Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1 ] Results and Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 4-1 Binger's: A pretty good match for Chile today, possession was our number 1 asset and Binger's strategy to let us have the ball and pressure us all over the pitch seemed to backfire as our guys were very composed and exploited the seams left open by the overloaded pressure Binger's was excerting. Chile announces within 5 minutes of the opening whistle when Adriano springs Souza on a partial break but he puts it over a charging "Critter who cut his angle pretty good forcing the shot. Chile go up 1 nill on another stellar play by Souza as he gets the ball near the top of the 18 and rolls his way past the stretched Binger's defense to put a low strike past the Binger's goalie who didn't have a chance. Chile continues exploiting the seams and after a few dangerous rushes up the Binger's left flank, Habil springs through untouched and pots it home for the 2-0 lead which Chile takes to the half. In the second Chile maintains possession and manage to slot the 3-0 on an other good play by Souza which Ray puts home. In typical Binger's fashion, they come right back and slot one off a corner which our defense did not even challenge to make it 3-1. Chile go up for on another Ray and Souza collaboration which Ray buries without hesitation. Overall, it was a good game for us as we dominated possession and the score, our guys dinked around with the ball a little bit too much at times, but they got the job done. Binger's never quit and kept pressing for the full 90 keeping our guys honest. Nice to see a few "scouts' out at Memorial today. On to next week! pd

Full credit to Chile. We got a lesson in possession football today. Clearly you need the skill and running to play that style but it's also mental and we just gave the ball away way too much to get anything going or mount a serious comeback. Souza was definitely on his game today (timely falls included). Very tough to stop when he's running with the ball and distributing. Ray made some great runs off the ball in behind our backline as well. All-in-all, Chile is playing at a high level and will be tough to stop in the promotion bid. That said, if there is a weakness there, it's definitely in the back. I think they took their foot off the pedal a bit but a good solid offensive team will give them problems. Will look forward to the rematch with the Cooke's, LG, Vaughn and co. back in the mix. Also, not sure who the right back is but for a dude that runs 5'2 and 110 lbs, he runs his mouth quite a bit.

Quick reffing question (Captain or whoever feels like answering): if a defending player reaches out and intentionally knocks a pass down with his hand, disrupting the play but the ball bounces to another attacking player so the ref plays advantage, would you come back to caution the player on the next stoppage? I had always assumed so but we had quite a debate on the field so I could be wrong.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB, the ref definitely COULD caution the player but obviously has the discretion to choose whether he should or not. :) That's as neutral an answer as I can give. :D

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB, the ref definitely COULD caution the player but obviously has the discretion to choose whether he should or not. :) That's as neutral an answer as I can give. :D

Fair enough, thanks CS. If there is discretion there, then I stand corrected.

I should have also mentioned that the ref had a pretty solid game today. Kept control of the game for the most part and interacted well with the players. Hope we get him again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the player who handled the ball Guatemalan? I believe that's the discretionary part for CS.

:)

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, thanks CS. If there is discretion there, then I stand corrected.

I should have also mentioned that the ref had a pretty solid game today. Kept control of the game for the most part and interacted well with the players. Hope we get him again.

The ref was very good in this one, in full agreement with GB.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3-1 Richmond

Rino's showed great spirit today to get their first win of the season. Waking up to the terrible news that long time Rino Andrew Wade had perished in a plane crash in Nepal, an emotionally driven squad worked hard against a good Richmond side. Andrew will be sorely missed by those who knew him from across the league, Rest In Peace my friend

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waking up to the terrible news that long time Rino Andrew Wade had perished in a plane crash in Nepal, an emotionally driven squad worked hard against a good Richmond side. Andrew will be sorely missed by those who knew him from across the league, Rest In Peace my friend

Terrible news. My thoughts go out to Andrew's family, friends and teammates, may he rest in peace.

Chilean Superstar

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That said, if there is a weakness there, it's definitely in the back. I think they took their foot off the pedal a bit but a good solid offensive team will give them problems.

That's comical, two comments already made about Chile's back line being a weakness, not sure if anyone has seen the standings but they've only surrendered 2 goals in 3 games, the lowest in the league so far. :cool:

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3-1 RichmondRino's showed great spirit today to get their first win of the season. Waking up to the terrible news that long time Rino Andrew Wade had perished in a plane crash in Nepal, an emotionally driven squad worked hard against a good Richmond side. Andrew will be sorely missed by those who knew him from across the league, Rest In Peace my friend

Thanks anjin. We got the news about Andrew last night and were obviously shocked and saddened. He was a great person, teammate and friend. One of the best people I have known, in or outside of soccer. He will be misssed.

And well done to the Rino boys for stepping up on what must have been a tough day to play.

GB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3-1 Richmond

Rino's showed great spirit today to get their first win of the season. Waking up to the terrible news that long time Rino Andrew Wade had perished in a plane crash in Nepal, an emotionally driven squad worked hard against a good Richmond side. Andrew will be sorely missed by those who knew him from across the league, Rest In Peace my friend

Terrible news. :( Please accept my condolensces on behalf of my family. :(

Stephen Burns

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On behalf of me and the RFC club we were honored to have had a moment of silence for Andrew at the start of the game and thought that it was only fitting that the game ended up as it did. I believe the sun came out at half for a reason and it was a good omen for the Rino's boys. To discuss the match would lose sight of what that day was all about and it was remembering andrew as his teammates knew how best to ... playing the beautiful game. Having had the joy of meeting and knowing andrew throughout my soccer career I always felt a little bit better every time I got to see his reserved smile and check in to see how life was going. He truly was one of the good ones and will be missed by all I am sure. To all his friends and family please accept my deepest condolensces.

cheers , Jared McGowan

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My condolences to Andrew's family and friends. I had the pleasure of lining up with him a few years back. He was a great guy and great team player who will be sorely missed.

RIP friend,
Harvey (Minh-Hung) Le

Big D

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our deepest sympathy to Andrew's teammates on the Rino's Soccer Club & to Andrew's family & friends.
From the Vancouver Olympics Soccer Team.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Condolences to Andrew's family, teammates and loved ones from the entire E. de Chile squad, our prayers and thoughts are with those who knew him and were lucky enough to be part of his life. Good luck to Rino's in pushing through this tough time of losing a member of your club. pd

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you all for your sympathies and support.

A short tribute to Andrew can be found on our website here. I'm sure many of you who have been around for a while will recognize him in the photos as he has been everpresent with Rino's since we took over after the premier team was demoted.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the excellent site showed that the game at Burnaby Lake #4 was abandoned. NK Hrvat vs Olympics...what happened? Watcher ...reports....who are we blaming now...

PAC2010

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you all for your sympathies and support.

A short tribute to Andrew can be found on our website here. I'm sure many of you who have been around for a while will recognize him in the photos as he has been everpresent with Rino's since we took over after the premier team was demoted.

This is devastating news and my heartfelt thoughts go to Andrew's family, his Westside family and to all of those in his Vancouver soccer family. Very hard to fathom this young life cut short. Best of luck this season fellas and I know you will do Andrew proud.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK vs Van O's abd

Van O's went up 1-0 on some lazy marking on a corner kick at the 30 min mark. Then ten before the half ex NKer Nico broke in to the 18 and was beaten to the ball by Goose who was shielding the ball towards the end line at the right corner of the six. Speedy Nico went around the shield and got a touch on the ball right at the end line but was out muscled by Goose and fell out of bounds. As Goose was turning to go with the ball the ref blows the whistle for what everyone thought was an NK free kick only to see the ref point to the penalty spot. Fukcing brutal call when there was no hint of a scoring chance. Van O's deposited the spot shot but the ref was hearing from the NK sideline and decided to give the NK coach an ultimatum which fell on deaf ears. When he told him to leave the park it didn't happen fast enough for his liking so he made a beeline to his truck and left without even taking his flags. I have seen thin skin before but this ref is beyond insane. He did the same thing to NK masters last year. Gave a brutal penalty and then didn't like the response so he abandoned the game. Everyone was stunned as the NK coach is one of the most soft spoken guys you will ever meet. This ref has always been a jerk to NK going back a decade or more. There goes all the fun we've been having.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, whether it was a wrong call or not......the coach must leave the field when asked. By the way, you said it wasn't a "no hint of a scoring chance'.....so there was a foul then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0