Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL CAT] Results & Banter

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well they've removed the Div1 and Div2 designations from CAT this year. We're all on B forms and entering the Div 2 Cup, so that should make for an interesting competition. Does it mean the death of the Div 1 Cup?

Can someone from Hurricanes comment on the last minute drop out of their CAT team? It's a bit of a surprise considering their cup run last year, and the fact that they just played in the labour day tourney at bby lake.

Figo76

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I know, their Div 1 team had a bunch of players leave. So they brought some cat guys to the div 1 spot. Also, a bunch of players from CAT formed a team in Div 3. So pretty much it's about lack of bodies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, I heard they are playing as Cleo's FC in Div 3.

The team that got put in CAT A to fill the division, Friends United, is absolutely shocking. They will likely let in 150+ goals this season.

Other than that, I'd say the CAT A division is actually stronger than last year, so kudos to the league for getting us back to a competitive 10-team division. It was pretty lame last year playing everyone 4 times in Div 1 CAT!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league was unable or unwilling to properly schedule CAT games for clubs with a senior team and a CAT team. As a result we won't put in a CAT team next year.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
REALLY, PV? Richmond's seems to be scheduled really well? :confused:

Two years ago, our CAT team would play right after the Premier team. We asked for the same schedule this yer. They said they would try. There are factors working against that, namely few Premier teams have a CAT team and the CAT schedule is 18 games whereas Premier gets 22. We almost never have our CAT team playing right after ou Premier, although the league did schedule our Premier team to play at 2pm in Vancouver and our CAT team at 4pm in New West.
We try to run our CAT team like a reserve team, everyone traisn together, and guys who only play a few minutes in CAT get the full 90 in the CAT game which should be played immediately after the Premier game. We have 6 guys aged 20/21 who are very good, but need a year or two of experience before they are ready to influence Premier games. We hoped the CAT system would help them develop.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, you're leaving out the part where your team is playing out of a park that is closed for half of the season. When the Prem team is getting rescheduled at the last minute to a turf field somewhere, there's no chance of the CAT game following it.

If you could get back-to-back slots at Mercer for home weekends from October through February, you'd see at least half your team's games scheduled the way you want.

Also the 18 vs. 22 games schedules is a moot point for next year as all divisions will have 10 teams.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza you are right. All the cat sides should play on saturday that way players can come out for the A side on sunday. In my opinion cat system is a waste of time. Each senior A side has twenty guys. How many times will they use a cat player.It shoul jus be simple. If your senior side playes in div one your second team has to play in div two or div three. If your A side playes in Premier than your second club should be in div one, two or three.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friends United 2 - 2 Richmond Hibs B :eek:

What the hell is going on with Richmond? :confused::confused:

Captain, can you get vanball on here to give us a match report?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Friends United!!! Couldn't be happier for you guys to have earned your first point of the season...let's see a W before season's end!!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg, you've got your wish.

Last night at Van Tech turf...

Estrella de Chile ‘B’ 3-5 Friends United :eek:

I'm dumbfounded. How is this possible? :confused:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhhhh now that is some good news! I hope they at least THOUGHT about having a drink after notching heir first win! :D

vanball

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friends United 2 - 2 Richmond Hibs B :eek:

What the hell is going on with Richmond? :confused::confused:

Captain, can you get vanball on here to give us a match report?

Hi Dezza - a combination of things - we played with 10 men due to absence, injury and exams -we played with one injured player, and also, we played a team with some new and better players (at least we ground out a tie - they beat Estrella the following week) and finally, the guys are shaking off rust from Xmas - like a lot of teams I might add.

As to Captain's response, gosh, I didn't know he cared so much :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Dezza - a combination of things - we played with 10 men due to absence, injury and exams -we played with one injured player, and also, we played a team with some new and better players (at least we ground out a tie - they beat Estrella the following week) and finally, the guys are shaking off rust from Xmas - like a lot of teams I might add.

As to Captain's response, gosh, I didn't know he cared so much :rolleyes:

Of course I care. We've (members of the club) been told the CAT 'A' team is going to do really well in the Division Two Cup and has a legitimate chance of getting to Provincials. Losing to Friends United kind of threw that theory out the window for me. Having said that, well done on grinding out a tie to a team who had 107 goals scored against them. :rolleyes: :confused: WTF?

vanball

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course I care. We've (members of the club) been told the CAT 'A' team is going to do really well in the Division Two Cup and has a legitimate chance of getting to Provincials. Losing to Friends United kind of threw that theory out the window for me. Having said that, well done on grinding out a tie to a team who had 107 goals scored against them. :rolleyes: :confused: WTF?

Well thanks for the vote of confidence:D
Like I said, we played essentially with 9 guys, and we had 5 starters missing.
They scored one from 35+ yards that Val is still looking for, and I tip my hat, they played much better than previously.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game between Desmesh and Richmond Hibs "B".

2 pretty young teams that could both run and play a similar style. It's too bad really these 2 teams had to meet up so early, as Richmond could have done very well in cup play.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0