an automatic berth in the Province Cup. 2) The Division 1 Cup is for the Division 1 teams (regular or CAT) that do not wish to participate in the Imperial Cup. 3) The Division 2 Cup is for Division 2 teams. The two finalists will qualify for the Provincial ‘B’ Cup. 4) The Under 21 Cup is for Under 21 teams. The following two rules are extremely important in VMSL Cup Play: 1) The CAT system will not be in effect during Cup play. That means that a player cannot play for any team but the one with which he is registered. 2) The Golden Goal rule will not be in effect in VMSL Cup competitions, as well as in the Provincial Cups. If a Cup game is tied after regulation time, two 15-minute overtime periods will be played. If needed, penalty kicks will be used to determine a winner.

IMPERIAL CUP: The time has come for our Division 1 teams to declare whether they wish to participate in the 2005 Imperial Cup or the Division 1 Cup. The deadline for making this choice is December 31, 2004. If Division 1 teams (regular or CAT) wish to enter the Imperial Cup, they must do so, in writing, by that date. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you wish to enter the Division 1 Cup. If Division 1 teams do not wish to enter ANY cup play, they should notify us, in writing, to that effect.

DIVISION 2 CUP: The Division 2 Cup will lead to the Provincial ‘B’ Cup. The two finalist teams in the VMSL Division 2 Cup will qualify for the Provincial Cup. We need to know—by December 31, 2004—if Division 2 teams (regular or CAT) wish to enter the Division 2 Cup competition. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you are entering the Division 2 Cup. If you do not wish to enter cup play, please write us a short note to that effect. Please note that Division 2 teams are not eligible to enter the Imperial Cup.

UNDER 21 VMSL CUP: At the conclusion of the regular season, the Under 21 teams will be divided into two seeded groups. The teams will then play a round-robin within each group. The two top teams will qualify for the semi-finals. The winners of the semi-finals will then play for the VMSL Under 21 Cup. However, only the final league standings will determine which 4 VMSL Under 21 teams will qualify for the Under 21 Provincial Cup.

TRANSFERS: The transfer deadline is January 15, 2005. The transfer form must be signed by the player, the manager of the outgoing team, the manager of the incoming team, the registrar of the outgoing league, and the registrar of the incoming league. Furthermore, the player’s ID card must be presented to the VMSL office with the transfer form and the $15 transfer fee. Transfers will only be processed on Friday mornings and Saturday mornings—from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.

OFFICE HOURS DURING CHRISTMAS BREAK: The office will be open on Friday, December 10 and Saturday December 11, 2004 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It will not reopen until Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8, 2005. Discipline hearings will be held on Thursday, December 9, Thursday, December 16, 2004 and then not until Thursday, January 13, 2005.

Just want to keep all Informed.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love when Imperial Cup time comes around, there is allways the chance for the BIG Upset, even though we havn't seen one in some time. I liked the set-up of the past, when all the teams in the VMSL entered into the Cup, much like the FA Cup, but I guess some Div. 2 teams got tired of only getting one or two matches, sure was exciting when a Div. 2 team would take a Premier team into OT.

Speaking of OT, I like the new rule for this years Cup, NO Golden Goal or even Silver Goal.

The Golden Goal rule will not be in effect in VMSL Cup competitions, as well as in the Provincial Cups. If a Cup game is tied after regulation time, two 15-minute overtime periods will be played. If needed, penalty kicks will be used to determine a winner.
Just like it was before, makes for an exciting 30 minutes of OT. But what does FIFA do now, I thought it was Silver Goal.

hos

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta agree that it would be far more interesting to have the whole VMSL entered into the Imperial Cup. I remember way back (not sure if they still do) when the FVSL used this format. I think all Premier teams had a bye into the second round and everyone else gutted it out. There was always a Div 2 team that snuck up into the round of 16. If Div 2 teams were complaining of only getting in 1 game in the cup, then maybe they should also have the Div 2 cup as well for all Div 2 teams including the Imperial Cup, but b/c of the weather, this prob isn't possible.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
HOS, as far as I know, FIFA went back to the 2x15 then penos for extra time.

That shows how many Cup games I have been in, in the last few years. The last one that I won in Extra Time, we won 4-3, but on Corner Kicks, now those were the days.

As for the Cup Draw, ya, it was best when there was only one Cup. Div. 3 teams started in round 1, then Div. 2 round 2, Div. 1 round 3, and Premier round 4. So the lower div. teams had to survive the most rounds, but you just didn't know what the draw would do. You never know what can happen in Cup.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #5

02/15/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAGUE CUP RULES
The home team is always listed first.

The home team has the responsibility of preparing the field of play.

The home team must change jerseys in case of a colour conflict.

In case of a tie at the end of regulation time, two 15-minute halves of overtime will be played. If the game is still tied after overtime, the result will be decided by penalty kicks. Please note that the Golden Goal rule will NOT apply in the overtime. There will be no overtime in the Under 21 round-robin. The overtime rule will, however, apply to the Under 21 semi-finals and final.

The officials’ fees are to be shared equally between the two participating teams. It should be noted that games involving Premier Division teams will be officiated by a referee and two assistant referees.

The CAT system will not be in effect during Cup play. Youth players, on permit, will be allowed to play in any VMSL League Cup competition, but are cup-tied to the first team with which they play. In other words, youth players can only play for one VMSL team in league cup competition. They may also play in the Province Cup but, if they do so, they will lose their eligibility to play in the Youth Provincial Cup.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #6

2005-02-22

DISCIPLINE HEARINGS PROCEDURE
Effective immediately, the VMSL Discipline Committee will not divulge the length of the suspension to players that have been expelled from games. Discipline hearings will still be held at 7 p.m. on the Thursday immediately following the ejection. Each Thursday evening, at about 10 p.m. the VMSL website will be updated with the length of each player’s suspension. The rationale for this new procedure is that there have been far too many confrontational remarks and arguments directed at the Discipline Committee. There will be no exceptions to this procedure, whether the suspension is lengthy or not. Furthermore, please remember that only the players that have been expelled may appear before the Discipline Committee. In other words, a player may not be represented by a coach, a manager, a mother, a father, a lawyer, a translator, or anyone else! If the player is unable to attend the discipline hearing, he may write a letter giving his version of the incident in question.

Well it seems the guys down at the office are already looking forward to this Thursday night :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rationale for this new procedure is that there have been far too many confrontational remarks and arguments directed at the Disci pline Committee.
I wonder from where?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if we can get live video over the net to see the hearing. Should be some good stuff coming out of it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #6

2005-02-22

DISCIPLINE HEARINGS PROCEDURE

In other words, a player may not be represented by a coach, a manager, a mother, a father, a lawyer, a translator, or anyone else!

A couple of comments on this, what if a player does not speak english, at all or very well, will this player have a league official there to be the translator.

Second, does it matter if you show up to the meeting or not, when it comes to the length of your suspension, because from what I have seen in the past, players that show up get less of a suspension, than ones that don't, even if the infraction was the same. Tonight should be interesting, hope the league throughs those Slurrey United THUGS out of the VMSL and back to the FVSL were they belong.

hos

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
surrey united thugs

funny you mention that HOS, 'cause we were actually thinking
of changing the club name to SURREY THUGNITED....

WHATCHA THINK???

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

The new rule wasn't put into effect because of TTP (unfortunately) - WA barely knows how to turn on his computer, except for how to write about "young veterans." The real reason is that it's just getting too crowded down there on Thursday nights, especially since with the merger between the VMSL and the WCOTSL, both leagues are now doing business (and discipline) out of there. Add the youth discipline, and a full moon (like Thursday) and it's Take a Number and Stand Outside time.

Aside from that, I guess the committee types were tired of getting yelled at in stereo so often - it's kind of rough on their hearing aids.... :D

beerz,

stew :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0