Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL "Champions" Division (Spring League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of folks want this and perhaps the right people will push for better.

Why would lots of folks want this?

You are coming off of a weekend where SEVEN of eight finalists in the provincials were from the VMSL.

How would a provincial super league benefit them at this time?

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see it tried because having lived in Ontario and watched club soccer there (and I hated Toronto!!) they do have a league system whereby the best teams are in one premier division, around the Toronto area, radius of about 50 miles......so the VMSL did supply 7 of 8 finalists, no disrespect but who really cares about masters, or B cup, and lets be honest if your not playing prem or whatever by the time your 21....well your going to be playing B cup anyway. .....and for all the so called supremacy of the VMSL when you think about it purely on population it should be stronger....hey no problem, it don't make any difference to me personally, but I have been in Canada 20yrs now ( and love it) but the soccer aint getting any better......possibly worse.....and yeah I.ve had a beer!!!

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, read it, give in, surrender, apologise, its not going to fly!!! but reading all that article people were mentioning, splinter leagues, for over 40s 45s, U21s and women, .....forget all those, one league , run in winter, parallel to our current season.....it is the only way forward, OR we just stay were we are. If you wanted I would go for each team having to have 4 U21 players on their team sheet of 16 for every game.....OK, start getting ready for champions league second semi today...would love to see Madrid out, but then again think a Barca Madrid final is only right.,

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So back on topic... MSA "VMSL Champions" League.

Coquitlam Metro Ford have dropped out? 5 teams only now?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB vs North Delta tonight at burnaby lake. Most the teams are a mix of u21 with some first team players. Much better then the other options locally. Competitive games, but still summer league style!
8 game season I believe. With a semi and a final. So up to 10.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the semifinals were played this past weekend (all teams in the league made the semis)

Any one know the results?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could you really call it a "hit"?

I assume is poses essentially the same problems as PCSL. By billing itself as an " elite" league you are asking guys to put in full commitment. As we've said over and over, that's tough enough to get in winter, nevermind summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0