Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL "Champions" Division (Spring League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Introducing the VMSL "Champions" Division scheduled for May 1- July 12 (of what I assume would say 2015).

If not enough Prem teams register, will this be scrapped or opened to Div 1 teams? What about FVSL Prem teams?

Discuss!

VAqdrF3.png

9Ll7zZH.png

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At first glimpse at reading Champions Division, I was thinking that the league would be comprised of champions from the top divisions from each league(VMSL, FVSL, Richmond, BMSA etc). Which I think would be interesting but would only end up in lopsided beatings at the end of the day.

Wouldn't this league run at the same time as the pcsl?...maybe a scheduling conflict for players?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the MSA President is also a VMSL Director ... Not too sure why they just don't call this new initiative the VMSL Spring League?

They could copy and run it the same as the FVSL does.

Mandatory match balls and all.

:wa:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well is this a go...how many teams have entered ..does anyone know anything about Champions League

It seems that it was a try to start a very competitive spring/summer league under the umbrella of both (VMSL and MCA). But, after all, that "Champions League" is basically Multicultural League (which is, by the way, organized every spring/summer) OPEN to all teams (Premier, Div 1, etc.). It does not mean that Premier (or Div 1) teams will play in that league; it is just, again, OPEN to al those teams (VMSL Premier Teams usually do not play MC league).

Last I heard is that the league will have 10 teams (those should be the first 10 from the last season http://www.msasoccerbc.com/) so it seems that the "Champions League" did not pick up enough interest among VMSL Premier league teams.
Interestingly enough, nothing under latest news on MCA web site.

Finally, it would be nice if the soccer calendar in this province changed and shifted more towards spring/summer than current autumn/winter. It would be, in that case, aligned with the rest of the country which eventually (one day, who knows!?) could potentially lead to a semi-pro Canadian soccer league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still a bit confused by this whole situation - did no VMSL Premier teams take the bait?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still a bit confused by this whole situation - did no VMSL Premier teams take the bait?
Last I heard there were 5 teams in: Chile, West Van, Inter, Metro Ford & North Delta (FVSL)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice!

@bulljive - can you confirm North Delta is entering the league/division?

That is the intention, we would like to play as high a level as possible. I believe 7 teams are accounted for but details are still being worked out according to my very inside source. Don't quote me but I believe CCB and Norvan may be the other two.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would assume any teams making the BC final 4 would have their first games postponed, no?

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until we can get one league covering lets say a 30 mile (50kms) radius from downtown Vancouver, with a straight relegation and promotion then even thinking of a Canadian league is pure dreamland. Definitely the VMSL is the strongest but if we could insert the best from the FVSL, Richmond,other leagues, and somehow at least one from VISL, (realize that's just over 50km) then we might have a decent competitive league from top to bottom. In the meantime we have lots of committees, players, refs, admin, all pulling in a slightly different way,but all doing their best.. To finance this league I would suggest that all teams, adult, associated to BC soccer within this radius, and including the VISL, pay an extra $20 per team per yr. A rough tally, 250 teams at $20...$5000...and the champions of that league would go to the provincials, ..orrrrr we can stay as we are, play with your mates, not a lot of travelling, and keep hoping !!!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until we can get one league covering lets say a 30 mile (50kms) radius from downtown Vancouver, with a straight relegation and promotion then even thinking of a Canadian league is pure dreamland. Definitely the VMSL is the strongest but if we could insert the best from the FVSL, Richmond,other leagues, and somehow at least one from VISL, (realize that's just over 50km) then we might have a decent competitive league from top to bottom. In the meantime we have lots of committees, players, refs, admin, all pulling in a slightly different way,but all doing their best.. To finance this league I would suggest that all teams, adult, associated to BC soccer within this radius, and including the VISL, pay an extra $20 per team per yr. A rough tally, 250 teams at $20...$5000...and the champions of that league would go to the provincials, ..orrrrr we can stay as we are, play with your mates, not a lot of travelling, and keep hoping !!!

Ghouse is that you?

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There must be others with a similar type view to me, BUT why do people think I am someone else...I have never posted on this forum until 2 weeks ago. Cheers.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forest, I'm with yah. Your right.
Could be coming sooner then you think!
Lots of folks want this and perhaps the right people will push for better.

Go soccer go.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many existing Premier level clubs are tied to a youth organization? How many youth clubs without a senior men's premier team are interested in being involved with one?

If those 2 numbers add up to something like 12 then maybe you're onto something. If not... well, you are destined for failure.

The major barriers to entry for a provincial league are finances and facilities. Both of those things are scarce at the senior men's amateur level, and having one and not the other isn't enough. Just look at Tigers in PCSL who are playing home games at Point Grey and Van Tech Secondary Schools. That's mickey fcuking mouse. Teams are going to catch a ferry or drive up from Kamloops and not have a changeroom or somewhere other than a bush to take a piss. Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0