Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

Oct 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! Lenny. We must have been really lucky to beat you guys after chasing the ball around 75% of the time.:confused: We were real tired too as it takes alot of energy to flop around like a fish.:eek: We gave it all we had to get that one chance that we so luckily converted.:wa: God must be on our side I tell ya.:cool: In fact he would be playing you guys cause basically you are rotten miserable lot as your post confirms.:bronco::bronco::bronco:

Dont play on the tracks. You will get flattened.:D:D:D

Thanks for reiterating the point I was making in my post ... you guys got lucky to beat us.

And God wasn't on your side on Friday, the ref was.

"Don't play on tracks"? Have to assume that's some sort of rap reference, which is just weird in this context and doesn't deserve further comment.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the final score in the Rino vs UBC game. I left at half where both teams had back up keepers in and it was 1-1. I was quite impressed by the Metro keeper who had some nice saves and looked very comfortable in net. I would predict Rinos won by the amount of chances they had but maybe someone can tell me the ending to the game.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 1 Bingers 0

As predicted may I add. Almost had the Chile game right as well. Three points back of them. Not bad for a middle to bottom team. 0-0 at the half in a tight match where every challenge was rough. Brilliantly officiated by Rene may I add. Deluca scored a beauty with 18 or so remaining as he turned the last defender inside out before slotting it past the always strong Critter. Bingers demand a price all game and were unlucky not to tally even ringing one off the crossbar in the last five minutes. Hrvat keeps getting it done with their skeleton crew. No. 10 was dangerous for the Army all game but the Train is playing some stingy defence right now. Hope Van O's tie the Serbs.

Allllllllll Aboarrrrrrrrrd!!!!!!!!!:wa::wa::wa:

Watcher, you beat a team that is currently in the lower half of the table. Glad to see thats "not bad" for your amazing Mid table team. In fact, you sit 6 out of 12, so your the definition of a mid table team.. 3 points back, but one loss away from being in the lower half again. Where you belong I might add.

brokebloke

Oct 25, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone notice how interesting this week's schedule is? Almost a perfect matchup of teams: 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th, 5th vs 6th, 7th vs 8th, 9th vs 12, and 10th vs 11th. Should really sortout the division nicely...

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for reiterating the point I was making in my post ... you guys got lucky to beat us.

And God wasn't on your side on Friday, the ref was.

Typical for a team with a disappointing result to point fingers at the ref. Though don't get me wrong, you guys were by far the better team. That said there's a reason we're just 2 off from being tied with the lowest goals against despite being near the bottom of the table. Gonna need to start putting some goals in the net for ourselves.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical for a team with a disappointing result to point fingers at the ref. Though don't get me wrong, you guys were by far the better team. That said there's a reason we're just 2 off from being tied with the lowest goals against despite being near the bottom of the table. Gonna need to start putting some goals in the net for ourselves.

Uh, yo - he was talking about a different game, not ours. So.... :confused:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting thread and an interesting division this year. Looks like several teams have a crack at promotion to premier. Has the standard of play improved with less teams in the division? Do 2 teams get promoted? Will they only be up for short stay in premier?

One more question...where is Painful Deceit? I so liked his match reports.

:cool:

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two teams go up. Three go down. Given how the season's going I suspect almost everybody will be battling for something at the end of the year.

The quality is definitely up- no easy games (save for one team struggling to get players out)

Who's coming down?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is coming down is a very good question. The premier division is extremely tight right now, with the exception of Westside who has dug themselves a little hole early on, earning only 1 point from 7 games. They will have to start getting some points ASAP or they could be done by December. The other 11 teams are within 6 points of one another and it seems like anyone can beat anyone on a given day. If I had to say right now, I think the current top 8 teams will be safe. There is something to like about all of them. The bottom four at the moment, Richmond, Norvan, Sapperton, and Westside may be fighting it out for the balance of the season. Having said that, you wouldn't be shocked to see any one of them get results from teams in the top third of the table. This has already happened. So....in summary, and in my opinion, both ends of the table will probably come down to the last couple of weeks in the season with a mad scramble for provincial cup berths and pacific cup berths.

:cool:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is obviously very interesing in both leagues, Premier and Division 1. In Division 1 five teams at the top are within 3 points. In Premier eight teams at the top are within 5 points. The only unbeaten team is West Wan in Premier.

I believe I heard somewhere that Premier will have 10 teams in season 2012/13 which means that 3 are going down and only 1 is coming up (from Divison 1). That would make 10 teams Premier league. Can somebody confirm that? I am quite sure that only the top team from Divison 1 is going to be promoted to the Premier but I have to admit that I am not 100% sure about this.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was updated at the AGM in the Spring and can now be viewed at Vancouver Metro Soccer League

5.1. Each year the VMSL shall promote and relegate:

(a) The first and second place teams in Division 1 shall be promoted to the Premier Division. The two (2) last place teams in the Premier

Division shall be relegated to Division 1.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was updated at the AGM in the Spring and can now be viewed at Vancouver Metro Soccer League

Dezza,

Before the last season started (2010/11) those Rules and Regulations were the same (two up, two down) and then 1 team was promoted up (Norvan) while 3 were relelgated to reduce the number of the teams in the Premier league from 14 to 12.

I believe, I may be mistaken though, that back then (2, 3 years ago) it was said that the Premier league would have 10 teams in season 2012/13 which means that again, after season 2011/12 1 team would be promoted to the Premier and 3 would go down to Division 1.

Does anyone know for sure?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, the full history... BC Premier League was supposed to start in 2010-11.

In 2009 here is what we agreed.

2009-2010
Premier – 12 teams
Division 1 – 20 teams
Division 2 – 30 teams
Division 3 – 10 teams

2010-2011 (1)
BCSL – 4 teams
Premier – 10 teams
Division 1 – 10 teams
Division 2 – 30 teams
Division 3 – 20 teams

Because the BC Premier League fell apart, they were left with 14 Premier division teams, and made the decision at the 2010 AGM to demote 3 and promote 1 to balance Prem/Div 1 at 12 teams each. Now that there are 12 teams in each, the rules stated on the VMSL page are correct. Any change to this would need to be proposed at the AGM and ratified by the membership.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, didn't think I'd be missed...sorry fellas, but one particular poster has turned me completely off this site, although most people that read and post are legit good guys with insightful posts, I can't spend the time that I do trying to post acurate and detailed reports when there's an ignorant clown waiting to post his "insight" after Chile tie or lose a game.

I try to be a serious poster, but I'm not going to come in here and defend, deny or justify how my brother and I run E. de Chile because some ass clown thinks its funny to post things based on assumptions. I truly did enjoy posting our game reports, but I have stopped simply because I don't need that provocation, interpret that as you will.

Good luck to all div 1 teams the rest of the way, may the best 2 squads move on to the promised land that is promotion to the division of honour, over and out, pd.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, didn't think I'd be missed...sorry fellas, but one particular poster has turned me completely off this site, although most people that read and post are legit good guys with insightful posts, I can't spend the time that I do trying to post acurate and detailed reports when there's an ignorant clown waiting to post his "insight" after Chile tie or lose a game.

I try to be a serious poster, but I'm not going to come in here and defend, deny or justify how my brother and I run E. de Chile because some ass clown thinks its funny to post things based on assumptions. I truly did enjoy posting our game reports, but I have stopped simply because I don't need that provocation, interpret that as you will.

Good luck to all div 1 teams the rest of the way, may the best 2 squads move on to the promised land that is promotion to the division of honour, over and out, pd.

Escucha amigo, deja los putos escribir lo que quieren. Tienes solo que ser tu mismo, nosotros queremos mucho a lo que escribes despues un buen partido.

Hasta luego,
Bergamascho.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesnt TTP stand for take the piss?If anything any assclown has to say on here really affects your life beyond sitting in front of the computer, and you cant turn off that anger when you turn off your computer then its time to post elsewhere no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0