Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

My bet Is North Delta & Guilford
Columbus are out of gas last 20 mins most games past there by sell date they have only 12 players some games
Fantastic striker now on Sarajevo
Hit a over head kick top corner
Lucky he was off side

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most impressive thing is sarajevo with 4 goal all season and by no means destinéd to be relegated.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could have Guildford & ND go up to give next year's prem the following:

6 teams South of the Fraser
1 team Middle of the Fraser
5 teams North of the Fraser

(Assuming Pacific United nor RFC do not get relegated)

:)

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised by Columbus's struggles based on how good they were up until a month ago. The table is brilliantly positioned heading into Xmas, certainly the most wide open Div 1 promotion race I can recall in recent memory with BOTH spots wide open.

Saw the majority of Bingers v Westside yesterday, all in all I would say Westside were full value for the 3 pts. They scored early and then had the lion's share of possession throughout the game. Big GK had to be up to his usual standards to keep things close for most of the match. As was previously mentioned, the Westsiders put the nail in the coffin late when Bingers inevitablely started to press.

Bingers really only looked to clip crosses, set pieces, etc. into the box for their tree of a striker. He's definitely a handful for defenses and he had 3 half chances that went over the bar, but that was essentially the entirety of the Bingers offense. If teams can adjust and neautralize him I think Bingers will have a tough go in the second half.

Surprised by the amount of whining directed towards the ref by Bingers. He wasn't perfect of course, but from the sidelines at least he seemed to have a decent handle on things. Certainly I don't think their was much controversy over any big decisions?? Big GK perhaps a different perspective from inside the white lines? Anyway, not something I usually associate with Bingers who are generally a hard working, no BS group of guys who play hard and just get on with it. Maybe some new (younger??) guys in the fold now? Or perhaps it just comes with the thin air of being at the top of the table ;)

Marcus

Jan 25, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match Report from Royals vs Bingers. We started pretty well for the first 10-15 minutes with a couple of early chances nothing to rave about then Bingers started to dominate possession moving the ball around nicely and enjoying 60/40 possession and creating a few good goalscoring chances that narrowly went over the bar. We hit them off a goal kick, with a ball over the top and our forward jimmy buried as he has been so regularly now and we went up 1-0 at about 35-40 mins in which was definitely against the play. Second half was more of the same but we sat back nicely and shut down any space when bingers got near our 30 yard line. They brought on their big guy toni and went for long balls and diagonals but didn't manage to muster too many clear cut chances while clearly having possession and us on the back foot. Bingers is a strong team and id say end of the day we managed to win this one out luckily because we had a hard time putting more then 3-4 passes together in the second half, missing a few key guys through suspension and injury now. Our defence again held tight and we stuck to our plan. Good game good luck to bingers rest of the way

Golazo

Nov 19, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised by Columbus's struggles based on how good they were up until a month ago. The table is brilliantly positioned heading into Xmas, certainly the most wide open Div 1 promotion race I can recall in recent memory with BOTH spots wide open.

Saw the majority of Bingers v Westside yesterday, all in all I would say Westside were full value for the 3 pts. They scored early and then had the lion's share of possession throughout the game. Big GK had to be up to his usual standards to keep things close for most of the match. As was previously mentioned, the Westsiders put the nail in the coffin late when Bingers inevitablely started to press.

Bingers really only looked to clip crosses, set pieces, etc. into the box for their tree of a striker. He's definitely a handful for defenses and he had 3 half chances that went over the bar, but that was essentially the entirety of the Bingers offense. If teams can adjust and neautralize him I think Bingers will have a tough go in the second half.

Surprised by the amount of whining directed towards the ref by Bingers. He wasn't perfect of course, but from the sidelines at least he seemed to have a decent handle on things. Certainly I don't think their was much controversy over any big decisions?? Big GK perhaps a different perspective from inside the white lines? Anyway, not something I usually associate with Bingers who are generally a hard working, no BS group of guys who play hard and just get on with it. Maybe some new (younger??) guys in the fold now? Or perhaps it just comes with the thin air of being at the top of the table ;)
I've been to a few of Columbus's games this year and the team has looked completely different every time I've seen them. One team I saw would compete with any premier team, the others would get beaten easily. I don't see them going up this year.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 5-0 Sarajevo

We scored 2 goals early in the first 10-15 and it was pretty much a case of by how many after that. Physical team with a couple good players on it. Not fun to play against.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta have certainly been on a good run and suddenly find themselves in a tight promotion battle heading into the winter break. Their last 3 scheduled games of the season are against Guildford, Columbus, and Binger's the back half of February.

upload_2015-12-21_6-1-7.png

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta have certainly been on a good run and suddenly find themselves in a tight promotion battle heading into the winter break. Their last 3 scheduled games of the season are against Guildford, Columbus, and Binger's the back half of February.

View attachment 12850

Even though Sarajevo are at bottom of Div 1 they are a tough team play hard do not give up
The score shows how good North Delta are
I still predict N Delta and Guilford
For promo

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keep in mind it's Guildford x 2 given the earlier PPD.

Surprise story of the year has to be SD. After being whipping boys for Shaheen in Week 1 they've taken pts off 4 of the top 5 (3 wins) and have firmly solidified themselves in the Division for next season.

Trojan10

Nov 23, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford is a nice story and a decent team... but you need veteren players in the VMSL and they are too one dimensional to do anything in Prem

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What guildford has is a really really organized team. You can tell they have been together for a while and have spent a lot of time working on shape and their tactical play. Watching a few of their games, that's what I've noticed.

Most older teams don't really have the time to practice that much to get that organized and rely on their tactical/game knowledge coming from youth and collegiate coaching. Sure everyone has a game plan and tactics but I doubt all teams spend practice working on shape. I definetly think guildford does film sessions and tactical work and that's why they keep succeeding at every level.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note that the performance of Guildford and Colombus is higher than Norvan and FC Rino/Tigers.
The cup play will help to harmonize the two groups.

13 DIV 1 1900 Guildford FC A
14 DIV 1 1875 ICSF Columbus A
15 DIV 1 1845 NDFC Olympics A
16 DIV 1 1800 Binger's Army
17 DIV 1 1775 Westside FC A
18 DIV 1 1750 SDFC Royals A
19 DIV 1 1630 Akal FC
20 DIV 1 1625 Metropolitan A
21 DIV 1 1610 Rino's Vanc SC
22 DIV 1 1575 FC Romania
23 DIV 1 1550 Sarajevo FC A
24 DIV 1 1500 Shaheen FC A

hornswoggle

Nov 2, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colombus gets a nice warmup match against Shaheen before a big match up with Guildford the following weekend. I see them keeping a top 2 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0