Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happened to watch the NK and Chileans tonight. NK had 5 starters out and on top of that NK is probably the youngest team in the league this year, with, I'm guessing a good 30-40% of the team made up of 18 year olds. Some good young players but with young kids you never know what you are going to get and NK is nothing if not wildly inconsistent this year. Watching a few games I'd venture to say that on any given night they are capable of losing to anyone. But, on any given night, when the team is at full strength, the are also capable of beating most of the teams in the league too.

Tonight the Chileans came out and looked by far the better team, scoring two nice goals early on. But, NKs youngsters started to pour it on and the Chileans looked really dodgy at the back in the final 10 minutes of the half. Two NK breakaways with one hitting the post and the other with the forward beating the Chilean keeper but shooting wide. Should have been 2-2 at the half.

Second half the Chileans came out strong and scored a 3rd on a cross. But, from where I sat the Chilean forward clearly batted the ball into the net with his hand and I thought no goal and red card for sure. But, no call from the ref, causing the NK keeper to go mental and nearly get tossed. Really pivotal call because that would likely have changed the complexion of the game. Having said that, Chile's forwards were proving too much for the young and makeshift NK backline, but, still, I thought the Chilean defense looked vulnerable all game, and to a team that hasn't scored a lot of goals this year.

Chile got another, and then gave up a goal and their players started bickering and arguing with each other, which showed a notable lack of team discipline I thought. Chile got lucky on a late NK breakaway that would have narrowed the score, even though the game was clearly in hand. Chile got a 5th but off the ensuing kickoff NK's forward blasted a Hail Mary from the center circle that the Chilean keeper mishandled and embarrassingly let into the net. So 5-2 and the better team on the night won. But, unless they shore up that defense and get a bit more team discipline and maturity I can't see the Chileans having a ghost of a chance at promotion. Just sayin'

Wow where to start with this post.. Yeah that Chilean backline is incredibly weak, look at the whopping 11 goals they had allowed through 10 games coming into tonight. Astounding how they could be in first place with numbers like that. Also 2 is the most allowed in any single game. Seems like their just getting rung up for goals all over the place. Looks pretty much like the same team from last year, that fell 1 point out of promotion, so your right "a ghost of a chance at promotion" seems spot on Rick. I'm glad you were able to pick out a "notable lack of team discipline" surely this can't exist at this level as the players are paid handsomely to act like professionals. That was a pretty terrible post there Ricky, just sayin'

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, hit a nerve there with the Boss who is clearly so defensive because he knows I'm right. No doubt in the match last night, against a really young team with probably the poorest scoring record in the league your back line looked completely shite every time they were under and sort of pressure whatsoever. I'll stand by my prediction. And the guys on Championship teams learn to play for each other, they don't start lipping each other off at the first sign of stress. If you guys don't get it together you won't go through. I was trying to think of that backline facing the likes of Burke, Dailly, Ganief, or Glanville next year. Are you kidding me?

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A goal being scored with someones hand should be considered a pivital moment in a close game unless you say so?Now take your 15 000 000 posts and cash them in for a life.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, hit a nerve there with the Boss who is clearly so defensive because he knows I'm right. No doubt in the match last night, against a really young team with probably the poorest scoring record in the league your back line looked completely shite every time they were under and sort of pressure whatsoever. I'll stand by my prediction. And the guys on Championship teams learn to play for each other, they don't start lipping each other off at the first sign of stress. If you guys don't get it together you won't go through. I was trying to think of that backline facing the likes of Burke, Dailly, Ganief, or Glanville next year. Are you kidding me?

I think any Div 1 team that is looking at promotion knows full well they can't compete in Premier without some additions. So you can assume that whichever two teams you are seeing in Div 1 this year will not be the same after promotion when they play Prem.

We're half way through the season and it's pretty clear who the contenders are -- Chile, Olympics, and Akal.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

No nerve hit pal, just a pretty short sighted post. Your basing a teams shot at promotion on 1 game, against a team at the bottom of the table? Seems logical to me. Your right though, it was quite evident there was alot of tension after Hrvat pulled within 3 goals with less than 10 to go :rolleyes:. Give me a break, personalties can conflict at times on any team thats not to say they aren't "playing for each other". Dezza is spot on, teams change when they make the jump, so why are you making that comparison now?

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
piv·ot·al /'pivətl/
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or serving as a pivot.
2. Being of vital or central importance; crucial: "Its pivotal location has also exposed it to periodic invasions" (Henry A. Kissinger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0